Top Shelf Aquatics

The Tweaker

pgrVII

Despite being in limbo of tank or not to tank, I got a really good deal on this derasa clam at lfs today definitely paid under $30 ;)

20150810_112907_zpsnnz26vcg_edit_1439221

Probably a good 3.5"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite being in limbo of tank or not to tank, I got a really good deal on this derasa clam at lfs today definitely paid under $30 ;)

20150810_112907_zpsnnz26vcg_edit_1439221

Probably a good 3.5"

Really cute

Hope the tank doesn't come down, but I'm sure you have your reasons. Either way wish you the best

Really cute

Hope the tank doesn't come down, but I'm sure you have your reasons. Either way wish you the best

Yea well see how it goes

Looked healthy enough,for under 30 figured couldn't hurt

Yea well see how it goes

Looked healthy enough,for under 30 figured couldn't hurt

You made sure to burp it? (Move it around, sideways and upside down to get out any possible air bubbles)

You made sure to burp it? (Move it around, sideways and upside down to get out any possible air bubbles)

Yea it was bounced around in the pickup and then I burped it in the tank after acclimating

But Thanks for the reminder sir

Shadow tested really well also.

It was being kept under a single t5 actinic bulb so it's off to the side of my tank and I raised the gooseneck a bit higher and over so it's not getting blasted

So the clam has settled in nicely,everyone is playing nicely and was nice and open today. Happy with the 25 purchase.

Nice purchase indeed. I hope you keep the tank running, but I understand if other things in life won't allow it at the moment. You can always start over anytime! :) I can't believe you found such a nice clam for 25!

Nice purchase indeed. I hope you keep the tank running, but I understand if other things in life won't allow it at the moment. You can always start over anytime! :) I can't believe you found such a nice clam for 25!

Haha yea one of the perks for constantly shopping at petco,they hired me to work sundays to do q and a for saltwater and to recommend products. That's it,that's all I have to do and I get a discount. So I'm gonna help them revamp their product section and livestock orders too. They told me they where worried about the clam and thst they'd discount it for me since they knew I'd give it a good home and it'll thrive in my tank so that's kinda cool.

Haha yea one of the perks for constantly shopping at petco,they hired me to work sundays to do q and a for saltwater and to recommend products. That's it,that's all I have to do and I get a discount. So I'm gonna help them revamp their product section and livestock orders too. They told me they where worried about the clam and thst they'd discount it for me since they knew I'd give it a good home and it'll thrive in my tank so that's kinda cool.

Oh wow, that's awesome! I've put in applications to both pet stores around here and haven't heard back from either. I wouldn't mind having the discount to help out with purchases! Sadly the petco doesn't have a saltwater section. What kinds of lights did they have it under? I thought the ones they use aren't powerful enough for clams, most coral

Oh wow, that's awesome! I've put in applications to both pet stores around here and haven't heard back from either. I wouldn't mind having the discount to help out with purchases! Sadly the petco doesn't have a saltwater section. What kinds of lights did they have it under? I thought the ones they use aren't powerful enough for clams, most coral

They aren't it's a single actinic t5 they actually run 5 tanks with these now that have coral after a year of me getting up their ass. They said there's alot cooperate won't allow but they did it anyway. So it's a little improvement.

I spend so much in there for the dogs the ferret and lizards they had me on the bad pals list,which is a list of people who constantly have earned rewards points that they think other people use the card to help earn them lol they always tell the district manager up till a while ago that I really come in that often. I'm also one of a few people they've allowed a saltwater livestock return. ;)

They aren't it's a single actinic t5 they actually run 5 tanks with these now that have coral after a year of me getting up their ass. They said there's alot cooperate won't allow but they did it anyway. So it's a little improvement.

That is much better than nothing at all. Sometimes I wonder about the people making decisions about the saltwater stuff.

That is much better than nothing at all. Sometimes I wonder about the people making decisions about the saltwater stuff.

All office people. That generally don't know squat,or do and go against it cause it's too costly to run it proper.

All office people. That generally don't know squat,or do and go against it cause it's too costly to run it proper.

True enough. At least you might be able to persuade better livestock purchases with the lights in mind.

True enough. At least you might be able to persuade better livestock purchases with the lights in mind.

I am gonna try to see if they will allow me to switch to leds over the coral tanks to illustrate the efficiency (especially since they carry em ) and to set up a invert fluval tank in store with some coral.

I am gonna try to see if they will allow me to switch to leds over the coral tanks to illustrate the efficiency (especially since they carry em ) and to set up a invert fluval tank in store with some coral.

That'd be awesome! You'll have to post some pictures if you can convince them to do that

The PetCo by me has a very sad looking saltwater section. It's getting a little better (I go in for cat food and litter) over the past few months though. It used to be overrun with cyano so bad you could barely see inside the tanks. Now, ich is their biggest issue... :(

Probably should update this soon huh?

Nothing really to report,water change tomorrow, clam is happy looking no gapping and was fed phyto today. All seems well :)

Probably should update this soon huh?

Nothing really to report,water change tomorrow, clam is happy looking no gapping and was fed phyto today. All seems well :)

You are spot feeding your clam phyto, or just feeding the tank? :huh:

Yes, this!

Jackson's been around 3 weeks lol he needs more time.then that to earn skin

You are spot feeding your clam phyto, or just feeding the tank? :huh:

All my animals are spot fed

I only broadcast once a month.

Well the fish aren't spot fed lol but you know what i mean

• 2 weeks later...

Archived