Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

That's my thing with fish, if you end up with large fish in a small tank it completely throws off the perspective. I've shown people pictures of my tank and most think it's much larger than it is, throw a few 3+ inch fish in there and you loose that IMO

Yep, I agree. Plus I like the focus more on the corals as opposed to fish. And big fish have more issues than goby sized fish too :lol:.

But most importantly, goby sized fish are adorable and so interesting to me :).

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Yep, I agree. Plus I like the focus more on the corals as opposed to fish. And big fish have more issues than goby sized fish too :lol:.

But most importantly, goby sized fish are adorable and so interesting to me :).

gatta take the cuteness factor into account

LOL

I haven't been there since August :).

Anyone else notice Live Aquaria is having issues? I have 2 greenbanded gobies and a blue tuxedo urchin in my cart but can't check out. I called them and they said they are having issues. As soon as they are fixed I'm buying :happydance:. Decided to wait on the sunburst anthias. I was staring at the tank today and realized I much prefer the little goby sized fish to big fish. I think 2 GB gobies will fit in perfectly :).

ooo...i saw a video of those greenbanded gobies. they look awesome.

was this posted in your thread??

Yay! Join the GBG Club! Unfortunately mine jumped out just yesterday, literally less than 24 hours after I finished gloating about how I don't need a tank cover...since my gobies don't jump. :tears:

So I guess I'll be paying a visit to liveaquaria.com too! Maybe I'll get two ;)

No...but :wub:. Thanks for posting!

Yay! Join the GBG Club! Unfortunately mine jumped out just yesterday, literally less than 24 hours after I finished gloating about how I don't need a tank cover...since my gobies don't jump. :tears:

So I guess I'll be paying a visit to liveaquaria.com too! Maybe I'll get two ;)

No like :(. Sorry.

Live aquaria is still down :tears:. I'd call in my order but I want to use my paypal to buy this. I can't decide if I should get 2 or 3 greenbanded gobies. I want to get a pair out of them but if they do form a pair the third one might get beat up on. Or maybe 2 will become females and one male???? I wish I knew how that worked with them. I guess I have time to decide while I wait for them to get back up again.

Scoly will be here Friday :D.

SCOLY! omgomgomg

i can't wait to see!

there's a 3 inch one i admire

at ASD, love so much.

when i get my fantasy 12g long, one

of my first buys will be a scoly. :D

SCOLY! omgomgomg

i can't wait to see!

there's a 3 inch one i admire

at ASD, love so much.

when i get my fantasy 12g long, one

of my first buys will be a scoly. :D

What color is the one at ASD? The one I'm getting looked green and purpleish in the photo. Can't wait to see it in person :happydance:.

So I made a $140 order of fish food :lol:. This was from my photo contest winning. I have $250 to spend on food and don't have to use any of that for shipping. I have all kinds of food on the way. Freeze dried, frozen, pellets. And $110 credit left over that I'll probably use in August next year. I'm out of frozen mysis and thought about going to the LFS today to get more when I remembered I have this credit :). The calendars are in too and she's going to put a few in the box with the food. Can't wait to see it. Here's a link to the posting on FB. Not sure if you have to have a FB account to see it or not.

https://www.facebook.com/341260152699393/photos/a.341293739362701.1073741828.341260152699393/377419762416765/?type=1&theater

What color is the one at ASD? The one I'm getting looked green and purpleish in the photo. Can't wait to see it in person :happydance:.

gena, i'll take a foto the next time i'm in the shop.

ha! i go every week.

and whoa on reaping in the fish foods!

gena, i'll take a foto the next time i'm in the shop.

ha! i go every week.

and whoa on reaping in the fish foods!

That would be awesome! I keep saying next time I'm in San Diego, I'm stopping in at ASD. I have to check it out :).

Yeah...I'll be set on food for a long time :lol:.

That would be awesome! I keep saying next time I'm in San Diego, I'm stopping in at ASD. I have to check it out :).

Yeah...I'll be set on food for a long time :lol:.

let me know dudette, and we can window shop together

if i can make it. :D and yay on more fishies! i am being patient,

as i think i still have a fish corpse in my little tank. :(

If ever my tank is empty again I'm going to get Panda Gobys.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWEAActbUw

They are adorable! I've wanted those too but I read they can irritate SPS like the yellow clown gobies.

