inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I think you'll find some room after awhile

I am pretty sure you said that a couple of times now..... ;)

:blush:

LOL

:wub: your new wrasse, Gena!

Thanks Jaime :).

Your new fish is so pretty and your tank looks spectacular as always.

Thank you :flower:.

So guess who loves live blackworms????? She finally got the nerve to give one a try and OMG...it was hilarious. She was going bananas for them :).

I finally have a name for her too. Last night my husband asked me what I was going to name the new fish? I said, "I don't know". He said, "Herbie"?. I said :wacko:, it's a girl!. He said, "Herbetta"? I said :rolleyes: no LOL. But...Herbetta made me think of Rebecca and that is her new name....Rebecca. Rebecca the blue star leopard wrasse :).

Polarcollision

IMG_8962_zps81bb03b1.jpg

O.M.G. Soooooo beautiful! What a great find--there's no way I would have been able to walk away from her either. This page needs more pics of her. :-)

i love her! i had never even known about

this kind of wrasse. every wrasse i've seen i've loved,

but my tank is too small.

she's wonderful! so happy she's eating and

the others seem to adjust quickly to her presence!!

Just have to say you have perfect line breaks - exactly how I would compose type for readability at the day job.

O.M.G. Soooooo beautiful! What a great find--there's no way I would have been able to walk away from her either. This page needs more pics of her. :-)

I agree!! We need more pics, Gena!!

Just have to say you have perfect line breaks - exactly how I would compose type for readability at the day job.

:lol:

what's your day job?

strange habit started freshman year

in college when i got email for the first

time. couldn't seem to wait till the end of

the page--and also, dropped caps.

Thanks everyone!!!!! :flower:

That is a beautiful fish, G-Bro! ;)

G-Bro :lol:

Thanks, D!

Rebecca is still doing amazingly well. My only complaint is she makes a sand mess at night as she is settling in for bed LOL. I had to move the scoly because she keeps burying it. I thought she would go to the back of the tank to sleep, but I think she's choosing right up front. That's where she keeps making the mess anyways. Today I'm going to try and hang out in front of the tank as she is going to bed so I can see exactly where she's burying herself in the sand. Here are a few more photos from today. She's is really difficult to photograph because she's constantly on the move.

IMG_9009_zpsfd071968.jpg

IMG_9011_zpsa7dee756.jpg

IMG_9012_zpscf0d6e22.jpg

Forgot to turn the Christmas tree lights off :blush:

IMG_9013_zps0ae46d5e.jpg

Still trying to get that money shot :D.

IMG_9035_zps13fb836d.jpg

IMG_9031_zps72e33abf.jpg

IMG_9038_zps44942274.jpg

IMG_9034_zps7e95e0ec.jpg

Will keep trying :).

I changed my coral order from Cultivated Reef. Instead of the dragon soul favia, I'll be getting some cinnamon grandi palys. The only spot I had to put the dragon soul is the area where Rebecca makes her mess. I don't want it buried and killed so the palys will be a much better option for this tank now. Bummer, but I do like the cinnamon palys too so not a biggie.

Rebecca did MUCH better last night going to sleep. She didn't make a sand storm. In fact, I was sitting in front of the tank, as planned to see where she sleeps. I was going back and forth between watching her and watching The Godfather on TV. Of course she retires for the night while I had my head turned watching a fight scene...figures :rolleyes:. I'm just glad she didn't make a mess in the process. She is starting to settle down now and get a routine. I really love this fish!

I think you just posted four "money shots." Very cool!

Thank you :flower:.

I know where she sleeps now. Looks like she goes to bed around 6pm. Last night was 6:05ish. She dive bombs under the pink open brain coral :wub:. What a smart girl!

Thank you :flower:.I know where she sleeps now. Looks like she goes to bed around 6pm. Last night was 6:05ish. She dive bombs under the pink open brain coral :wub:. What a smart girl!

Interesting- what time do your lights start winding down? That seems to early to call it a night - not enough time to watch her? amazing looking fish

Rebecca is beautiful for sure!!! Looks very healthy :)

Rebecca did MUCH better last night going to sleep. She didn't make a sand storm.

