Coral Vue Hydros

Egginis Nuvo 24

Egginis

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm messing with ya- it looks so awesome. Everyone should take the time to really think about placement. I came on this site probably 3 mos before I joined to learn and research. I never went anywhere but this site to educate myself. There are just so many extraordinary tanks. One of the first things I remember doing was looking in the TOTM section all the tanks that were as small as mine and reading about them.

I'm messing with ya- it looks so awesome. Everyone should take the time to really think about placement. I came on this site probably 3 mos before I joined to learn and research. I never went anywhere but this site to educate myself. There are just so many extraordinary tanks. One of the first things I remember doing was looking in the TOTM section all the tanks that were as small as mine and reading about them.
That is what I thought :) I also look at tank of the month threads and gather ideas and inspiration from these terrific systems. My dream tank will be a 10 - 12 foot long, 30-36in wide, 30 inch depth aquarium. I can only imagine what can be done with an aquarium like this.

Looks amazing!!
Thank you very much. I am always tinkering with it to make it better. Even as I type this, I am looking to make a few coral placement changes.

"My dream tank will be a 10 - 12 foot long, 30-36in wide, 30 inch depth aquarium.".

UM, Yeah, that would be a tank to behold. You could have themed islands. A burb of this, a burb of that. I'm excited for the thought of that tank

After reading that, I should just give up!

This is almost how I feel looking at his tank again. It's like I could never hope to create anything nearly that beautiful. Lofty goal I suppose :-)

This is almost how I feel looking at his tank again. It's like I could never hope to create anything nearly that beautiful. Lofty goal I suppose :-)
You can and you will. Even if we all have to help you. Lighting plays a huge role in bringing the colors of the corals out. The Nuvo stock lights just don't cut it.

"My dream tank will be a 10 - 12 foot long, 30-36in wide, 30 inch depth aquarium.".UM, Yeah, that would be a tank to behold. You could have themed islands. A burb of this, a burb of that. I'm excited for the thought of that tank
My wife is not so excited :)

You're 10-12 foot long tank is basically my same dream tank. I want it in the wall and such.. between two rooms so it can be viewed from both sides. I would pref if 1 of the rooms was something awesome like the hot-tub room, ultimate relaxation room. Ofc I don't have that kind of $ yet but I am not one to give up on my dreams.

You're 10-12 foot long tank is basically my same dream tank. I want it in the wall and such.. between two rooms so it can be viewed from both sides. I would pref if 1 of the rooms was something awesome like the hot-tub room, ultimate relaxation room. Ofc I don't have that kind of $ yet but I am not one to give up on my dreams.

Already told my wife that when we either level our home and rebuild, or add on and remodel, the aquarium will be built. It will have its own dedicated electrical and plumbing room. This will be my ultimate dream aquarium. Now we just need the economy and real estate market to keep getting better.

It's been 2 days and I cannot find my tailspot Blenny. Since day 1 he has been active swimming and perching on rock and corals. I am a bit nervous he might have jumped into the back chambers during routine maintanance. Not excited about having to take the back of the aquarium apart but want to find this awesome little guy.

It's been 2 days and I cannot find my tailspot Blenny. Since day 1 he has been active swimming and perching on rock and corals. I am a bit nervous he might have jumped into the back chambers during routine maintanance. Not excited about having to take the back of the aquarium apart but want to find this awesome little guy.

:( Hope you find him okay. I lost my 1st fish (clown) to it jumping into the back chambers.

Good luck. I think it probably is in the back chamber. Have you checked the floor? Or underneath the stand?

Yes, those were the first areas I checked. I'm about to disassemble the back chamber and look for him. Have my fingers crossed.

Yes, those were the first areas I checked. I'm about to disassemble the back chamber and look for him. Have my fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear that - keep us posted.

Well I have some good news and bad news. Bad news is that I did not find the Blenny. Good news is that I was able to clean out and refresh all the media and filter sponges in the back of my aquarium. I also performed a 25% water change and the aquarium looks better than ever.

I am really baffled as to where the tailspot Blenny went. I am going to try a little heavier feeding to see if I can coax him out of hiding. That is if he is still alive and in the aquarium.

Mmmm maybe the fireshrimp finished its flesh? :(

That is a gruesome thought but a very strong possibility. The 2 fireshrimp I have are monster eaters. They chase the fish away to grab food. Here is one peering behind the SPS. Oh, and they have molted half a dozen times each in the past 4 months. Is this normal and a good thing? Are the growing every time they molt?

post-80849-0-88621600-1375750388_thumb.jpg

Deleted User 4

That is a gruesome thought but a very strong possibility. The 2 fireshrimp I have are monster eaters. They chase the fish away to grab food. Here is one peering behind the SPS. Oh, and they have molted half a dozen times each in the past 4 months. Is this normal and a good thing? Are the growing every time they molt?

Mmm, you have two in the tank?? Ohh, what a nightmare..

Mmm, you have two in the tank?? Ohh, what a nightmare..

Yes but excellent scavengers. I will never have to remove another dead fish from my nano aquarium again :)

Deleted User 4

Yes but excellent scavengers. I will never have to remove another dead fish from my nano aquarium again :)

I guess....Lol.

But yeah I mean my fire shrimp molted many times each month as well.

I wouldn't stand two fireshrimps... :blink:

Did you find your Benny? Mine once disappeared for 4 days and eventually re-appeared. It likes to hide right behind or under the rock where the light don't shine so it's hard to spot them.

Try this. After about an hour when your lights go out, and your in complete darkness, use your cellphone light or that torchlight app on iPhone and shine on the tank. You might find that Shy little guy. That's how I found mine. He's probably like "alright you win, you found me. Game over. Time to come out and play" and since then its been out and about.

Did you find your Benny? Mine once disappeared for 4 days and eventually re-appeared. It likes to hide right behind or under the rock where the light don't shine so it's hard to spot them.

Try this. After about an hour when your lights go out, and your in complete darkness, use your cellphone light or that torchlight app on iPhone and shine on the tank. You might find that Shy little guy. That's how I found mine. He's probably like "alright you win, you found me. Game over. Time to come out and play" and since then its been out and about.

The moon lights are on now. So I will take your advice and try searching for him with my phone after midnight when the aquarium is pitch black.

post-80849-0-27673900-1375760468_thumb.jpg

You need a better camera. Lolol.

Yes, I know. All these photos are from my ipad mini. I would really like to show everyone the true details and colors of my aquarium. Looks like I have a reason to camera shop now. I will just tell my wife it is because I want to take better photos of the kids :)

Archived