Top Shelf Aquatics

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

I suspect any fish picking on Rebecca has picked the worst possible fish to pick on :D

Good luck with the goby!

Yeah, she's barking up the wrong tree LOL. Now my focus is on catching her and not the neon goby! Ugh. I hate when I need to get a fish out of my tank...it's the worst.

gena, good luck trapping fishie!

and wow on adding yourself to actors calling list!

did you mean you aren't staying in LA then? :(

i hope you get lots of calls!!

Thanks! I need all the luck I can get!

We plan to move out of California in a few years, after my son graduates from High School :).

Today the neon goby went the furthest into the trap yet! But I knew she was going to shoot right out so I didn't pull the trap door. I want her to get really comfortable with the trap so I'm positive I will get her when I try! Shouldn't take too much longer.

As far as getting the cardinal fish out, I think I'm going to try the barbless hook trick. I'll make sure she's good and hungry before I bait a hook.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have seen me trying to get my red brittle starfish out of the back pump chamber :( I couldn't even think about using a trap because I was afraid to start the pump with her sitting wrapped around it!

You should have seen me trying to get my red brittle starfish out of the back pump chamber :( I couldn't even think about using a trap because I was afraid to start the pump with her sitting wrapped around it!

Yikes! Did you get it?

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/genae1971032/IMG_3320_zpsdf6b9568.jpg.html'>IMG_3320_zpsdf6b9568.jpg

She's in the 8g now.

One punk down, one to go :D.

Yikes! Did you get it?

IMG_3320_zpsdf6b9568.jpg

She's in the 8g now.

Punk :lol: thought of you today we got 5 inches of snow last night :).

Yikes! Did you get it?

IMG_3320_zpsdf6b9568.jpg

She's in the 8g now.

Yes!!! There's a new sheriff in town!

And yes! I got my red brittle back out, but only after a misadventure involving tongs and half a leg breaking off. She seems OK now, though :)

Hooray!! Glad you caught her and now I hope she behaves!!

She looks pretty cute in the 8g tank. I feel kinda bad breaking up the happy couple...her mate is still in this tank. I hope he can forget about her quickly :unsure:.

She looks pretty cute in the 8g tank. I feel kinda bad breaking up the happy couple...her mate is still in this tank. I hope he can forget about her quickly :unsure:.

OH... Oh... :(

OH... Oh... :(

I know :(. He was looking for her today too :(. I know this because he's NEVER out during the day and he was out...I felt guilty. He should get over her quickly though...he is a fish after all LOL.

I know :(. He was looking for her today too :(. I know this because he's NEVER out during the day and he was out...I felt guilty. He should get over her quickly though...he is a fish after all LOL.

i hope he does okay. maybe he needs another fishie distraction?

you never know, critters get attached, even fishies!

We plan to move out of California in a few years, after my son graduates from High School :).

For the love of all that is warm, don't do it! Lol. I regret moving from San Diego to Pittsburgh all the time. This is pretty much my life now:

post-80764-0-28690200-1420645967_thumb.jpg

Are you going to replace the cardinal with something else?

I know you mentioned this before, but where are you heading?? We were thinking Boulder, Colorado or Prescott, Arizona before. It recently changed to Portland, Oregon. Colorado is still too cold in winter and Arizona too hot in summer and too much bugs.

Sorry I missed it but what were the punks doing to be eradicated Gena??

I ask especially of the neon cleaner goby because I just picked one up yesterday and it will be impossible to get out of my tank..... I can't even see it in there as it is anyways lol

You monster!! :)

For the love of all that is warm, don't do it! Lol. I regret moving from San Diego to Pittsburgh all the time. This is pretty much my life now:

Hey, I live near Pittsburgh, it's not that bad...well except for days like today...and yesterday...and the day before that. Ok, yes, it's been pretty crappy lately and my face freezes too. I stay in near the fireplace on weeks like this.

Are you going to replace the cardinal with something else?

I know you mentioned this before, but where are you heading?? We were thinking Boulder, Colorado or Prescott, Arizona before. It recently changed to Portland, Oregon. Colorado is still too cold in winter and Arizona too hot in summer and too much bugs.

Nah...I promised myself I wouldn't :D. BUT....if I do, it'd be more gobies. I just really love the little guys the best :). I'd get a few more masked gobies.

As far as where to move to, for sure it will be east :). My husband is in the entertainment field and needs a big market. And me with my acting career will need a big city too ;). We're leaning toward NYC pretty heavily.

Don't tell Evan...he might be upset to hear that :D.

Portland is wonderful, from all that I hear. I just want to be closer to family, hence moving east. We're all getting older and family is so important to me. I miss everyone so much :(.

Sorry I missed it but what were the punks doing to be eradicated Gena??

I ask especially of the neon cleaner goby because I just picked one up yesterday and it will be impossible to get out of my tank..... I can't even see it in there as it is anyways lol

Punks :lol:. That was the word of the day yesterday, huh? LOL.

Well, the neon goby wouldn't leave my squamosa clam alone. She kept picking on it and it wouldn't open fully as a result. Eventually she would have killed it. Otherwise, she's a great little fish. Apparently neon goby clam picking has been documented before so this isn't an isolated incident! The male neon goby hasn't messed with the clams so far fingerscrossed.

The cardinal started chasing Rebecca the leopard wrasse relentlessly. After she dropped those eggs she became aggressive toward Rebecca. But only Rebecca. I think it's because the wrasse ate the eggs :o.

So to catch the cardinal it took 4 fish nets of varying sizes, 3 turkey basters, a feeding tong, and bone cutters to trim the monticap. Luckily cardinals are spooked easily. I was able to chase her into a corner and scoop her out of the tank. I just needed all these pieces of equipment to scare her out from the monticap. Thank goodness she couldn't fit in any holes under there!

Here's how the tank looks now with the super trim on the monticap.

IMG_9266_zpsaac7d75e.jpg

It's soooooo nice to have a peaceful tank again :happy:.

Archived