Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

What? That's crazy. It does look like their usual pom poms. I wonder if she dropped it in your tank and it survived somehow and she just found it again? Did either of them have at least one pom left? They can split them if they lose one.

They haven't had them since they were in the NC12!!!! When I got her she arrived from Live Aquaria with no poms (they refunded me for that when I complained LOL) so I got her a mate from my LFS that had two poms. They fought over them the same day and both poms disappeared never to be seen again. Now at least two years and 2 tank upgrades later, she's carrying them. I'll have to see if he's got anything. I'm completely stumped :lol:.
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They haven't had them since they were in the NC12!!!! When I got her she arrived from Live Aquaria with no poms (they refunded me for that when I complained LOL) so I got her a mate from my LFS that had two poms. They fought over them the same day and both poms disappeared never to be seen again. Now at least two years and 2 tank upgrades later, she's carrying them. I'll have to see if he's got anything. I'm completely stumped :lol:.

Maybe she put them down somewhere and waited for them to split. Who knows? Very interesting though.

I just went to look for the male and I don't see him. I'll have to look tomorrow. I don't think I have any of the original rock but I do have some corals that were in the NC12 in this tank. Who knows. I'm really wondering if they can grow them themselves though. Is it even possible? Soooo bizarre :).

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It's been unbelievably hot here. The outside thermometer was reading 109 but I don't think that was the official high, but that's what my old old old thermometer was telling me LOL. Whatever...it's way too hot here right now and not cooling down for at least 3 more days. Thank goodness for A/C!

Wow, bizarre. What kind of nems are these anyway that remain so tiny and small? Maybe they do grow them themselves, maybe it just takes longer than all the moltings they go though over the course of a year? Cool, anyways. What an awesome surprise. And I agree, I think there's some kind of magic she has over this tank!

Wow, bizarre. What kind of nems are these anyway that remain so tiny and small? Maybe they do grow them themselves, maybe it just takes longer than all the moltings they go though over the course of a year? Cool, anyways. What an awesome surprise. And I agree, I think there's some kind of magic she has over this tank!

I don't know what kind they are. I don't think anyone knows. That's why I think they grow them from their tiny little claws themselves LOL. Unless I really do do some voodoo on this tank :lol:.

A photoless page omgomgomg:D.

Bogart was out and about being cute this morning. Actually he was begging for food, I think.

IMG_8501_zpsd0f2b396.jpg

IMG_8503_zpsf42560b6.jpg

IMG_8504_zps3d08d415.jpg

IMG_8508_zpsd12a4689.jpg

Not much new here. I think I'm down a fish. My hiding FF has been hiding much too long. Haven't seen him come out for food. I'm pretty sure he's gone. That was my original FF. I guess trying to pair two FF wasn't too successful for me. But I have seen it done before. Oh well...I tried :).

Bogart is so cute! I'm glad you've had such success keeping him fat and healthy. Sorry to hear about the firefish though. Fish are so stressful sometimes. Maybe it will surprise you and reappear.

Bogart looks good. Wish I could get a nice photo of my Mandarin. I only have iPhone photos.

Sorry about your Firefish. One of those Clownfish has looks kinda guilty! I bet he knows what is up!

David

A photoless page omgomgomg:D.

Bogart was out and about being cute this morning. Actually he was begging for food, I think.

IMG_8501_zpsd0f2b396.jpg

IMG_8503_zpsf42560b6.jpg

IMG_8504_zps3d08d415.jpg

IMG_8508_zpsd12a4689.jpg

Not much new here. I think I'm down a fish. My hiding FF has been hiding much too long. Haven't seen him come out for food. I'm pretty sure he's gone. That was my original FF. I guess trying to pair two FF wasn't too successful for me. But I have seen it done before. Oh well...I tried :).

Bogart is so pretty! And such great pictures! I may have to get a real camera one day soon...

In other news, you know I'm obsessed with your montipora… Are you posting that picture just to taunt me? ;) I may or may not have placed an order with Legendary Corals, and I may or may not have a few little monti frags of my own on the way. :ninja::haha:

Bogart is so cute! I'm glad you've had such success keeping him fat and healthy. Sorry to hear about the firefish though. Fish are so stressful sometimes. Maybe it will surprise you and reappear.

Thanks, Felicia!!!! I'm not holding out hope but I suppose you never know :). Did your leopard wrasse make an appearance yet? Oh...my brother is in San Francisco right now. Flew in today for a conference. He's walking to the wharf right now for dungennes crab. I'm jealous :). I should tell him about the place you and Z went to :).

Bogart looks good. Wish I could get a nice photo of my Mandarin. I only have iPhone photos.

Sorry about your Firefish. One of those Clownfish has looks kinda guilty! I bet he knows what is up!

