inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

One of these?

How-to-Make-a-Fish-Trap-for-Catfish1.jpg

I like that one! :lol:

Ok....it's a blue star leopard wrasse :). She's very active. Hasn't gone into hiding at all. Took me 2 hours and 10min to acclimate her to the tank because her salinity in the bag was pretty low. She's just cruising all over the place. No fights at all. Everyone is curious. I noticed the green banded gobies aren't out as much now but I'm sure they'll get more comfortable with her over time. The pink streaked wrasse is ok with the new addition too. And the cardinal, which I was most concerned about, is afraid of her LOL. So looks like she will be a perfect addition to the tank.

They said she's eating prepared foods. I'll be feeding the tank in about an hour so we'll see how she does :). Here she is :wub:.

IMG_8962_zps81bb03b1.jpg

IMG_8952_zps502ebbb2.jpg

IMG_8948_zpsf6f2237c.jpg

IMG_8955_zpse163cc68.jpg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She EATS!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

She has a big appetite for mysis shrimp :D. She turned her nose up at live blackworms :lol:. Looks like I picked a winner!!!!!!!

I don't have a name for her yet :). She's definitely a she though.

I'm so glad I made an impulse purchase today :D.

Beautiful Blue Star Leopard :wub: From what I can see her mouth looks like it is in great shape which is HUGE in her initial survival!

I remembered you telling Felicia about the mouth thing. At the store, I looked carefully at the mouth and it looked perfect to me. Though I don't really know what I'm looking for :lol:.

I like that one! :lol:

Ok....it's a blue star leopard wrasse :). She's very active. Hasn't gone into hiding at all. Took me 2 hours and 10min to acclimate her to the tank because her salinity in the bag was pretty low. She's just cruising all over the place. No fights at all. Everyone is curious. I noticed the green banded gobies aren't out as much now but I'm sure they'll get more comfortable with her over time. The pink streaked wrasse is ok with the new addition too. And the cardinal, which I was most concerned about, is afraid of her LOL. So looks like she will be a perfect addition to the tank.

They said she's eating prepared foods. I'll be feeding the tank in about an hour so we'll see how she does :). Here she is :wub:.

She's beautiful! You can send the GBG's to me if they don't like her :)

She EATS!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

She has a big appetite for mysis shrimp :D. She turned her nose up at live blackworms :lol:. Looks like I picked a winner!!!!!!!

That is a very good sign! Have you seen her pecking around at the rock/sand/glass as well? They are frequent hunters ;)

I'm so glad I made an impulse purchase today :D.

Impulse buys can be alot of fun when they work out good! I woulda bought her too without thinking about it lol

I remembered you telling Felicia about the mouth thing. At the store, I looked carefully at the mouth and it looked perfect to me. Though I don't really know what I'm looking for :lol:.

You would basically be looking for any damage to the mouth area.... broken tooth, smashed, or even bruised/ red around the mouth.... from what I can see she has nice proper shape. I can't really see her teeth but if she is eating good I wouldn't be to concerned really.

She's beautiful! You can send the GBG's to me if they don't like her :)

LOL....they are already coming out more :).

IMG_8961_zpsb0a5f72b.jpg

Everyone seems to be perfectly comfortable with her now :happy:.

That is a very good sign! Have you seen her pecking around at the rock/sand/glass as well? They are frequent hunters ;)

Impulse buys can be alot of fun when they work out good! I woulda bought her too without thinking about it lol

You would basically be looking for any damage to the mouth area.... broken tooth, smashed, or even bruised/ red around the mouth.... from what I can see she has nice proper shape. I can't really see her teeth but if she is eating good I wouldn't be to concerned really.

Yep, she cruises around pecking at the rocks and between corals. She's quite active. It's fun to watch her. I just realized I have 15 fish now :o.

Ok good...didn't see any damage like that, but haven't noticed her teeth yet :).

i love her! i had never even known about

this kind of wrasse. every wrasse i've seen i've loved,

but my tank is too small.

she's wonderful! so happy she's eating and

the others seem to adjust quickly to her presence!!

i love her! i had never even known about

this kind of wrasse. every wrasse i've seen i've loved,

but my tank is too small.

she's wonderful! so happy she's eating and

the others seem to adjust quickly to her presence!!

You know the answer to that? Upgrade :D.

I've been in love with this fish since first seeing Zia's and then seeing Felicia's.

Oh...the dendro is opening up more now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a good photo of it :).

What an adorable fish! Glad she's getting along with everyone!

Finally finished with my tree!!

15761726420_60076ba205.jpgWP_20141204_006 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Your tree :wub:. Is it real or fake? It looks real!!!!! I love your star too...looks like it's just floating up there! Where'd you get it?

:eek:

haha

It's gonna happen sooner or later :D.

Your tree :wub:. Is it real or fake? It looks real!!!!! I love your star too...looks like it's just floating up there! Where'd you get it?

Thanks!! It's a fake tree from Target I picked up on sale a few years ago. ;) I got it because the color of the needles looked more "natural" and kind of have highlights - not all one flat green plastic-y color... Seems to be a very high quality one. The ornaments I picked up on sale too at Walgreens. The topper holds on with a coiled/spring cone.

Thanks!! It's a fake tree from Target I picked up on sale a few years ago. ;) I got it because the color of the needles looked more "natural" and kind of have highlights - not all one flat green plastic-y color... Seems to be a very high quality one. The ornaments I picked up on sale too at Walgreens. The topper holds on with a coiled/spring cone.

It really does look real! Did it come with lights or did you string those? You did a nice job :). Putting lights on the tree is my least favorite thing. The fake tree I bought has lights already on it...thank goodness!

It really does look real! Did it come with lights or did you string those? You did a nice job :). Putting lights on the tree is my least favorite thing. The fake tree I bought has lights already on it...thank goodness!

It's pre-light! Easy peasy! I hate stringing lights and garland!!

Saw one of the GBG today at feeding time :)

:happydance:. Did it eat? I think they pick at pods quite a bit. I can't see them starving in a tank..they have pretty good appetites.

Your tank is perfect, and your new Blue Star Leopard Wrasse is exquisite!

Well thank you very much :happy:. She was the perfect last addition :).

Wow- great additions- your tank keeps getting better and better

Thanks, Sk8 :flower:. I think I'm done now :)
jedimasterben

:happydance:. Did it eat? I think they pick at pods quite a bit. I can't see them starving in a tank..they have pretty good appetites.

I think so. It looked like it grabbed something from the water and then darted back for cover! :)

I think so. It looked like it grabbed something from the water and then darted back for cover! :)

Awesome! They LOVE live blackworms! It's funny to watch them slurp it down like spaghetti :lol:.

Archived