Pod Your Reef

The Graveyard-Shiznit is hitting the fan!

jadedanime

Angel<3Nanos

ok i half way read some of the comments since i know nothing of mantis shrimps lol

But i will be following along!!

yay for jade! :D

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....I tried to get the tank today, but my local petco is nothing more than a hole in the wall. So I should be getting it either tomorrow if the Cleveland petco has it, or Monday, when ill have to travel all the way to wadsworth. Which is annoying, and I hope they do have one left by then.

Then from there, I have to find some base rock I tucked away, idk if I even have it still. Buy a few more lbs, break a pound for rubble, scape and add a piece of live rock from my system. Let it cycle for a month or so. Then i will switch over my caulerpa and a tidbit of dragons breathe. Then my orange gorilla nipples will go in. And then fun things like frogspawn, a maxi mini, and the mantis. :)

Lol exactly. So probably a maxi... Just cuz I like them. But I know a place with good flower nems. ;)

Where might that be? :0 (I'm addicted)

Duh duh duh daaaa!!!! Look at that cat hair attach to that acrylic! Lol. Also a lovely photo of my mentally challenged kitten :)

post-77492-0-69305600-1371858553_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-05363500-1371858668_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-72595500-1371858687_thumb.jpg

post-77492-0-35995400-1371858915_thumb.jpg

Debating sand choices.....black sand looks cool, but I hear its high in silica and harmful...plus like white cat hair on a black shirt.....

White sand is...boring....

Anybody have any opinions? What about pink? Not fluorescent, that pink aragonite stuff... ?

fretfreak13

I used black on the six and the only reason I didn't like it was because if a small piece of LR broke off it was like HI I'M HERE LOOK AT ME!!! And..there were a lot of them.

However, I'm doing dwarf ponies soon and will be using black yet again because you can see the babies easier. I like the fiji pink. =)

Hmm maybe ill do black then. I'm going to Walmart soon so I will see if they carry anything remotely like that. If not I can always order off marine depot. I have a 10% off coupon. ;)

I also need base rock....

fretfreak13

I wouldn't get it from wall mart. Get black sand thats actually supposed to be used for saltwater tanks. I'm sure the colored sands at wall mart are the ones people are having silicate problems with.

If you do wind up getting black sand let me know. You probably wont use the whole bag and I'll buy some off of you.

Angel<3Nanos

that pink aragonite looks awesome too! lol

And remember to use that clamp and hose thing i told you about to avoid the leak problem :)

Okie dokie. I plan to go to petco/petsmart tomorrow, so I will let you know what I get. :) And it's ok if I get sand and then add the base rock right? I have to find some, really should have bought some last time I was at the LFS...

that pink aragonite looks awesome too! lol And remember to use that clamp and hose thing i told you about to avoid the leak problem :)
Saw what you meant....does it just flow too much into the ridge so it overflows?
fretfreak13

Yeah, order doesn't really matter biology-wise. However, if you have water in and THEN you put sand/rock in, expect some displacement.

Angel<3Nanos

Saw what you meant....does it just flow too much into the ridge so it overflows?

yeah it does, on the tray i told you about, do you see those 2 big holes one the sides? looks like squares. Water goes through there once its overflowed, and it drops underneath the drawer causing water to leak outside the tank.

ugh idk if you understood what i said, not very good with explanations lol

fretfreak13

yeah it does, on the tray i told you about, do you see those 2 big holes one the sides? looks like squares. Water goes through there once its overflowed, and it drops underneath the drawer causing water to leak outside the tank.

ugh idk if you understood what i said, not very good with explanations lol

What a horrible design. O_O

Angel<3Nanos

What a horrible design. O_O

Lol the overflow system is. But removing the tray and adding a hose with a clamp is the fix. Pretty easy. Lol

Ok...maybe I think I get it. Ok so how did you run your hose? Where did you drop it? I also seem to be having trouble finding correctly sized hosing....ugh.

Can you take a pic of your mod please? :)

Angel<3Nanos

Ok...maybe I think I get it. Ok so how did you run your hose? Where did you drop it? I also seem to be having trouble finding correctly sized hosing....ugh. Can you take a pic of your mod please? :)

Yeah ill take pics in a bit, I can mail you the hose and clamp if you want. Just pm me.

Archived