• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the thing i love most about the wrasse

is that she looks likes she's got a Kissy Face all

the time. :D

and WOW on your great gift exchange and goodies

with LAWNMAN!!!!

She definitely has a pronounced mouth :). Yeah, Lawn is awesome. I had fun exchanging with him!

ALMOST a perfect money shot...darn it LOL.

IMG_9221_zps96d302db.jpg

IMG_9213_zpsaabde856.jpg

IMG_9220_zpsb71ad542.jpg

IMG_9199_zpsf1560c8c.jpg

IMG_9206_zps5cfc8c48.jpg

IMG_9207_zps99fb850b.jpg

An observation...since adding Rebecca to the tank, all the fish seem more comfortable about swimming out front! Especially Pinky the wrasse. He's out even more now :happydance:.

jedimasterben

ALMOST a perfect money shot...darn it LOL.

IMG_9221_zps96d302db.jpg

The issue is your camera settings :) From the file's metadata, the exposure was f5.6 but your shutter speed was 1/30 - needs to be minimum 1/125 for something that's moving. Give that a shot and get us that perfect photo :)

The issue is your camera settings :) From the file's metadata, the exposure was f5.6 but your shutter speed was 1/30 - needs to be minimum 1/125 for something that's moving. Give that a shot and get us that perfect photo :)

bump up ISO or get new faster lens =)

jedimasterben

Beautiful pictures! It's interesting that since adding Rebecca all the fish are less shy. I wonder why?

Some fish are 'dither fish', basically they're all colorful and flashy and out in the open and are the ones that would probably be eaten first, so other fish feel more comfortable with them around :lol:

That makes sense - I never thought of it that way. People are like that too. Once that one flashy couple gets on the dance floor, everybody else knows it's safe to follow :)

naw, get a 1000w halide to hang above the tank... problems solved

Wait, what? LOL

I'll try to play with the camera settings when I get a chance..thanks for the tips!!!!!!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already omgomgomg. So exciting!!!!!!

mm_zps62feaa3b.png

Wait, what? LOL

I'll try to play with the camera settings when I get a chance..thanks for the tips!!!!!!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already omgomgomg. So exciting!!!!!!

mm_zps62feaa3b.png

my sarcasm to my reluctance to bump iso lol... MORE LIGHT!

i think the thing i love most about the wrasseis that she looks likes she's got a Kissy Face allthe time. :D and WOW on your great gift exchange and goodieswith LAWNMAN!!!!
Nah Gena is a awesome gift giver. She introduced me to the Flipper :wub: she got me a awesome card and ALL kinds of goodies from a T shirt to food and candie.

Wait, what? LOL I'll try to play with the camera settings when I get a chance..thanks for the tips!!!!!!! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!! I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already omgomgomg. So exciting!!!!!! http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/genae1971025/mm_zps62feaa3b.png.html'>mm_zps62feaa3b.png
Merry Christmas Gena :) whats happening at your house today? I am looking forward to the 24 hour Christmas Story marathon on TNT and TBS tonight starting at 8 pm :)

my sarcasm to my reluctance to bump iso lol... MORE LIGHT!

Oh :lol:. I thought maybe you meant fry the tank so you don't have to worry about taking anymore photos cuz there'd be nothing left to take photos of LOL.

Nah Gena is a awesome gift giver. She introduced me to the Flipper :wub: she got me a awesome card and ALL kinds of goodies from a T shirt to food and candie.

Merry Christmas Gena :) whats happening at your house today? I am looking forward to the 24 hour Christmas Story marathon on TNT and TBS tonight starting at 8 pm :)

Oh Lawn :flower:. Can't wait to do this again next year :).

Merry Christmas!!!!!! Just chillaxin...believe it or not! Although I did brave going to the grocery store...holy cow...NEVER seen that parking lot sooo full LOL. We watched A Christmas Story last night :wub:. I'll watch it again when it's running all day tomorrow....LOVE that movie!!!! I got it last year on blu-ray, for Christmas :).

Happy holidays to you and your family as well, Gena! :wizard: 2014 has flown by.

It sure has flown by!!!! Gets faster every year. Merry Christmas :flower:.

Thank you Gena and to you as well!

Merry Christmas, Annette!!!!! I hope you get snowed in on your break :happydance:. Do you have lots of Polish food on the menu tonight? I got lazy this year and haven't made a thing. In fact, I made a last minute trip to the grocery store today and picked up some frozen pierogies LOL. I'm the only one here that likes them, sadly. Gotta have them for Christmas Eve though even if I don't make them myself :). Oh...how about that infused vodka you told us about? Have a wonderful night and day tomorrow :flower:.

Oh :lol:. I thought maybe you meant fry the tank so you don't have to worry about taking anymore photos cuz there'd be nothing left to take photos of LOL.

