Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

I don't bother with anything other than temperature acclimation for fish, corals, or inverts, save for starfish and the like.

How'd you get them out of the bag??? They are so little I'm afraid I'm going to hurt them.
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

How'd you get them out of the bag??? They are so little I'm afraid I'm going to hurt them.

I just dumped the bag out over the sink into my hand, shook off the excess water (since the water has Ship-Shape in it), and then dropped them in. The trigger, I'm not 100% sure if they have more spines than the one that they use at night, so for it I dumped all of the water out that I could and then slid it out of the bag into the tank.

I just dumped the bag out over the sink into my hand, shook off the excess water (since the water has Ship-Shape in it), and then dropped them in. The trigger, I'm not 100% sure if they have more spines than the one that they use at night, so for it I dumped all of the water out that I could and then slid it out of the bag into the tank.

What's ship-shape? I'll probably pull them out one at a time if I can manage it. Here's a photo of them in case when I put them in the tank they disappear :).

IMG_3231_zps2c783ae4.jpg

jedimasterben

What's ship-shape? I'll probably pull them out one at a time if I can manage it. Here's a photo of them in case when I put them in the tank they disappear :).

Ship Shape FF is a water conditioner and an ammonia control. Very, very expensive stuff!

A photo so we know they exist :)

This is the closest I have lol

IMG_20141118_133542943.jpg

They're here omgomgomg. Looks like everything is alive too..thank goodness. They are floating in the sump right now.

The freebies were a pedereson anemone shrimp :happydance:. And an arrow crab :o. I would love to be able to keep the arrow crab but I don't think they are good for a reef?????? I'll just drop it off at my LFS in a couple of hours.

I'm really happy with this transaction. I say go for it Chris!!!!!! :D

Store was empty when I looked earlier... but I am in no rush for obvious reasons lol I will probably check into what all he can get tho pretty soon, thanks for being a guinea pig :) lol

The arrow crab if it is smallish (they can get pretty big) would be ok in the sump for a while but yeah I'd pass it off one way or another too.

This is the closest I have lol

IMG_20141118_133542943.jpg

:lol:.

Store was empty when I looked earlier... but I am in no rush for obvious reasons lol I will probably check into what all he can get tho pretty soon, thanks for being a guinea pig :) lol

The arrow crab if it is smallish (they can get pretty big) would be ok in the sump for a while but yeah I'd pass it off one way or another too.

Yeah, I saw it was empty. I wanted to see what his description was for the arrow crab. He probably sells out really fast with those amazing prices!

I'm going to eat some lunch and then take the crab to the LFS. Too bad. They are so cool looking. But no way I'd take a chance with it.

Gobies are in the tank and they pretty much disappear in there :lol:. They are hanging out at the front right now. I hope they get comfortable soon and start exploring :). Here are a couple of photos of them. The masked goby thinks he's one of them, I think. He keeps hanging out with them :). Goby's on the glass in this first picture.

IMG_8799_zps276c05f0.jpg

IMG_8795_zpsd2280ce9.jpg

The anemone shrimp went into my RFA tank. He's chilling on the turquoise trumpets. I think he'll get along fine with the spotted anemone shrimp.

IMG_8801_zps80678142.jpg

I love them! Wish I'd had my tank cycled when the deal showed up.

Now your challenge is to get a picture with all five showing at the same time :eek:

Looks good Gena :)

Ur meats are lookin hungry!!

I had actually just fed them. I think they wanted more :D.

JEALOUS!!!! they are so cute. and a free shrimp too. what a good deal.

They are pretty cute. You should get a pack next time he lists them ;).

Awesome! I'm fiending for a pedersen shrimp.

They are awesome shrimp! I actually like the spotted anemone shrimp even more. They are more colorful and hardier, if you ask me.

Very cool! Love your new mini friends there.

Thank you, Mr. M :)

I love them! Wish I'd had my tank cycled when the deal showed up.

Now your challenge is to get a picture with all five showing at the same time :eek:

hah...I can only find 4 right now and they aren't all in the same place :).

Here's a pathetic video I made of one of the new GBGs. Focusing is apparently not my forte when making videos. But you get a basic idea. Plus you get bonus Christmas music. Mute it if you aren't ready for that yet :D.

Those dudes are awesome! Wonder if I can fit any in my clusterF of a tank.

What's wrong with your tank? They would love it! They totally get lost in my big tank and a small tank would do them more justice :).

Awesome additions!

Thank you :).

So far I've only seen 4 at one time. Doesn't mean the 5th is gone...just haven't seen all 5 at one time :). I'll stay positive :).

Got this cutesy pic just a few minutes ago when I was feeding the tank.

He's sooooo teeny tiny :happy:

tiny_zps89799bab.jpg

They seem to like the cyclopeeze that I fed. They are very active and healthy thank goodness!

UPDATE.....JUST counted all 5 at one time :happydance:. I admit I was worried LOL.

Mine loved cyclopeeze. He always wanted to try to eat mysis shrimp but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't choke it down.

:lol:...funny. Yeah, a couple of these guys are so tiny that they even have trouble with some of the bigger pieces of cylops!!!!

That is what I thought it was, however, I thought that they didn't do well in groups.

I've read in groups of 3 or 5 or 7...odd numbers is ok. My 5 seem to be doing just fine. I did see one scuffle yesterday, but the two scufflers are now on opposite sides of the tank from each other :lol:

Thank you :).

So far I've only seen 4 at one time. Doesn't mean the 5th is gone...just haven't seen all 5 at one time :). I'll stay positive :).

Got this cutesy pic just a few minutes ago when I was feeding the tank.

He's sooooo teeny tiny :happy:

tiny_zps89799bab.jpg

They seem to like the cyclopeeze that I fed. They are very active and healthy thank goodness!

UPDATE.....JUST counted all 5 at one time :happydance:. I admit I was worried LOL.

I loved my Greenbanded Goby. I found it very active for a small gobies. At first I thought I would put it in the tank and never see it again. Mine was always visible and jumping alongside the glass all the time. Fun little guys.

Archived