Coral Vue Hydros

The Graveyard-Shiznit is hitting the fan!

jadedanime

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......eventually :( I'm not home right now so theoretically my cycle could be done and I wouldn't know. How long did you cycle before you added hulk?

When will you be getting spock?

oh god umm, i set the tank up on june 21st, um i took the original black sand out and put in some of the same black sand from the same 20lb bag and mixed some of my displays white sand with it when i broke and glued the rocks together maybe a week later, not sure but i got the hulk on July 24th, could of had him him a week earlier because waited to see if my lfs could get one but they couldnt find the right species.

So not long eh? LolI think wennerae are pretty hardy, but I'm just worried about the initial ammonia spiking,,.hopefully it won't but ... I'm a nervous nilly....

oh god umm, i set the tank up on june 21st, um i took the original black sand out and put in some of the same black sand from the same 20lb bag and mixed some of my displays white sand with it when i broke and glued the rocks together maybe a week later, not sure but i got the hulk on July 24th, could of had him him a week earlier because waited to see if my lfs could get one but they couldnt find the right species.

So I will be hitting up the LFS tomorrow....taking my aunt to see what all the hubbub is about. She's an old bio prof, but she only thinks she knows about marine life...I always correct her. They have a wicked yellow maxi mini in...so I may see if I can't get it on hold for a week until my cycle is over. Assuming the price is right. I know it's yellow but I'm not going over like maybe 40... Idk we will see if my aunt plays the biological grandmother I have to buy stuff for you card ;)... They also have a green one... Which I fell in love with the color on Morgans Facebook... She's got one for sale, but I have to wait for a few months before the cash comes in.

Had to sell out all my stock to pay for school this year. That stunk....

Buying a par bulb with dimmer and clamp from angel soon, so that's new. Gonna go over my chi, of course.

Uhh should be getting Spock in ehhh a week or so maybe? Should be what two weeks shortly after the cycle started?

Ok end of life update. Continue on :) love you all! :3

So I came home to still water......well that sucks. Gonna test later not sure how it'll look. The feather dusters, pseudonems and pods were all fine. Got growth on my caulerpa too... So seems ok.

Seems like there was no bad side effects. Just tested and got zero for all my levels....yes that's right MY API TEST ACTUALLY SAID 0!!!! Woooootttt

I think there are diatoms in my sump..... I think they all got sucked up. My floss is still clean though. So it's weird.

Gotta get a heater for this tank though its resting at only 70 degrees...I like 74 minimum.

So to add a mantis now or not...here's my issues... I work Thursday through Sunday that I know of. Maybe possible beginning of next week as well idk yet my schedule hasn't been sent out... I could come home Friday night go back in for a night and come home again...assuming I don't work Monday.

I could order him tomorrow...email to make sure that they can send him out for delivery Wednesday... Thursday morning 1030 at latest. Gotta leave by 2 so couldn't watch him.... :/

I'm anxious to get going...but I want opinions. What would you do?'

Yup. She's a beautiful tortoiseshell :)

Ugh Spock didn't get sent out today... Getting shipped next Monday...whatever's...just means I have to take Tuesday off :/

Archived