Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear the news about your cat =(. i hope she gets her eyesight back.

It's always something here :lol:. Thanks!

Picture bump :).

Got my order from ERC today :happydance:.

I'm in love with my FIRST meat coral :wub:. It's not even fully open yet and I love it :).

IMG_8723_zps3b286297.jpg

IMG_8720_zps14682716.jpg

Plus they gave me a freebie pink and green favia :wub:

IMG_8719_zpscd2780d0.jpg

i wasn't quite sure what a meat coral was

so i looked at everything and everything is beautiful!

now i think i know which it is, is it the red/pink round

thing on the left?? :) /noob also love your freebie

favia, so pretty!

sorry about your cat. poor kitteh. :(

Looks amazing per usual!

Thank you :happy:

i wasn't quite sure what a meat coral was

so i looked at everything and everything is beautiful!

now i think i know which it is, is it the red/pink round

thing on the left?? :) /noob also love your freebie

favia, so pretty!

sorry about your cat. poor kitteh. :(

Thank you!!!! Yep...that's it :)

More pics of it......I swear I'm HOOKED on these things now :wub:. My new favorite coral. I need more LOL.

IMG_8724_zpsb455e03e.jpg

IMG_8726_zps427eb2d5.jpg

Great looking coral!

Sorry to hear about your cat. I hope it gets better.

Thanks, Mr. M!!!!

Yeah, she's pretty resilient. Though she has to be getting REALLY close to number 9 (9 lives). I couldn't find her ANYWHERE in the house. Looked in all the usual places. Then it dawned on me to look outside. She made it out the doggie door. She's such a trooper.

IMG_3223_zps1f5cec82.jpg

Medicine is in her now fingerscrossed.

Oh...forgot to mention. I MIGHT have my Sunburst Anthias tomorrow. He's picking one up for me today if they have it :happydance:.

Thank you :happy: Thank you!!!! Yep...that's it :) More pics of it......I swear I'm HOOKED on these things now :wub:. My new favorite coral. I need more LOL.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8724_zpsb455e03e.jpg.html'>IMG_8724_zpsb455e03e.jpghttp://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8726_zps427eb2d5.jpg.html'>IMG_8726_zps427eb2d5.jpg Thanks, Mr. M!!!!Yeah, she's pretty resilient. Though she has to be getting REALLY close to number 9 (9 lives). I couldn't find her ANYWHERE in the house. Looked in all the usual places. Then it dawned on me to look outside. She made it out the doggie door. She's such a trooper.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_3223_zps1f5cec82.jpg.html'>IMG_3223_zps1f5cec82.jpgMedicine is in her now fingerscrossed.Oh...forgot to mention. I MIGHT have my Sunburst Anthias tomorrow. He's picking one up for me today if they have it :happydance:.

Basking in the sun.....some of the best medicine there is.

Nice meat, G! Lawn should have his radar going off.

Good luck on the fish!

Basking in the sun.....some of the best medicine there is. Nice meat, G! Lawn should have his radar going off. Good luck on the fish!

Thanks, D!!!! I've always loved the looks of these and can't believe I finally have one :happydance:.

i have never heard of a meat coral but she

is pretty nifty! LPS, i'm assuming??

gena, how shy is your firefish? i'm thinking

of getting one, as i think i lost my rainfordi. :(

she has not come out today at all. very sad.

i have never heard of a meat coral but she

is pretty nifty! LPS, i'm assuming??

gena, how shy is your firefish? i'm thinking

of getting one, as i think i lost my rainfordi. :(

she has not come out today at all. very sad.

Bummer, sorry :(. The firefish is out most of the day. If I move to quickly near the tank it will dart into the rocks. The FF before this one would hide most of the day. I think it depends on the fish. I've heard the helfrichi FF don't hide at all. But they are more pricey. But they are also gorgeous :).

Yep...meat coral is LPS. Cynarina is the "real" name. I've heard them called donuts, meat coral, button coral,etc. A thousand names for one awesome coral :happy:.

hm, sorry to hear about your kitty. Glad to hear she's having a long life with you though. like that favia! perfect for your tank and the meat coral as well.

Sorry about your kitty, hopefully the medicine helps.

Your tank is looking awesome. Firefish and pink streaked wrasse.... hmmmmm....

Thanks!!!! Those two fish will get along great :).

i see a trend in your fav corals =). first blastos, now cynarina ... i think you like the fluffy stuff =P

This is sooooo true :). My next coral will be a scoly and I have my eye on one at ERC. I just need a coupon code omgomgomg.

Sorry about your cat gena. Fingers crossed that the medication will work.

Stunning pics as always.

Thank you very much :).

hm, sorry to hear about your kitty. Glad to hear she's having a long life with you though. like that favia! perfect for your tank and the meat coral as well.

Thanks, Annette :). I think that's the prettiest freebie I've ever been given :).

I want a cynarina but I don't have any room! Yours looks great!

Thanks!!!!! You can get a mini cynarina ;).

So my cat was blind as a bat this morning. She already has some vision back omgomgomg. It's a miracle :happy:. Still awaiting the blood test results to tell us WHY she has hypertension, but GREAT news for now :).

gena, i love the scolys too! i just don't have

room! so i enable you to get a super pretty one! fingerscrossed

You'll have one in your next tank :). The one I'm looking at is purple and green. Not as fancy as some I've seen but I like the duller colors :D.

That's great news! :D

Yes :). The vet said we should see improvement within a couple of days if it's going to improve. This was fast!!!!! She can't see perfectly, but she can at least see movement, which she couldn't see earlier. And she isn't running into things anymore either. Hopefully it just keeps getting better.

I didn't know this, but you should have your senior cat's blood pressure checked twice yearly, because this is a quite common thing to happen. I didn't know and the vet never suggested we do it which I find interesting :angry:.

Yep...meat coral is LPS. Cynarina is the "real" name. I've heard them called donuts, meat coral, button coral,etc. A thousand names for one awesome coral :happy:.

Alot of "meaty" LPS are called meat corals.... some would consider your weslo to be a meat as well ;)

i love the scolys too!

Also, called meat corals, so are Acantophyllia which are super meaty :)

I love the cynarina Gena, it's beautiful. Definitely on my someday list.

Thank you very much :). It's always been on my list, well ever since I saw squirrelygrrl's, but I finally have one now :happy:.

Sorry to hear about your cat :( hope the meds help out. The cynaria is a beauty don't go getting hooked now :lol:

Thanks, Lawn. So far so good :). It's too late :P. Actually my next coral will be a scoly. Do you know if a scoly can touch the cynarina?

Alot of "meaty" LPS are called meat corals.... some would consider your weslo to be a meat as well ;)

Also, called meat corals, so are Acantophyllia which are super meaty :)

True....maybe I'll refer to the cynarina as my donut coral from now on :).

Went to the LFS today and no sunburst anthias. Hopefully next week :).

Have you ever wondered what it looks like and what goes on under the monticap? There is a ton of space under there that is not usable, but the fish love it :).

PSW and mandarin on the hunt

IMG_8739_zps518bb980.jpg

IMG_8729_zps60b2a406.jpg

IMG_8743_zps126079ed.jpg

i saw a gino meat coral at ASD today!

it looked like yours, GENA, but maybe 5 inches

across? it was fluffy and happy. :D

Awesome! I know they can get huge :scarry::lol:

True....maybe I'll refer to the cynarina as my donut coral from now on :).

Its ok, it is still a meat coral as well so nothing wrong with calling it that, just wanted to let ya know you have a couple nice pieces of meat in there ;)

Beautiful tank BTW :)

Archived