Pod Your Reef

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

There is such a similarity w/ gardening. Some things can live in shade, they'll have more leaves but put it in the sun and it'll have more flowers. You have the foreground, background height issues. They do go well together.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Just think how much more time I would have to give to my aquarium if I did not have a yard. It's scary to think about it actually.

Oh how so? :)

For one thing, I would have a lot more money to spend on my aquarium. I probably would have an entire room called the aquarium room filled with tanks so that I could keep different corals, inverts and fish. It would be like my own aquarium store :)

Deleted User 4

For one thing, I would have a lot more money to spend on my aquarium. I probably would have an entire room called the aquarium room filled with tanks so that I could keep different corals, inverts and fish. It would be like my own aquarium store :)

Lololol!!!! Why can't you just settle with two tanks, and save the rest of the money? Hahaha.

That would be too much work....imo. I used to work at a lfs and my gawd, it's tiring to keep up with all the tank maintenance.

Lololol!!!! Why can't you just settle with two tanks, and save the rest of the money? Hahaha.

That would be too much work....imo. I used to work at a lfs and my gawd, it's tiring to keep up with all the tank maintenance.

Because there are so many fish and corals that I cannot keep together. I would need separate systems to own them. I would not mind the work as I would not have the massive garden to maintain anymore :)

You could charge admission and then pay someone to cut your lawn!!!

Sounds like a great plan. Cutting the lawn is easy. It's the weeding, and feeding, and trimming, and pruning, and digging, and planting, and raking, aerating, de-thatching, and dealing with pests that is more time consuming.

I can picture lllu's face and reaction right about now :)

Deleted User 4

Lololol we're totally different people imo. I'm pretty lazy, so minding to keep myself occupied on multiple hobbies isn't suited for me.

I like to just stick with one hobby, one religion, one family, one house and of course my life (work, tv, eating, vacating, etc).

Lololol we're totally different people imo. I'm pretty lazy, so minding to keep myself occupied on multiple hobbies isn't suited for me.

I like to just stick with one hobby, one religion, one family, one house and of course my life (work, tv, eating, vacating, etc).

Lololol! We may be different people but both have a passion for this hobby.

I have 5 tanks right now and I will admit, maintaining them is a lot of work. I like having something to do though, if I sit still too long, I start going crazy.

Deleted User 4

I have 5 tanks right now and I will admit, maintaining them is a lot of work. I like having something to do though, if I sit still too long, I start going crazy.

Well, you can always go help or volunteer to help people out at churches, temples, or whatever kind of religion you believe in. Or if no religion, you can always help other people out instead of sitting still lMao.

Well, you can always go help or volunteer to help people out at churches, temples, or whatever kind of religion you believe in. Or if no religion, you can always help other people out instead of sitting still lMao.

I volunteered at a hospital and a local animal shelter for awhile. I had to stop though due to school. Clinicals take up all my day hours. Now I'm training for as half-marathon in my free time.

Deleted User 4

I volunteered at a hospital and a local animal shelter for awhile. I had to stop though due to school. Clinicals take up all my day hours. Now I'm training for as half-marathon in my free time.

That's good. Don't you like the feeling of helping people out? It feels great imo.

Charity work it is. Whenever I have the free time, or I always will find something to do, other than spending more money for more hobbies/ or the same one hobby.

That's good. Don't you like the feeling of helping people out? It feels great imo. Charity work it is. Whenever I have the free time, or I always will find something to do, other than spending more money for more hobbies/ or the same one hobby.

I volunteer my time coaching youth sports teams. I enjoy working with kids and coaching various sports. Pretty soon I will be coaching my own boys. It's probably better I only have 3 Aquariums. My family needs my time to.

Just completed water changes and maintenance on my Nuvo 24, 220 gallon, and 150 gallon turtle terrarium. Should be good for a couple of weeks. My hands are all wrinkled from the water now. I am thinking of driving to the LFS to see what king of trouble I can get myself into :) Still need more fish for my systems.

Deleted User 4

I volunteer my time coaching youth sports teams. I enjoy working with kids and coaching various sports. Pretty soon I will be coaching my own boys. It's probably better I only have 3 Aquariums. My family needs my time to.

Just completed water changes and maintenance on my Nuvo 24, 220 gallon, and 150 gallon turtle terrarium. Should be good for a couple of weeks. My hands are all wrinkled from the water now. I am thinking of driving to the LFS to see what king of trouble I can get myself into :) Still need more fish for my systems.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Family comes 1st. Lol.

That's why I'm sticking with just two aquariums for the future plans. One scoly themed and one ricordea themed.

TSB? Lol.

Hopefully you find something(fish) way more exotic to add to your nuvo because that setup deserves one!!! :)

Don't hate.. TSB are amazing.. who cares if a fish is exotic if it has a boring personality. None-reefers who come to visit are only going to care about clownfish and shrimp anyways lol

Three is a good # for tanks, I'll be down to 2 salt and 1 fresh soon.

Deleted User 4

Don't hate.. TSB are amazing.. who cares if a fish is exotic if it has a boring personality. None-reefers who come to visit are only going to care about clownfish and shrimp anyways lol

Three is a good # for tanks, I'll be down to 2 salt and 1 fresh soon.

Forget about fresh(Unless you're talking of a koi pond)..... I started freshwater before saltwater and never touched it again since I got into the coral enthusiast myself.

Tsb is too common. Just like any other clownfish, royal gramma, firefish etc.

Forget about fresh(Unless you're talking of a koi pond)..... I started freshwater before saltwater and never touched it again since I got into the coral enthusiast myself.

Tsb is too common. Just like any other clownfish, royal gramma, firefish etc.

Unless you work at a fish store, then a person generally isn't being bombarded with clownfish, ect in their face all the time and common or not doesn't really matter if you don't count the pissing contest people part-take in online.

Fresh isn't so bad, its been with me for like 10 years. Same plants for 10 years and no maintenance. I WC every 6 months and that's it.

Well I got a new toy for my aquarium today. It's the Innovative Marine HydroFill Auto Top Off System. Have not had the chance to set it up and I will probably get to it tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it runs and give a few performance reviews.

Still no livestock, although I was really close to picking up a few designer clowns and a leopard wrasse. This only gives me more time to think about what I really want to add in my system.

Love your tank!!! Great corals! How do you like your inline uv? Debating that or biopellets. And I can't wait for the hydrofill review!

Love your tank!!! Great corals! How do you like your inline uv? Debating that or biopellets. And I can't wait for the hydrofill review!

Thank you! I really like my inline uv and it just gives me an added piece of mind in assisting to eradicate free swimming parasites and reduce algae spores. I also run biopellets in an innovative marine reactor. Seems to be working quite well as all my livestock is growing, thriving, and vibrant. I will post the hydrofill update and review soon.

Did not have time to install the HydroFill auto top off today. The family and I went to the outlet mall to shop and then had to prep for my 4 year olds birthday which is today. I bought him a 125 gallon aquarium for his birthday. No, I'm just messing :)

I plan on adding a sump and refugium to my Nuvo. I have a really nice lifereef sump and refugium sitting in storage wasting away. I might as well utilize what I have. Hope to get this done within the next week along with installing the HydroFill. Also am thinking on adding a second mp10ES unit to have greater flow and create a master slave relationship between my 2 MP10's. it's quite a project but I am up for the challenge. The water volume in the sump and refugium will equal that of my Nuvo. This will give me approximately 48 gallons of water volume. Not bad, now I just have to figure out all the logistics.

Archived