Cultivated Reef

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

jedimasterben

I'd be very, very careful moving the MP10 wet side when you feed. If they arent lined up exactly, you'll put a lot of stress on the bearings and it will increase noise very quickly as they wear out.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be very, very careful moving the MP10 wet side when you feed. If they arent lined up exactly, you'll put a lot of stress on the bearings and it will increase noise very quickly as they wear out.

How will I know if they aren't aligned correctly? Lots of vibration? It kinda just lines itself up for me when I connect them in the tank.

I was thinking of also just putting a fish net over the opening whenever I feed. Which is probably what I'll end up doing..especially when I have two mp10s going. I'm sure that would get old fast pulling them both out twice a day :).

jedimasterben
How will I know if they aren't aligned correctly? Lots of vibration? It kinda just lines itself up for me when I connect them in the tank.I was thinking of also just putting a fish net over the opening whenever I feed. Which is probably what I'll end up doing..especially when I have two mp10s going. I'm sure that would get old fast pulling them both out twice a day :).

It doesn't align itself when you out it nears that's just the magnets pulling together, you then have to align it, look at from different angles and make sure its all lined up.

It doesn't align itself when you out it nears that's just the magnets pulling together, you then have to align it, look at from different angles and make sure its all lined up.

Yeah, I do that too. If it's not aligned right mine vibrates...that's another way I can tell it's off. I think I'll just do the net thing :).

I've had my blue box mp10 for a long time now. I got it when they first came out! First generation model :). The only thing I had to do was get a new wetside because over time the snails did a number on the original wetside.

IMG_8899_zpsee2a27b1.jpg

Classic Christmas lights with the FTS :D.

IMG_8900_zpsac60f377.jpg

IMG_8898copy_zpsb46806aa.jpg

IMG_8911_zps71d6ff65.jpg

IMG_8901_zps9d742a39.jpg

IMG_8905_zpsa4b79872.jpg

I really love this ball sponge. I think I'll place an order with KPA for a bunch of sponges to put under the monticap. Nothing else can go under there and they will give some color and filter the water. Practical and beautiful :wub:.

IMG_8904_zps018afada.jpg

IMG_8910copy_zps0ea20684.jpg

Beautiful shots! What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks! I use a Canon T2i. Stock lens...which reminds me, maybe I should put the macro lens on my wish list :D.

Thanks! I use a Canon T2i. Stock lens...which reminds me, maybe I should put the macro lens on my wish list :D.

Definitely! Lots of fun with a macro lens?

Definitely! Lots of fun with a macro lens

I've been wanting one for about 2 years now LOL. Aren't they like $500? That's what is stopping me.

the teeny gbg on your monti (?) slays me!!

also, what are the round sponges? i mean, they

are sponges? filter feeders?

Yep...sponges are filter feeders. They are a great addition as they don't need any light!

Heeeheee...he's a Christmas Goby on a Season's Greeting monticap. Can you get anymore festive than that????? :D

Speaking of Christmas...the trees are up and decorated now. I needed a new tree topper...well, I wanted a new tree topper. I went to a great antique store yesterday and found one but it was more than I wanted to spend. And regretted not buying it when I went home. BUT...today I went to a thrift store and found a giant box of handblown vintage ornaments with a tree topper for $5.99 total!!!!!! :happydance:. So my big tree and little tree are now complete :happy:.

IMG_8912_zps0527d774.jpg

IMG_8922_zps8461f1c4.jpg

Thought you were moving to Austin! omgomgomg

It's still a possibility. But with D's line of work, he'd have better opportunities in NYC. He could still work for NBC there and he's got some contacts there. I've been looking at real estate in Stamford, Ct. LOL. I wouldn't mind living in Brooklyn either :).

dont get to see your tank from that perspective often...love it!

Thanks!!!! Gives a better perspective on just how big the monticap is :).

Love the pictures! The GBG's have added so much charm. And I've always thought that Christmas trees and reef tanks naturally go together :)

PS: that monticap is freaking huge!!! Love it.

So my big tree and little tree are now complete :happy:.

Now I'm inspired to get my tree out this year!

I wasn't gonna decorate, but it sure is a waste of me toting around all these decorations for the past few moves and never taking them out!

Love the pictures! The GBG's have added so much charm. And I've always thought that Christmas trees and reef tanks naturally go together :)

PS: that monticap is freaking huge!!! Love it.

I have you to thank for the charm added to my tank ;).

Now I'm inspired to get my tree out this year!

I wasn't gonna decorate, but it sure is a waste of me toting around all these decorations for the past few moves and never taking them out!

Awesome! Take pictures of your tree if you do one :).

Aack! I need to get busy! It's December already.

Now where did I put those decorations…..?

Your trees look great!

Keeping with the Christmas theme.....Oh, China :rolleyes:

mmsanta2_zps6593aa53.jpeg

mmsanta_zps2f5edfe1.jpeg

Yep I lost my plate too. Don't think I'll be trying again.

Sorry :(. Least you aren't alone in this :).

I ordered some coral today...like I have any business doing that LOL. I got my gender bender micromussa from Cultivated Reef. Plus I added in a forest fire digitata which I've wanted forever. And a magicians paly frag. I lost mine under the monticap a while ago. That is all :).

The new mp10 is in place and working great! It's so quiet compared to my original mp10. I guess my original mp10 HAS gotten louder over the years. Still tolerable though :).

Not my tree, but this is what I was SUPER busy doing at work today... :rolleyes:

15739977578_5efe879164.jpg

WP_20141201_001 by kimothy182, on Flickr

LOVE it! LOL...for some reason it makes me think of Charlie Brown. I think it's the blue garland mixed with the bright yellow star that gives it that fun kinda cartoony feel. Or maybe I'm just weird LOL :). Great job!

LOVE it! LOL...for some reason it makes me think of Charlie Brown. I think it's the blue garland mixed with the bright yellow star that gives it that fun kinda cartoony feel. Or maybe I'm just weird LOL :). Great job!

I made the star... Construction paper, taped to a letter opener, binder clipped to the tree. :happy:

ETA: You really inspired me more than you know. Cold weather always puts me in a funk. I haven't decorated for Christmas in literally 4 years. Got my tree out and up just now. I'll share once it's got decorations on!

I've been wanting one for about 2 years now LOL. Aren't they like $500? That's what is stopping me.

That's about the price for new ones. The good thing about decent DSLR lenses is once they take their initial value hit from being used, they tend to keep their used value. The one I got was under $300 used and I could sell it tomorrow for the same price. Still expensive though..

I made the star... Construction paper, taped to a letter opener, binder clipped to the tree. :happy:

ETA: You really inspired me more than you know. Cold weather always puts me in a funk. I haven't decorated for Christmas in literally 4 years. Got my tree out and up just now. I'll share once it's got decorations on!

The real question is... what do the presents consist of??

Archived