SaltCritters.com

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

This thread is lacking updates since you went Hollywood on us :).

I think this is my midlife crisis LOL. Seriously :blush:.

Wow- that's some intense make up! Congrats on the jobs! Sounds super fun!

Thanks, Sk8!!!!!! It's even more fun than I thought it would be :).

Congrats on getting work so quickly! So much fun... And great makeup!

Thanks!!!! I'm very fortunate to get these jobs because there is a TON of competition.

It was fun sitting in the makeup chair and having it done :).

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is my midlife crisis LOL. Seriously :blush:. Thanks, Sk8!!!!!! It's even more fun than I thought it would be :).Thanks!!!! I'm very fortunate to get these jobs because there is a TON of competition.It was fun sitting in the makeup chair and having it done :).
Hey long as you're having fun. Curious is the pay hourly or a day rate? Seems like a awesome way to get into the door.

Hey long as you're having fun. Curious is the pay hourly or a day rate? Seems like a awesome way to get into the door.

It's hourly. I'd do it for free :D. We get overtime and penalties (extra pay) if they don't feed us lunch within 6 hours of starting the job. Plus I got paid extra for having to wear their makeup. They pay extra if you get wet, if you bring your own props, and some other things that I can't remember. Oh...if they need me to bring my dog, I get paid extra :).

You know what...I take that back. It's a day rate. But anything over 8 hours is overtime and they pay us for that! So if I only work 2 hours...I still get paid for 8.

Doesn't sound like a bad gig plus you're still making money at home :).

Yep, exactly :). It's interesting talking with the other actors. Most of them, this is their only income, and they are struggling. Makes me really appreciate how fortunate I am.

have you met any famous celebrities???

I've seen them :). I spoke to Ken Jeong. He held the door for me and I said thank you LOL. He nodded and smiled.

I exchanged pleasantries with Joel McHale. We passed each other off set. I was coming back from the bathroom LOL.

So, just the actors from the two shows I've been on so far. I really hope I can be in a Will Ferrell movie!!!!!!

We can all say we knew you before you were famous :lol: Awesome that you already got to be in some shows! That's some crazy make up. I have weird combination skin that would probably revolt if it had film-level makeup applied (guessing it's more than a day-to-day amount).

Omg I am sooo behind! First off, hi Gena!!! I've missed you. Sorry for being insanely MIA. I'm such a bad NR friend. I'm going to try to be on a bit more again though.

Love the newest photos. Tank looks beautiful as usual. Just much more grown in since the last time I saw it. Its really looking so mature and natural. Love it! Sorry to hear about the rogue fish, but I love the ones you have now. I missed that you'd gotten a leopard wrasse. That is an absolutely gorgeous one! I am so jealous!

Congrats on the acting jobs. Too cool! That makeup is insane. I bet you are loving that!

Thanks everyone :flower:.

Omg I am sooo behind! First off, hi Gena!!! I've missed you. Sorry for being insanely MIA. I'm such a bad NR friend. I'm going to try to be on a bit more again though.

Love the newest photos. Tank looks beautiful as usual. Just much more grown in since the last time I saw it. Its really looking so mature and natural. Love it! Sorry to hear about the rogue fish, but I love the ones you have now. I missed that you'd gotten a leopard wrasse. That is an absolutely gorgeous one! I am so jealous!

Congrats on the acting jobs. Too cool! That makeup is insane. I bet you are loving that!

Hi Felica!!!!! Nice to see you here again :happy:. Feels like it's been months since you last posted..and I think it actually has been :lol:. You've been missed!

Thank you...I'm not adding anything more to the tank so I won't have many updates, plus I'll be more busy :). But I'll still check in on things here. I don't want to fall too far behind on everyone's progress!!!!!

I saw your gorgeous dive photos on FB :wub:.

Thanks everyone :flower:.

Hi Felica!!!!! Nice to see you here again :happy:. Feels like it's been months since you last posted..and I think it actually has been :lol:. You've been missed!

Thank you...I'm not adding anything more to the tank so I won't have many updates, plus I'll be more busy :). But I'll still check in on things here. I don't want to fall too far behind on everyone's progress!!!!!

