inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Oh yeah....big difference with the good camera. If you click on the photo it makes it bigger too. Anyone familiar with what this is? I was thinking maybe the flow is not enough for it in the middle.

IMG_8631_zpsd3bbef9b.jpg

params seem fine. alk 9.3 dKH, ca 440, mg. 1350 just tested today.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty birdsnest. I have a brown one on a frag rack that has the same growth pattern but has refused to color up. The two birds I'm missing are the purple polyp pink and the thick branch pink.

I agree with Ben, it's probably flow, though it could be some bizarre way of reproduction. Is the branch weak where the bubble was? Seriatopora are sneaky and find all kinds of ways to spread around. They can also do polyp bailout similar to poci, though not as common.

So many tanks to remember... Lawn is getting a 36" tank now... Gosh keeping up with nr is harder the. Keeping up with the kardashians

More than likely needs more flow going to it, as it gets larger it blocks water flow with the outer branches.

That's a pretty birdsnest. I have a brown one on a frag rack that has the same growth pattern but has refused to color up. The two birds I'm missing are the purple polyp pink and the thick branch pink.

I agree with Ben, it's probably flow, though it could be some bizarre way of reproduction. Is the branch weak where the bubble was? Seriatopora are sneaky and find all kinds of ways to spread around. They can also do polyp bailout similar to poci, though not as common.

Yeah, I was thinking it's probably flow. I hope that Gyre comes out soon because I don't want to spend the money on another mp10. I'd rather try something new.

I really like that birdsnest and don't want to lose it, but if I do it's not the end of the world because I need to move my gold clam and that would be a great spot for it :lol:. I'll just keep watching the bird. It doesn't seem to be getting better and seems to be spreading more, although very slowly, so who knows. I'm not going to freak out about it though. I may even frag it up and take it to the LFS. Save a small piece for myself.

jedimasterben

Yeah, I was thinking it's probably flow. I hope that Gyre comes out soon because I don't want to spend the money on another mp10. I'd rather try something new.

It's still several weeks out for the final versions.

Sorry about the bird :(

It's so purdy. SPS are such a PITA.

Thanks, M :flower:

They are big old PITAs :lol:

It's still several weeks out for the final versions.

I'm totally gonna buy one when they are available :).

Well, le purdy pink bird is no longer an issue. It should come as no surprise, to some of you, that I already took it out :lol:. When I put my mind to something..........

It turned out just fine too. I'm ok with how it looks. It really needed to be done. Something DID have to go and I think that was the best choice. I'm so attached to everything else.

Both clams moved to the left and the rock that had the pink bird was broken into a couple of pieces and moved to the right, along with the other rock it was with. I was able to break off the part of the rock that had the bryopsis too :). So now all SPS are together on the right side. I have the red digi, spongodes, green slimer, and a blue acro freebie from Glenn. It's a really pretty baby blue color. I'm not a huge fan of acros so we'll see if I keep it or not. I may want another pink SPS in that spot. Thinking about a bright pink stylophora. I like the shape of the growth on those :).

Here's the new look :happy:.

IMG_8637_zpscc71e7c1.jpg

IMG_8638_zpsbc47a47c.jpg

My clams have some breathing room again and the gold is no longer getting shaded :D.

and...if anyone wants some free birdsnest frags, they are at Scales 'n Tails in Burbank, CA ;)

I figured you traded the Bnest for a baby Kole......

hah...nope. I did have a small kole in my Live Aquaria cart yesterday though :lol:. Didn't buy it. I remember why I chickened out the last time....I read they can nip at clams. But I know several people that keep them with clams and no troubles. I may just go for it this time.
hah...nope. I did have a small kole in my Live Aquaria cart yesterday though :lol:. Didn't buy it. I remember why I chickened out the last time....I read they can nip at clams. But I know several people that keep them with clams and no troubles. I may just go for it this time.

I don't have a clam...but if I did, I'm sure mine would leave it alone. :^ )

love all the open space! i really need to do that to my tank. i cant even see sand anymore...

Thanks! It is a nice feeling when you can clear the sandbed :).

Here's the top down with the new arrangement as well. Grabbed this one when I fed the fish this evening so it's a bit dark.

IMG_8640_zpsb2d712f0.jpg

Damn...those montis look great....and your clam is huge! Is that one from Vivid?

Thanks, D :). The littler clam is from Vivid. The big one came from Pacific East Aquaculture. I've had both now over a year. They are doing great but I'm always picking bubble algae off of the shells :angry:. The little one needs a cleaning pretty badly right now.

yeah, I agree with you on some open space. I removed the big right rock in my 34 downstairs to make room for the rbtra and I gave my gsp rock away that was hiding in the left back and put all but 2 acans on acan landing and I already like the more open look.

Thanks, D :). The littler clam is from Vivid. The big one came from Pacific East Aquaculture. I've had both now over a year. They are doing great but I'm always picking bubble algae off of the shells :angry:. The little one needs a cleaning pretty badly right now.

How big was the big guy when you got it?

How big was the big guy when you got it?

I don't remember. Closer to 3" though. Here's around when I first got it. You can compare it's size to the open brain coral from back then, to now :).

Then:

102213no4_zpse2fae9c3.jpg

Now:

IMG_8640_zpsb2d712f0.jpg

your montis belong on a magazine cover!!

Archived