David

Thanks, David! You're right...they do look guilty :lol: Seriously...the female was a biotch to him. I'm sure she is responsible for his decline.

Just wanted to say you have an amazing tank and your photography skills are second to none.

Wow! Thank you very much!!!! :)

Bogart is so pretty! And such great pictures! I may have to get a real camera one day soon...

In other news, you know I'm obsessed with your montipora… Are you posting that picture just to taunt me? ;) I may or may not have placed an order with Legendary Corals, and I may or may not have a few little monti frags of my own on the way. :ninja::haha:

Yes! :lol:....ok, no. I just like taking photos of the montis :D. Wooohooo LC....so awesome :happydance:.

Oh fun! I hope your brother has a fun time in San Fran! Its such a fun city :) Dungeness crab here is so fresh and delicious, so good choice. Eddie's not a fan of seafood unfortunately :lol:

Aww, sorry about the firefish :( Felicia said it, fish can be so stressful. I'm starting to think my PicO will be just coral for now. But, maybe if I had someone like Bogart... :lol: mandies are so pretty.

20140907_143257.jpg

So Sik M!

Damn Gena, your blasto collection looks fantastic! Cant believe how quick you acquired all those. You don't mess around once you decide something, lol

All your delish food pics are making my stomach growl right now. Guess i should log out and go hunt down some good eats :)

I'm really happy that I stumbled upon the grandis paly on Woos Aquatics because I have been so envious of yours for the past year or more. You just don't see them frequently. I'm sooo glad I have one too.

Aww, sorry about the firefish :( Felicia said it, fish can be so stressful. I'm starting to think my PicO will be just coral for now. But, maybe if I had someone like Bogart... :lol: mandies are so pretty.

Yeah, it's a bummer. Never fun to lose something like that. I've always said, fish are a PITA :lol:.

So Sik M!

Damn Gena, your blasto collection looks fantastic! Cant believe how quick you acquired all those. You don't mess around once you decide something, lol

All your delish food pics are making my stomach growl right now. Guess i should log out and go hunt down some good eats :)

Love those merlettis!!!!!

Yeah...I have bad habits like that. My husband reminds me of this all the time :lol:.

I'm really happy that I stumbled upon the grandis paly on Woos Aquatics because I have been so envious of yours for the past year or more. You just don't see them frequently. I'm sooo glad I have one too.

Me too...so happy for you :happydance:. They are awesome :).

I know it's not a new page, but I took a few photos today. I've been slacking on cleaning the glass lately and finally did it today so I took a picture because it looked so nice. I sent it to my brother who hasn't seen my tank for awhile and he couldn't get over how big the monticaps have gotten. They really have :lol:. I sooo love them though. Just gonna keep letting them grow :).

Here's the female neon goby. I don't know how much longer I'll have my neon pair. I know they don't live that long and it makes me sad to think they won't always be with me. I just have to enjoy and appreciate them everyday while I still have them :).

IMG_8525_zps9954a191.jpg

Same with this little masked goby.

IMG_8523_zpsb18d05d5.jpg

IMG_8532_zps7c07281a.jpg

So do the monticaps touch the back wall? I can't tell the distance. And what happens when they hit the glass on the left side, do they just go up the glass?

So do the monticaps touch the back wall? I can't tell the distance. And what happens when they hit the glass on the left side, do they just go up the glass?

So far at the very back middle, it's touching. But just barely. Not sure what the growth pattern will be like once it really takes hold on the glass. Should be interesting :).

Food and puppies???????

For David....this is my own concoction. It's baby spinach, cucumbers, Fuji apples, cilantro, sliced toasted almonds, dried cranberries, white cheddar cheese, sprinkled with dried dill and topped with my favorite Italian Dressing.....TDF!!!!! I highly recommend it :).

IMG_8536_zpsc8fc8069.jpg

And...Chloe went to the beauty parlor today and was looking extra cute and fluffy so I snapped some pictures. Apparently I'm terrible at taking puppy pictures (where's ninja????). They are all blurry :lol:.

IMG_8533_zps99e5cde6.jpg

Yes, she smiles all the time :)

IMG_8535_zps8313182f.jpg

IMG_8534_zps06704e2b.jpg

long day :happy:

IMG_8538_zps7a134403.jpg

Wow, you can tell just how much happier Chloe is. Not to mention, whiter????? So glad her eye operation went so very well. She just looks spunky!

Wow, you can tell just how much happier Chloe is. Not to mention, whiter????? So glad her eye operation went so very well. She just looks spunky!

She always looks so white after her grooming. It will last about a week...maybe :). Yeah, she's 20/20 vision now according to her Dr. And down to every other day with eye drops :).

Archived