I saw your gorgeous dive photos on FB :wub:.

It really has been. Goodness! I'm such a slacker. At least I was on Facebook sporadically since I don't get quite as sucked into Facebook as I do to NR. I was in your boat where I had no updates, the tank was just running on autopilot. Not a bad place to be, but I have to say I'm way more inspired to post when I'm changing things, adding things, or doing an upgrade.

Thanks! The dive photos came out great this time because we had amazing visibility.

It really has been. Goodness! I'm such a slacker. At least I was on Facebook sporadically since I don't get quite as sucked into Facebook as I do to NR. I was in your boat where I had no updates, the tank was just running on autopilot. Not a bad place to be, but I have to say I'm way more inspired to post when I'm changing things, adding things, or doing an upgrade.

Thanks! The dive photos came out great this time because we had amazing visibility.

And I'm bad about keeping up with FB LOL. Yeah, autopilot for sure. I'm certainly not bored with my tank, but I'm bored with posting updates here because there's absolutely nothing new LOL. Definitely not a bad place to be though :). Better than a crash post or something (knock on wood). I actually have had less time with my tank because of work. Tuesday, I didn't feed my fish at all :blush:. Thursday they had one meal instead of 2 or 3 :blush:. That may end up biting me in the behind down the road. Less nutrients going in and all.

The fish will be fine...I skip more meals than that when I get busy. This is why I'm going to add food dosing to my new 4 channel doser! Less work for me when I don't get home from work until 8 or 9 pm.

It's been a while since I've been on NR, glad to see you're still going strong! Your tanks have always been a source of inspiration for my own, so thanks for that! :D

And I'm bad about keeping up with FB LOL. Yeah, autopilot for sure. I'm certainly not bored with my tank, but I'm bored with posting updates here because there's absolutely nothing new LOL. Definitely not a bad place to be though :). Better than a crash post or something (knock on wood). I actually have had less time with my tank because of work. Tuesday, I didn't feed my fish at all :blush:. Thursday they had one meal instead of 2 or 3 :blush:. That may end up biting me in the behind down the road. Less nutrients going in and all.
Calling FPS on you :).

Its ok as long as she doesn't start making them go collect their own gorg whip for beatings... If shes lucky and says it was for punishment and not recreational enjoyment they will probably let that slide too tho. Famous people can get away with that kinda stuff.

What fun! so excited you were called so fast and mostly that you're having a blast! You look awesome.

Thanks, Annette!!!!! It's a blast. Never loved a job before as much as this :D.

The fish will be fine...I skip more meals than that when I get busy. This is why I'm going to add food dosing to my new 4 channel doser! Less work for me when I don't get home from work until 8 or 9 pm.

Yeah, I know. I'm mostly concerned with Bogart though. I need to buy more pods.

It's been a while since I've been on NR, glad to see you're still going strong! Your tanks have always been a source of inspiration for my own, so thanks for that! :D

Hi, Matt!!!!! Welcome back :). Thank you for such a nice compliment :flower:.

Soooo when Gena is making millions in Hollywood, she's going to fly us out there and buy us some drinks, right??

pressure omgomgomg

I'll do my best :)

free monti caps for everyone!

:D

Its ok as long as she doesn't start making them go collect their own gorg whip for beatings... If shes lucky and says it was for punishment and not recreational enjoyment they will probably let that slide too tho. Famous people can get away with that kinda stuff.

I had to think about this for a second LOL. Fish Protective Services??? :lol: Guilty :blush:

waaaaaat

you were on Community?! I love that show! What episode?

Yep :). Not sure what episode number, but it's season 6. Hasn't aired yet. I played an angry teacher LOL. There were angry students and angry teachers protesting and trying to get through a door. Not sure if you'll even be able to see me....hopefully so :).

Hi hollywood!

Hi, BA :flower:

Love, Holly Wood

:lol:

So yesterday I got my first paycheck omgomgomg. First real check in 15 years omgomgomg. What a great feeling. Can't wait to get more.

Archived