Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Graveyard-Shiznit is hitting the fan!

jadedanime

Too expensive lol I was gonna get him a porcelain for Xmas....but he doesn't attack anything other than chopsticks lol

Idk I'm a pessimist.... It's terminal lol

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God no I wanted an evil monster...this is the graveyard not Woodstock lol

Hey.. even mantis need to be about love at some point...

Lol hippie mantis... Idk if he won't eat these hermits then idk why I should keep buying them...they eat themselves lol

Is spock still being shy? If you don't have corals in there I would turn down the lighting or just have ambient lighting for a few days and see if that gets him to come out (if you haven't tried already). Bane is a shallow water mantis but he still seems most comfortable before the lights come on and its just ambient... he is usually out causing mischief then.

Lol hippie mantis... Idk if he won't eat these hermits then idk why I should keep buying them...they eat themselves lol
Atleast your hermits don't hide themselves in holes in the rocks when your mantis is out on the prowl :D, does he still have that black spot? Hope everything is alright!

i

Atleast your hermits don't hide themselves in holes in the rocks when your mantis is out on the prowl :D, does he still have that black spot? Hope everything is alright!

Yup still got it... Looks a lil smaller... Maybe? Could be imagining it though...

Is spock still being shy? If you don't have corals in there I would turn down the lighting or just have ambient lighting for a few days and see if that gets him to come out (if you haven't tried already). Bane is a shallow water mantis but he still seems most comfortable before the lights come on and its just ambient... he is usually out causing mischief then.

He's started climbing around a few days ago :) I'm happy :D but he's rubbing on rocks and flipping and stuff...hope he's trying to molt.

Getting some algae growth in the tank :/ started feeding scallops the other day...maybe that's it?

Not sure, I know mantis can make water messsssy with their feeding needs. Plus they like to bury extra food. Little buggers!

Um... I have a heater? Also my room at college stays about 80 degrees f. Sooo what I really need is a chiller. But cannot afford one, so frozen ro it is.

A Mantis shrimp is an invert and inverts are sensitive to temperature changes. I would get a heater. Atleast keep the temp stable

Not sure, I know mantis can make water messsssy with their feeding needs. Plus they like to bury extra food. Little buggers!
Yea he keeps taking what I'm giving...and I don't see him burying, but I'm also pretty sure that he can't eat a half inch chunk of scallop in two seconds lol he's not a hedgehog

i Yup still got it... Looks a lil smaller... Maybe? Could be imagining it though... He's started climbing around a few days ago :) I'm happy :D but he's rubbing on rocks and flipping and stuff...hope he's trying to molt. Getting some algae growth in the tank :/ started feeding scallops the other day...maybe that's it?

Your mantis is doing the same as mine, flipping and what not. Maybe its true that they molt during full moons.

Islandoftiki

Mine never molt on any particular moon schedule, it's usually during a half moon or there about. The last time they molted, they molted about 4 days apart though, which is interesting in an of itself considering my G. Ternatensis only molts once every couple months usually. My peacock has been molting once a month; probably more frequently than normal because of the damaged raptorial appendage.

Moved back onto campus today. Was a pretty. Smooth transition I think. Brought up my ten gallon fresh tank too...that is in severe need of restocking ...only two guppies and a danio. My dad killed everybody else..... :/

Anywho. One more tank to bring up. Gotta find a desk or something for it though first...

One a happy note Spock is still out and about finding new places to explore and dig. He does the bat thing ...laying on his side or his back and clinging upside down...which is worrisome but..I think he is ok so far. He eats fine. Which I will hope means good things still. He tried to use the orange gorg as a door today...lol. And I think the hermits killed the purple gorg :( ill keep it in there but it's pretty pale with no polyp extension at all.

Moved back onto campus today. Was a pretty. Smooth transition I think. Brought up my ten gallon fresh tank too...that is in severe need of restocking ...only two guppies and a danio. My dad killed everybody else..... :/

Anywho. One more tank to bring up. Gotta find a desk or something for it though first...

One a happy note Spock is still out and about finding new places to explore and dig. He does the bat thing ...laying on his side or his back and clinging upside down...which is worrisome but..I think he is ok so far. He eats fine. Which I will hope means good things still. He tried to use the orange gorg as a door today...lol. And I think the hermits killed the purple gorg :( ill keep it in there but it's pretty pale with no polyp extension at all.

you got a bat hulk too!

Lol I guess....So the rocks came a crashing down today...while I was acclimating...my new talbot damsel! Lol I had to.... Everybody has a fish with theirs...and this way I can get past my ra easier...there's a fish...it's a fish tank...nothing illegal in here..no sir e doo.... It's a baby. Bout an inch or so maybe two. Ill post pics once it chills out and gets its normal color back. It's also hiding in the back behind the overflow lol

I'm also taking Star Trek themed names for this little guy..or gal... Preferably original since Spock is an original Trekkie.

I'm also taking Star Trek themed names for this little guy..or gal... Preferably original since Spock is an original Trekkie.

Bones or Khan ;)

Archived