I will totally let you know. We can be bad influences on each other in person :lol:.

Fish corpse :(. Happens to all of us :grouphug:.

I didn't know it was possible to window shop at ASD. We (read: my husband) always found something we "had to have." :P

If ever my tank is empty again I'm going to get Panda Gobys.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWEAActbUw

Goby cute-ness overload!! :wub:

What color is the one at ASD? The one I'm getting looked green and purpleish in the photo. Can't wait to see it in person :happydance:.So I made a $140 order of fish food :lol:. This was from my photo contest winning. I have $250 to spend on food and don't have to use any of that for shipping. I have all kinds of food on the way. Freeze dried, frozen, pellets. And $110 credit left over that I'll probably use in August next year. I'm out of frozen mysis and thought about going to the LFS today to get more when I remembered I have this credit :). The calendars are in too and she's going to put a few in the box with the food. Can't wait to see it. Here's a link to the posting on FB. Not sure if you have to have a FB account to see it or not.https://www.facebook.com/341260152699393/photos/a.341293739362701.1073741828.341260152699393/377419762416765/?type=1&theater'>https://www.facebook.com/341260152699393/photos/a.341293739362701.1073741828.341260152699393/377419762416765/?type=1&theater

$140 worth of fish food?! Damn, my wife would never cease giving me grief about the room that would take in the freezer.

I will have to check out ASD the next time I am in San Diego. I think they had a booth at RAP?

$140 worth of fish food?! Damn, my wife would never cease giving me grief about the room that would take in the freezer. I will have to check out ASD the next time I am in San Diego. I think they had a booth at RAP?

if this was the reefapalooza a few weekends back,

yes, they were there. :)

I have $250 to spend on food

I hope there is no expiration date on that! Seriously thats an insane amount of food, even when I had my 180 with 22 fish I don't think I went through that much in a year..... feeding 3-4 times a day LOL

$140 worth of fish food?! Damn, my wife would never cease giving me grief about the room that would take in the freezer. I will have to check out ASD the next time I am in San Diego. I think they had a booth at RAP?

Good thing I'm in charge of the freezer :lol:

I hope there is no expiration date on that! Seriously thats an insane amount of food, even when I had my 180 with 22 fish I don't think I went through that much in a year..... feeding 3-4 times a day LOL

There is. I have to use it within a year. Oh well :lol:.

So Liveaquaria is back up and now they are OUT OF STOCK on my greenbanded gobies :tears:.

Yeah, you'll only want to get small portions of the frozen food at a time, as otherwise it'll go bad LONG before you can use it :)

yeah, I don't know why they are making us use it up in a year..there's no way LOL.

So I was googling greenbanded goby in shopping and found this :lol:

http://www.cafepress.com/+greenbanded_goby_throw_blanket,1235050710?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=1235050710&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=sem-cpc-product-ads&utm_content=search-pla

they also have an area rug LOL. The blanket is kinda cute :).

Yay for more gobies! Makes me nostalgic about Ian's old dual cubes. Wish he'd come back to the hobby.

& your new cyanria looks fabulous :wub:

Thanks!!!!!

I'm going to call Vivid when they open at 11 and see if they have any in-stock. They show available online. If so, I may be driving there today :).

I still have Ian's number...just sent him a text to see what's up with him. I haven't heard from him in probably a year :(.

if this was the reefapalooza a few weekends back,

yes, they were there. :)

OK, I think I remember their booth. They had nice corals but it was usually crowded.

Probably should have bought something but I am still fighting a hair algae outbreak.

Good thing I'm in charge of the freezer :lol:

There is. I have to use it within a year. Oh well :lol:.

So Liveaquaria is back up and now they are OUT OF STOCK on my greenbanded gobies :tears:.

Well if I took over control of the freezer I would have to cook more. :o

Not a good thing. :(

The "Boss" just bought a new Crock pot. So, we are searching slow cooking recipes.

BTW, my NanoBox retrofit seems to be working OK. I will send your light back next week.

Archived