inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

My only worry with them is if they would crawl up and clog my mame. I had a cerith do that the other week mame didn't fail but I had a ,wtf how did you even get there?, moment.

That would be bad! I think I'm ok with my overflow. I don't think he's big enough to cover the whole thing at one time...at least I hope not LOL.

I love All in the Family, Archie was so hilarious and listening to what they brought up as social, political, religious, issues.....it's all still here, just a different year.

I need to watch that again. We watched that show too when I was a kid. Wasn't it on Sundays? I need to watch it again because all that politcal/social stuff went over my head back then :lol:.

New page....gonna bring Fred Sanford to this page :lol:

IMG_8578_zpsdb90bbbf.jpg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's so pretty Gena- tuxedo urchin, right?

Yes :). They had 3 types of urchins to choose from. Pencil urchin, long spine, and the one I went with which I guess is a type of pincushion urchin, which is what I asked for.

It's FRIDAY!!!!!! omgomgomg

Water changing day :happydance:. Filling the bucket with RO/DI right now :).

Fred didn't venture but an inch last night but look at all the "junk" he's collected!

IMG_8582_zps95321a1b.jpg

My pincushion turned out being the spiny coralline purple one and then I love the nano-sea egg, the whitish one. I always am satisfied w/ anything I get there so far.

My pincushion turned out being the spiny coralline purple one and then I love the nano-sea egg, the whitish one. I always am satisfied w/ anything I get there so far.

I've had both of those :). Is yours very active? Mine isn't. Not sure if I should be concerned or not. He seems awfully sluggish. Hasn't left that same rock I placed him on. He's still holding his "junk" though :D.

Love your new avatar :wub:.

Love the new urchin! I want a blue tuxedo one for my PiCo 20.

I hope this one perks up a bit. Oh....I ended up pitching that red with blue face blasto :(. To ease my pain I have a cart waiting for me at Tidal Gardens filled with a couple of merlettis. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

man this thread gets too many posts too quickly! each time I visit it's gained like ten more pages!

Your fish look nice and chubby Gena :)

your urchin is so cute! also from the previous page w/ the goby...i love that open brain coral so much.

also, not specific to anything recently posted but i think your tank is my favorite one i've seen. your TOTM profile w/ the video set to future islands was how i convinced my dude that having an aquarium could be cool.

Gena, both of mine are active, they're all over the tank. The purple one has his array of junk and the sea egg doesn't carry anything.

Thanks about the pic- After I got a trim and highlights (yey, for the first time!) I had to get a new pic. I hadn't changed my FB avatar since I started. The weather was cool and I now know that from no on I just need to get a selfie done outside in natural light.

man this thread gets too many posts too quickly! each time I visit it's gained like ten more pages!

Your fish look nice and chubby Gena :)

Thanks...maybe you need to visit more often ;). :flower:

your urchin is so cute! also from the previous page w/ the goby...i love that open brain coral so much.

also, not specific to anything recently posted but i think your tank is my favorite one i've seen. your TOTM profile w/ the video set to future islands was how i convinced my dude that having an aquarium could be cool.

Wow...thank you so much :happy:!!!! That open brain has been with me a long time now. It's been through two tank upgrades and still going strong :). It used to host my b/w clownfish the first year I had it :).

4-18-12no4.jpg

Gena, both of mine are active, they're all over the tank. The purple one has his array of junk and the sea egg doesn't carry anything.

Thanks about the pic- After I got a trim and highlights (yey, for the first time!) I had to get a new pic. I hadn't changed my FB avatar since I started. The weather was cool and I now know that from no on I just need to get a selfie done outside in natural light.

I think Fred is ok. He's still moving and still collecting but just not too fast. He must have arthritis :lol:

Here he is today

IMG_8595_zps7261ac9d.jpg

I love your hair!!!! Looks gorgeous!!!!

=(

Yeah and my red from UC has a lighter spot on one side of the flesh. I think blastos hate me :tears:. Or maybe just the fancy ones. The others are all popping out new heads though :happydance:.

I think I may have to seriously start to consider removing the green slimer. The tip is now touching the purple cap at the top and they are warring. Not sure what to do but removing the slimer is probably the way to go.

See the slime?

IMG_8591_zpscaf3d983.jpg

And see the base? It's constantly fighting for it's life and I think that's why it has never really grown well for me.