Don't worry, she will from time to time for no reason other then she wants to. They will also do this to stir up critters in the sand to eat... And no 4 feedings a day won't make a difference LOL I had 4 leopards in the 70 for a while and they would all stir stuff up at the same time it seemed and you could just watch them it was like a feeding frenzy. It sucked but was super cool at the same time :wacko:

Of course she retires for the night while I had my head turned watching a fight scene...figures :rolleyes:.

Not surprising really, they are stealthy little things. I would watch the tank to see where they slept all the time and they would ALWAYS wait until I blinked or looked away for a second to disappear like they knew what was going on. I'd never disturb them unless something majorly bad was going down, and never go poking in the sand looking for her if you don't see her for any length of time even if it is a week+.

I'm just glad she didn't make a mess in the process. She is starting to settle down now and get a routine. I really love this fish!

Me too quit taking such nice pics of her I wasn't planning on vermiculate wrasses lol

So beautiful :wub: It's hard to tell - how big is she? Two or three inches, maybe?

She's about 3" :).

Interesting- what time do your lights start winding down? That seems to early to call it a night - not enough time to watch her amazing looking fish

They start dimming around 5pm. I don't remember what time they go out completely except for moonlight...sometime after 7pm though. I'm home during the day for the most part, so I can see her anytime :).

Rebecca is beautiful for sure!!! Looks very healthy :)

Don't worry, she will from time to time for no reason other then she wants to. They will also do this to stir up critters in the sand to eat... And no 4 feedings a day won't make a difference LOL I had 4 leopards in the 70 for a while and they would all stir stuff up at the same time it seemed and you could just watch them it was like a feeding frenzy. It sucked but was super cool at the same time :wacko:

Not surprising really, they are stealthy little things. I would watch the tank to see where they slept all the time and they would ALWAYS wait until I blinked or looked away for a second to disappear like they knew what was going on. I'd never disturb them unless something majorly bad was going down, and never go poking in the sand looking for her if you don't see her for any length of time even if it is a week+.

Me too quit taking such nice pics of her I wasn't planning on vermiculate wrasses lol

Ok good to know more feedings won't make a difference. I've started giving a mid-day snack to her.

The other day I sat to film her do her nightly dive-bomb under the brain coral. Little stinker decided not to sleep there. Last night I wasn't trying to film her so she was back under the brain coral. Smart fish! I actually prefer her under the brain as there's less chance of something disturbing her...like my big old fighting conch trudging through the sand LOL.

Ok good to know more feedings won't make a difference. I've started giving a mid-day snack to her.

Don't get me wrong she will enjoy a nice snack, but the are constant hunters so they will still kick up sand from time to time to find goodies as well.

The other day I sat to film her do her nightly dive-bomb under the brain coral. Little stinker decided not to sleep there. Last night I wasn't trying to film her so she was back under the brain coral. Smart fish! I actually prefer her under the brain as there's less chance of something disturbing her...like my big old fighting conch trudging through the sand LOL.

I've heard of people saying theirs slept in the same spot all the time but that was never my experience. My female potters had a couple spots but the other 4 leopards moved around regularly.

That's the cutest thing ever! :happy:

:happy:

I saw the cutest thing ever yesterday. My largest green banded goby was flirting with the smallest green banded goby. They were being playful, not fighting. I can tell the difference now. And I swear to God they kissed LOL. My heart melted :wub:.

she's such a baby =P.

LOL

Don't get me wrong she will enjoy a nice snack, but the are constant hunters so they will still kick up sand from time to time to find goodies as well.

I've heard of people saying theirs slept in the same spot all the time but that was never my experience. My female potters had a couple spots but the other 4 leopards moved around regularly.

Have you ever had the blue star leopard? The colors on this fish are unbelievably gorgeous. Even with the occasional sand storm, I'm sooooo glad I picked her up.

It's actually only in the late afternoon that she'll start rolling around in the sand and I think it's her preparation for night.

I think she likes to eat the baby snails in the tank. It has to be baby snails because she chews on them until they are gone. I wouldn't think she'd do that with a sand pebble. Guess I won't have an abundance of snails in my tank....ever :lol:.

Archived