inTank Media Baskets

The Tweaker

pgrVII

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a cutie! I have 13 crested geckos under my care. They are sweet little things too :). Love the vivarium you built complete with fog...too cool!

#winning!

#yes!

He is a cutie! I have 13 crested geckos under my care. They are sweet little things too :). Love the vivarium you built complete with fog...too cool!

I just sold my breeding pair of cresties,I had a standard mocha female and a harlequin pinstripe male! Also just tossed a clutch of eggs last night. I live cresties they are so easy to keep! Ever try the repashy diet? Stuff is awesome,I'd put it in a little spray bottle and mist the leaves so it's like they'd eat in nature.

He's so cute!! And I don't generally think reptiles are cute...

He's super cute and he's bust exploring his tank :) he's eaten I cricket from my hand,3 others in the cage and a mini super worm

Thanks guys ! I love my reef tank but love me some reptiles

How much are those Patrick I am just curious if you don't mind?

Not at all buddy,I paid 35 for him and 40 overnight. Captive bred is more expensive and harder to find.

+1Is he going to get lost in that jungle Patrick?

The first few days he will stake out a safe zone,where he will be sure there's water,shelter,food,and heat/light,also devoid of predators. As he becomes more aware of his surroundings he will explore more of his domain,he was down in the bottom today checking out the mini worm dish,got a quick snack then went back to the top where he can keep his eyes on things. I did a new video about him today on his own separate thread

I just sold my breeding pair of cresties,I had a standard mocha female and a harlequin pinstripe male! Also just tossed a clutch of eggs last night. I live cresties they are so easy to keep! Ever try the repashy diet? Stuff is awesome,I'd put it in a little spray bottle and mist the leaves so it's like they'd eat in nature.

I have some harlies, some dals, pinstripes. I think the dals are my favorite :). I have a gravid female right now! Our first pairing...can't wait for those eggs and to hatch them out :happydance:. You know which food is even better? I like the Pangea line. The Banana and Apricot and the Banana and Papaya. I'm tempted to taste it myself LOL. I used to feed them crickets but now I do wax worms. Crickets are a PITA for me. Plus they jump/escape. Wax worms are just too easy :).

Wax worms are easy,just gotta watch for impaction issues on a heavy diet of them. I got a really nice cricket keeper from exo Terra today that's perfectly designed compared to others.

The page line is good from what I hear,never tried it though, I liked the rhepashy cause I could spray it like nectar in the evening to better simulate natural feeding behaviors in mine,I would do thst once a week and crickets that are gut loaded,tomorrow I'm going to offer fruit flies to action jackson.

I have some harlies, some dals, pinstripes. I think the dals are my favorite :). I have a gravid female right now! Our first pairing...can't wait for those eggs and to hatch them out :happydance:. You know which food is even better? I like the Pangea line. The Banana and Apricot and the Banana and Papaya. I'm tempted to taste it myself LOL. I used to feed them crickets but now I do wax worms. Crickets are a PITA for me. Plus they jump/escape. Wax worms are just too easy :).

Wax worms are easy,just gotta watch for impaction issues on a heavy diet of them. I got a really nice cricket keeper from exo Terra today that's perfectly designed compared to others.

The page line is good from what I hear,never tried it though, I liked the rhepashy cause I could spray it like nectar in the evening to better simulate natural feeding behaviors in mine,I would do thst once a week and crickets that are gut loaded,tomorrow I'm going to offer fruit flies to action jackson.

Didn't know about the impaction possibility! I feed them only once a week. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

I bet I could water down the pangea and get the same results with the spray bottle! That's a great idea!

fruit flies sound like trouble LOL. So tiny...they can escape right?

Didn't know about the impaction possibility! I feed them only once a week. Hopefully that won't be an issue.I bet I could water down the pangea and get the same results with the spray bottle! That's a great idea!fruit flies sound like trouble LOL. So tiny...they can escape right?

They are typically flightless fruit flies. I remember back when I kept leopard geckos, wax worms would lead to a fatty liver, but they loved them once in a while.

I just hated touching them. Bugs don't bother me usually but their little hairs on their pudgy bodies sleeved me out.

I always wanted a chameleon but they seemed like a lot of trouble. Would you say they are easier or more difficult to maintain than a reef tank?

They are typically flightless fruit flies. I remember back when I kept leopard geckos, wax worms would lead to a fatty liver, but they loved them once in a while.

Ok...gonna have to research this. Thanks for the heads up. I just started giving them like two weeks ago so we should still be ok :).

Ok...gonna have to research this. Thanks for the heads up. I just started giving them like two weeks ago so we should still be ok :).

Fwiw I never had crested geckos... So idk of that is unique to leopards only. Super worms used to be all the rage for them, healthy and less chiton than mealworms so less risk of impact ion. I would just pull a few out the fridge and let them warm up a bit and drop them in a bowl. I used to love watching them shake their tails right before striking.

Didn't know about the impaction possibility! I feed them only once a week. Hopefully that won't be an issue.I bet I could water down the pangea and get the same results with the spray bottle! That's a great idea!fruit flies sound like trouble LOL. So tiny...they can escape right?

They are flightless and self produce cultures in the jar they come in. Just take the bundle of grass out of the jar and shake it in the cage,or feeder dish. Easy peezee.

They are typically flightless fruit flies. I remember back when I kept leopard geckos, wax worms would lead to a fatty liver, but they loved them once in a while. I just hated touching them. Bugs don't bother me usually but their little hairs on their pudgy bodies sleeved me out. I always wanted a chameleon but they seemed like a lot of trouble. Would you say they are easier or more difficult to maintain than a reef tank?

Depends, I consider myself a pretty advanced reptile keeper, and I've never owned a chameleon as the one I want tends to be a little more sensitive then say a panther or veiled,also about half those two mentioned full grown size. Jackson's while liking it humid,like it cool too,no more than 85 degrees Fahrenheit for a basking site,and like it cool at night down into the 60's and can tolerate into the 50's if need be,the ones allowed to have a 60 temp at night thrive better in captivity, they also don't care to be handled often,this to a degree is case by case pending the chameleons personality. So far (knock on wood) I've been maintaining consistent environment control and have the necessary things to help him thrive, while the fogger is way cool to see its very useful,especially when in the winter when the house is very dry. They also won't drink from a water bowl they won't even recognize standing water so a drip and or multiple misting must be done,as well as a monthly access to either a soak in a rain storm or cool shower in the bathtub to help rid and dead skin,clean their eyes and expelling any thing in their lungs.

I wouldn't be overtly concerned, offering a few once in a while is no big deal,I do know I could easily just feed mine on the rhepashy brand as its made from pollen and things like thst they'd eat in nature but used crickets to make sure they had the drive to hunt filled. Cresties have the ability to become obese easily. Really a varied diet is best imho.

I actually have a thread started for Action Jackson also,complete with video

So I've been toying with what to get on the left side of my chest for.my next tattoo think I've finally decidedgoku_ssj_battle_damage_by_jarcuto-d6awoo

Some naked dude.....with a lot of hair?

I vote you put Action Jackson on instead!

Some naked dude.....with a lot of hair?

I vote you put Action Jackson on instead!

Hahaha he will get a spot on my leg action jackson will.

Goku deserves the other side of my chest as he's been my favorite hero for a long long time. Most powerful fighter in the universe, to the point that when he died he didn't actually die but became earth's protector.

Archived