Love Fred, they're awesome little guys! Sorry about the blastos.....those seem to be the one thing that do well in my nasty tank.

What's your secret? I have 3 different ones that are popping out new heads so I'm not feeling too discouraged. I'm really sad I lost that one from Glenn though.
What's your secret? I have 3 different ones that are popping out new heads so I'm not feeling too discouraged. I'm really sad I lost that one from Glenn though.

High nutrients, seldom timely water changes and I spot feed them every couple of weeks....moderate light. Basic neglect is what I'm trying to say. Surprised Coral Protection Services hasn't shown up on my door to place them in a more suitable home.

I've had both of those :). Is yours very active? Mine isn't. Not sure if I should be concerned or not. He seems awfully sluggish. Hasn't left that same rock I placed him on. He's still holding his "junk" though :D.

Love your new avatar :wub:.

I hope this one perks up a bit. Oh....I ended up pitching that red with blue face blasto :(. To ease my pain I have a cart waiting for me at Tidal Gardens filled with a couple of merlettis. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

UIgh, that sucks about the blasto. This hobby can be depressing. But, retail therapy usually helps with that. :D

High nutrients, seldom timely water changes and I spot feed them every couple of weeks....moderate light. Basic neglect is what I'm trying to say. Surprised Coral Protection Services hasn't shown up on my door to place them in a more suitable home.

I'm going to start neglecting my LPS :).

Too funny Coral Protection Services :lol:

UIgh, that sucks about the blasto. This hobby can be depressing. But, retail therapy usually helps with that. :D

I still haven't checked out :lol:.

I said I needed to seriously consider removing the slimer. Well, I did that today. Boy was that stem TOUGH! Took a lot of strength to cut it with the bone cutters. It's sitting on a frag tile on the sand. Really not much of a difference in how the tank looks with it removed. And there is still some encrustings up there on the monti..have to see if it starts to grow again. The piece I cut off was larger than I thought. It looked so small up on top of the monticap. But it's really big and surprisingly heavy.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8608_zps49a6a17e.jpg.html'>IMG_8608_zps49a6a17e.jpg

i like it alot more without the slimer. nothing to take away from those montis

Agreed :). The purple has the green light now to grow and spiral up there!

Slimer can take care of itself. :) Maybe mount behind bird and let it grow up? That cap is huuuge, the pic with the iv really showed just how big it is. Awesome.

yep, I like it too.

Thanks, Annette!!! How'd the hair go today? :)

Slimer can take care of itself. :) Maybe mount behind bird and let it grow up? That cap is huuuge, the pic with the iv really showed just how big it is. Awesome.

You should have seen all the slime when I cut it earlier today :lol:. It cleared up pretty fast though. I actually have a blue acro and a spongodes back there so no room for the slimer. Not sure what I'll do with it. Just going to leave it on the sand for now though :).

Yeah...the caps are ginormous. Dosing has done wonders for the whole tank :lol:.

Mr. Microscope

Hey Gena!

Just caught up on your thread (and liked about 50 posts, sorry, lol). I'm glad you moved the stag. I'm sure it will do much better elsewhere. Your caps are looking amazing. Have your neon gobies laid fry yet? That female looked pretty pregnant a few pages ago.

Ha, not as pretty as they made it for me on Saturday.

Always the case for me too :).

That's a lot of fish food. Best of luck. Can't wait to see the photo. That pink birdnest is a star.

Thanks, Marie!!!! Still waiting to hear :happydance:

yeah, that pink birdsnest is one of my favorites! I've always been a huge fan of the pink bird. Probably my favorite SPS and I'm not a huge fan of SPS at all :lol:. The pink bird has it all, color and shape. Acros are my least favorite :).

Hey Gena!

Just caught up on your thread (and liked about 50 posts, sorry, lol). I'm glad you moved the stag. I'm sure it will do much better elsewhere. Your caps are looking amazing. Have your neon gobies laid fry yet? That female looked pretty pregnant a few pages ago.

thanks for the likes :). So far it's doing just fine down on the sand where I think it will stay for a while :).

The gobies have had fry. But I haven't noticed lately. She's always fat though so the fry are probably hatching in the middle of the night. A few months back they were hatching around dusk and I could see them plain as day swimming around the tank. They were always gone by the morning though. The fish had a feast :(:lol:.

Archived