Top Shelf Aquatics

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Have you ever had the blue star leopard? The colors on this fish are unbelievably gorgeous. Even with the occasional sand storm, I'm sooooo glad I picked her up.

Nope, out of the 40 or so that my old LFS brought in only a couple ever made it and a friend got them lost one and didn't tell me he was shutting his tank down and sold it without telling me lol

t's actually only in the late afternoon that she'll start rolling around in the sand and I think it's her preparation for night.

Yeah pretty common they will "prep" their bed as well.

I think she likes to eat the baby snails in the tank. It has to be baby snails because she chews on them until they are gone. I wouldn't think she'd do that with a sand pebble. Guess I won't have an abundance of snails in my tank....ever :lol:.

Yeah they will eat snails or pods, if she is doing much chewing probably baby snails or something tho. :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the cutest thing ever yesterday. My largest green banded goby was flirting with the smallest green banded goby. They were being playful, not fighting. I can tell the difference now. And I swear to God they kissed LOL. My heart melted :wub:.

AWW! :flower:

Nope, out of the 40 or so that my old LFS brought in only a couple ever made it and a friend got them lost one and didn't tell me he was shutting his tank down and sold it without telling me lol

Yeah pretty common they will "prep" their bed as well.

Yeah they will eat snails or pods, if she is doing much chewing probably baby snails or something tho. :)

You should get one or a few for the new tank :D. Today she prepped her bed twice before going in LOL. I was getting exhausted just watching her wind down for the night :). I was ready for bed too by then :).

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up another flat rock and glue the palys on the sandbed to it. She tried to squeeze in between them today and made a sand mess on them. If they're off the sand she won't mess with them. Seems she likes to sleep under things in the sand. Don't blame her.

Thanks for all the awesome Christmas gifts this year Gena :wub:

My pleasure :flower:.

You should get one or a few for the new tank :D.

I haven't decided which leopards I will go with just yet..... but there will definitely be leopards before its all said n done ;)

Today she prepped her bed twice before going in LOL. I was getting exhausted just watching her wind down for the night :). I was ready for bed too by then :).

Yeah they get out all their energy before bed thats for sure LOL

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up another flat rock and glue the palys on the sandbed to it. She tried to squeeze in between them today and made a sand mess on them. If they're off the sand she won't mess with them. Seems she likes to sleep under things in the sand. Don't blame her.

I'm not 100% sure on this but it may be something related to having a thinner sand bed. I've observed the same thing and have often wondered if it was because with the thin layer (around 1") I have if they feel they aren't "deep enough" or well enough protected under the sand that the seek refuge under an object as well...... just a thought I've had.

:happy:

I saw the cutest thing ever yesterday. My largest green banded goby was flirting with the smallest green banded goby. They were being playful, not fighting. I can tell the difference now. And I swear to God they kissed LOL. My heart melted :wub:.

That is overpoweringly cute :) I have got to get a new GBG soon. I'm getting closer and closer to having the 10g tank ready for some fish, and I'll definitely be getting a new one for the 4g tank then!!!

That is overpoweringly cute :) I have got to get a new GBG soon. I'm getting closer and closer to having the 10g tank ready for some fish, and I'll definitely be getting a new one for the 4g tank then!!!

They are adorable for sure. I'm so glad I got the group of 5 :wub:. Can't wait to see you with another one again :happydance:.

Just watched my GBG suck down a 1mm NLS pellet. :o

:lol: they aren't afraid to tackle "big" pieces of food.

Random photos from today....

I picked up more rock to glue some palys to. I didn't want to but had to, to protect them from Rebecca's digging. It's worked out really well. I lost a lot of sandbed in the front but it surprisingly doesn't bother me at all. It all blends in. It's like a little zoa/paly rock garden now. That tiny frag is my new forest fire digitata. Can't wait to see it color up. It's pretty pale and colorless right now.....but I can wait for it to transform into something special :happy:.

Bogart snuck in at the top right in the monticap

IMG_9043_zps5a186d0b.jpg

IMG_9056_zpsbbcb5217.jpg

IMG_9052_zps1b6c6c94.jpg

IMG_9060_zpsd968429f.jpg

IMG_9067_zps3feb3553.jpg

IMG_9058_zps7777e631.jpg

IMG_9044_zpsd0d90c74.jpg

IMG_9066_zps3c426e8e.jpg

Rebecca is oh so pretty.

Thanks, Annette!

thats a nice wrasshole

LOL she's not too bad ;).

your meat coral looks so happy!

also, i spy your little dendro with its

tentacles out. :wub: have you spot fed it yet?

seems tucked away!

YES :). I feed it a few times a week now. It's fun :). But I'm careful not to overfeed because I've been known to do that LOL. It gets ginormous at night!!!!!!

Wow!

That is such a pretty wrasse. Congrats on such a lovely tank

Thanks, Ashley!

Your wrasse blends in well- couldn't find it in that last pic

I know :)

Bogart... :wub:

Thanks, Kim! I'm going to refer to you now as my prazi sister :). I dosed my tank today!!!!! The firefish I've seen flashing before and now Rebecca has started doing it. So I dosed prazi into the DT today. So far so good, no issues. I'll leave this dose until my Friday water change. That will be 5 full days. Then run the skimmer and reactor again after water change, until next Monday when I'll do a second dose. That should take care of the flukes.

Here are a couple of more Bogart photos for you :)

IMG_9088_zps2aec0941.jpg

IMG_9090_zps0c92eeff.jpg

And then a few extras.

IMG_9097_zpscad3dcb7.jpg

IMG_9104_zps05f8af01.jpg

Got a new tuxedo urchin last Friday! Can you spot him???? His pretty stealthy :). Second time's the charm. This guy is very active compared to the first one.

IMG_9071_zps070b20d8.jpg

LOVE the pics!!

I need a Bogart! I asked BF for a pipefish for my birthday (Feb) but I'm really worried one would slip through the grate in my BioCube. I think a mandarin or dragonet would fare better!

Jewwwwww can dose prazi in a dt and have no ill effect?

Yup!

Follow directions and everything should be fine. I dosed in my DT just fine last week!

Gorgeous as usual, Gena!

Thank you :flower:

LOVE the pics!!

I need a Bogart! I asked BF for a pipefish for my birthday (Feb) but I'm really worried one would slip through the grate in my BioCube. I think a mandarin or dragonet would fare better!

Bogart is an awesome little guy. I'm finally starting to notice some growth out of him. The other day I was watching him and he's a little bigger than when I first got him.

They are high-maintenance fish but so worth it :).

Great pics! Love the way your tuxedo urchin has covered himself up :)

Thanks :). Yesterday I turned the mp10s off when I was feeding and the urchin climbed onto one. He was on there all day long!!!! I left the mp10 off for him. It's spotless now LOL.

I post all my GBG news to you :)

gbg2.gif

IMG_0303.jpg

Becoming less like the great white whale!

OK....those are way cool photos, Ben!!!! :bowdown:. I'm thrilled to be your go-to for GBG news :happydance:.

Jewwwwww can dose prazi in a dt and have no ill effect?

Yuppers :). No issues at all. Now 3 months from now may be a different story LOL. I think it will be fine though.

For those of us born in the 70s :wub:. You're welcome :)

I know I've posted this before but I just love this commercial. Brings back a flood of memories from my childhood :).

Archived