Top Shelf Aquatics

The Graveyard-Shiznit is hitting the fan!

jadedanime

I've been trying to get a view of his meral spots..but not luck so far. They don't seem very pronounced.

The hermits are eating each other...not sure if I should just dump them all in my tank and let them have a free for all...or if Spock will just ignore them.....

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking at that pic of Spock, and near the bottom of his back there is black, is that shell rot or black substrate or something?

I'm hoping not shell rot. It's just a thin stripe. I'm hoping with food and low light and good water he recovers. :/ Yea he ate something last night my dad said..I think a cerith I had in there during the cycle...

I'm trying to over feed in order to get a molt faster

Snow_Phoenix

I'm hoping not shell rot. It's just a thin stripe. I'm hoping with food and low light and good water he recovers. :/ Yea he ate something last night my dad said..I think a cerith I had in there during the cycle...

I'm trying to over feed in order to get a molt faster

Good to know he has a healthy appetite! :P

Yea I guess....just hope he doesn't have shell rot cuz then ill cry.. I didn't notice it until today with all the excitement...

Nobody knows what causes it....but we know that some can recover with good water...low light and good food.....but not all do. It's a mystery of life.

Not like I can drop some meds in there and call it done.

A fellow Cleveland reefer with a Pico! Im impressed with the relatively low budget tank! I love the scape of the tank. I hope the mantis does well. I'll be following along!

Soak is food in Selcon as well. I thought this species was a shallow-water type?

Whatever you do, DON'T add iodine.

Then I hope Spock doesn't have shell rot. :(
Soak is food in Selcon as well. I thought this species was a shallow-water type?

Thanks guys...and don't worry I won't. I plan to just do feed a ton until he stops. I didn't know to to bother him until now...I had been asking him to poke out so I could see him...stopping that. But he didn't seem injured or annoyed at it. Just like heyyyy I'm sleeping.

A fellow Cleveland reefer with a Pico! Im impressed with the relatively low budget tank! I love the scape of the tank. I hope the mantis does well. I'll be following along!

Yup over at Lake Erie college. Join the reefing club yet? I have to before the frag swap ;) I need me some cheap stuff!!! I'm watching out for maxi minis.... Lemme know if you see any ;)

is iodide and iodine the same thing lol?

btw i hope that isnt shell rot, guy looks awesome, hope both of are mantises are ok!

He's an osterdeii I think.i saw purple in his meral spots.

He hasn't molted yet. Hope he starts smashing tonight.

is iodide and iodine the same thing lol?

btw i hope that isnt shell rot, guy looks awesome, hope both of are mantises are ok!

Not the same but similar, don't any any form. Forcing them to mold prematurity with iodide/ine can kill them.

Well my salt(salinity) has iodide in it.. Should I change the salt?

Not the same but similar, don't any any form. Forcing them to mold prematurity with iodide/ine can kill them.

Islandoftiki

No, that should be okay. The problem occurs when people start dosing extra. High concentrations forces the mantis to molt before they are ready and end up with a bad molt.

^ This. Sea water naturally contains some iodine. It's necessary, but the amount of iodine in your tank should not be supplemented with additional additives, only what comes already in your salt mix.

Spock decided to hoard hermits today. Lol I think he took three into his den....and he hasn't smashed any of them. Hippie mantis. Lol

Angel<3Nanos
Spock decided to hoard hermits today. Lol I think he took three into his den....and he hasn't smashed any of them. Hippie mantis. Lol

Lmao I can already picture him smoking hookah with the hermits like "yeah man check out my crib!.... oh you like these? They are for smashing stuff, pretty cool huh?"

Haha xD

Oh my imagination :happydance:

Archived