SaltCritters.com

The Graveyard-Shiznit is hitting the fan!

jadedanime

Following along! I'm new to mantis world and its nice to see others ideas. I like the coral skeletons! Right now I'm too scared to put a light over my mantis tank as I think peacocks are the most prone to shell rot?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you ever look back on your old posts and go wtf was I trying to say? Lol my grammar would make my english teacher weep..

Come on Tuesday!

Yea peacocks are. I'm getting a wennerae so I don't have to worry about that issue lol

Good plan. My hubby was very stern about wanting a peacock if I could find one. "It's bigger, it's brighter, it kills things". :rolleyes:

So do wennerae and false peacocks lol I love havanensis I just don't want the shell rot concern. I hope to get a bright green and blue wennerae instead. :)

Oh spouses and their opinions lol my boyfriend hates my tanks...calls them my money pits. I'm a prevet bio/chem student what do you expect me to be attracted to for a hobby? Lol

So do wennerae and false peacocks lol I love havanensis I just don't want the shell rot concern. I hope to get a bright green and blue wennerae instead. :) Oh spouses and their opinions lol my boyfriend hates my tanks...calls them my money pits. I'm a prevet bio/chem student what do you expect me to be attracted to for a hobby? Lol

My hubby is only now starting to get interested (as long as he doesn't have to lift a finger) but only in certain fish and corals. Right now he only likes mandarins, black ice clowns, flame angels, peacock mantis shrimps, and neon corals with the "blue light on only". I've been slowly selling my fish and getting ones he likes hoping to somehow trick him into liking fish tanks.

I showed him a candy basslet (didn't show price) and asked him if I should get one and he was like "meh not that great". Soooo picky. Of course I wasn't going to get one but wanted to see if he liked it without a price bias.

Angel<3Nanos

My wife also hates my tank.... :(

Good thing I have a daughter that supports me and we outnumber her haha

Angel<3Nanos

Lol my family loves fish just my wife is the only one who doesn't like them. But yhat has to do with her fear over the ocean. Totally get it. But she's slowly starting to like (even if she doesn't admit it) my tank :)

Angel<3Nanos
Ahh gotcha. I'm afraid of the ocean...but only during jelly season.... Two day coma... Not fun.

:o oh gawd!

Yeaaaa.... I had to take a bath in 20 gallons of vinegar.... I don't like to eat anything that you can smell the vinegar in....except ketchup.

Angel<3Nanos
Yeaaaa.... I had to take a bath in 20 gallons of vinegar.... I don't like to eat anything that you can smell the vinegar in....except ketchup.

Vinegar bath? Daaaaaaaaaamn!

I was six... And the front desk guy at the hotel said my mom should pee on me... I started to scream... So he said vinegar works too... Scarring incident.

Angel<3Nanos
I was six... And the front desk guy at the hotel said my mom should pee on me... I started to scream... So he said vinegar works too... Scarring incident.

Awwww you were six!? Poor little jade.

And shoot! I would be scarred too!!

Lol yeaaaa... Was at Hilton head with my family. i Was boogie boarding... Got stung on my upper arm and my upper thigh.... have a scar on my thigh from it. i was dizzy... barely got back to My family. collapsed. my brother carried me. my dumb sister in law washed it with fresh water.... thats a big no no apparently. Supposed to rub sand into it and then do a vinegar soak. I'm pretty much terrified of that entire region now. Ugh. Lol see people who keep jellies? Can't even get near the tank.

Angel<3Nanos
Lol yeaaaa... Was at Hilton head with my family. i Was boogie boarding... Got stung on my upper arm and my upper thigh.... have a scar on my thigh from it. i was dizzy... barely got back to My family. collapsed. my brother carried me. my dumb sister in law washed it with fresh water.... thats a big no no apparently. Supposed to rub sand into it and then do a vinegar soak. I'm pretty much terrified of that entire region now. Ugh. Lol see people who keep jellies? Can't even get near the tank.

Oh my. I now see the beach in a whole other perspective. Lol

And also, I love boogie boarding! :)

fretfreak13

Wow thats crazy, Liz. o.O I didn't pick up a cringe when I was talking about setting up the iTank for moons. Do you know what species it was that knocked you out like that?

I've been stung too, but not THAT bad. Do you have scars?

Yup got scars... If I wear short shorts you can see the one on my leg. It's tiny.

Yeaaaa I don't know. Whatever species moves through Hilton head in spring. They were clear with brown tips on their tentacles.

Archived