LOL

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!! This is my favorite time of year. Not just for getting "stuff" but everyone is in a better mood it seems...for the most part LOL. We had a wonderful day yesterday just chilling. Watched a bunch of movies. Ate a bunch of food :lol:. My plan is to watch a ton of movies during this break. I don't want to do much, just relax and spend time as a family which we never get to do with work and school.

We have some new movies to watch....Aliens 1 and 2, The Lion King, The Breakfast Club (I've been having fun introducing my son to 80s movies..he loves them). And we're going to hit Netflix like there's no tomorrow LOL.

I was spoiled this Christmas :wub:. Got a new purse, perfume, lotion, makeup, jammies, books, calendar, watch, a new wool coat. Plus CASH :D. And some magazine subscriptions. I think that's everything :).

IMG_0454_zps14dd6a68.jpg

I am soooo hammed out. Gonna eat salads for the next few days LOL.

Oh and the reefs are doing great :). Today is water change day.

I have a quick question - does your pink streaked wrasse eat pellets or only frozen? Just curious.

I got a PSW after seeing Gena's :D Mine eats everything I've offered so far- staples are flakes and frozen mysis or brine, but I imagine he'd eat anything.

I have a quick question - does your pink streaked wrasse eat pellets or only frozen? Just curious.

If it fits, he eats it :). Not picky at all. Mine eats pellets, freeze dried phyto, live blackworms, frozen mysis, frozen cyclopeeze. The only thing I haven't tried is flake but I don't see him refusing that either :). Mine's Porky the Pig LOL.

Darn neon goby punk found my squammie clam again :(. I almost netted her today. I think it will be easier to get her since she's farther from her monticap escape. I guess I'll just keep trying to get her or else get rid of the clam :(.

Seems like a great fish :wub:

If it fits, he eats it :). Not picky at all. Mine eats pellets, freeze dried phyto, live blackworms, frozen mysis, frozen cyclopeeze. The only thing I haven't tried is flake but I don't see him refusing that either :). Mine's Porky the Pig LOL.

Darn neon goby punk found my squammie clam again :(. I almost netted her today. I think it will be easier to get her since she's farther from her monticap escape. I guess I'll just keep trying to get her or else get rid of the clam :(.

Hey,

Check out another Zoa ID on my thread!

Aww, love the little neon gobies, but that sucks she's being such a stinker with the clam. Is she only targeting the one?

Seems like a great fish :wub:

Hey,

Check out another Zoa ID on my thread!

It is :wub:

I'll check it out but I'm not the best zoa ID'er LOL.

Aww, love the little neon gobies, but that sucks she's being such a stinker with the clam. Is she only targeting the one?

The male is great! He doesn't mess with anything. But the female is driving me insane omgomgomg. I'll never get another after this experience. She's perfect otherwise but I love clams more :D.

Ok...I've made my decision. I'm selling the clam :tears:. IF I can sell the clam without just giving it away for pennies. In the meantime I'll still try to keep catching her. But the clam really is getting huge for my tank. It's 6-7" now omgomgomg.

I listed on Craigslist for $125. Any locals here want it? I don't want to ship it.

IMG_9229_zpsda68b7ed.jpg

The only spot I have for her is in the corner and I really think she needs more light anyways. It's definitely time to sell her. I'm trying to make myself feel better about this decision LOL. At least I still have my gold one until ms. goby pants starts in on that one :angry:. So far she's leaving it alone. I saw her on it one time so there's a chance when the big one goes she'll mess with that one...grrrr. Even if I have to get rid of both clams, I WILL have one again. I love them. But I won't have a neon goby again :).

It is :wub:

I'll check it out but I'm not the best zoa ID'er LOL.

The male is great! He doesn't mess with anything. But the female is driving me insane omgomgomg. I'll never get another after this experience. She's perfect otherwise but I love clams more :D.

Ok...I've made my decision. I'm selling the clam :tears:. IF I can sell the clam without just giving it away for pennies. In the meantime I'll still try to keep catching her. But the clam really is getting huge for my tank. It's 6-7" now omgomgomg.

I listed on Craigslist for $125. Any locals here want it? I don't want to ship it.

IMG_9229_zpsda68b7ed.jpg

The only spot I have for her is in the corner and I really think she needs more light anyways. It's definitely time to sell her. I'm trying to make myself feel better about this decision LOL. At least I still have my gold one until ms. goby pants starts in on that one :angry:. So far she's leaving it alone. I saw her on it one time so there's a chance when the big one goes she'll mess with that one...grrrr. Even if I have to get rid of both clams, I WILL have one again. I love them. But I won't have a neon goby again :).

Hard to hit "like" on this bc it's so sad :( hope you can find a local buyer for the clam; it's a beauty!

Been meaning to ask--do you have rusty and masked gobies from KPA in this tank? Too lazy to go search back through the thread :lol: I'm considering little gobies for my IM 10 and the masked gobies sure look cute.

Archived