SaltCritters.com

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

I need to stay out of your thread. I'm dieting right now and you guys talk about food WAY too much. Omg that crumble... I'm doing an all protein and veggies diet, basically very Paleo. I can have any meat, veggies, nuts and sunflower seeds, and cheese and that's all. No sugar and no carbs. I have such a sweet tooth so its so hard! Trying to get back in shape :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to stay out of your thread. I'm dieting right now and you guys talk about food WAY too much. Omg that crumble... I'm doing an all protein and veggies diet, basically very Paleo. I can have any meat, veggies, nuts and sunflower seeds, and cheese and that's all. No sugar and no carbs. I have such a sweet tooth so its so hard! Trying to get back in shape :)

Cool beans, though beans I can't have right now because I'm doing the Whole30. Detox for your body, no alcohol, no legumes, no dairy except eggs and clarified butter which is easy to make, no grains, no sugar or natural items like honey or stevia, splenda, just as much organic meat as you can, veggies, some fruits and healthy fat- avocado, sunflower, ghee, coconut oil and sugar free bacon.

If you haven't read it a great book is It Starts with Food- totally makes you rethink in a fun way, the food we eat and they have website too Whole30. I've been kinda doing it for like 2 wks prior to my vacation last week as I was getting rid of stuff in my house and buying new things but it's hard to do that at the beach, and so I started up again Sun night after some hard drinking Sat night. I can say that I lost 7 lbs w/o trying and gained 3 back at the beach. But my mind has been clearer, no reason for mid morning or afternoon snack/sweet attack or same in the evening and I'm eating 3 large meals. I'm not hungry and lost any cravings for sugar, thank God, esp after that weekend I ate 6 nutty buddy bars in one sitting.

After the 30 days is up, or 60, don't know how long I want to do that, you're supposed to them bring in some things to reintroduce and see how your body feels. It's amazing how many people can rid themselves of type II diabetes medicine, bp, joint aches, headaches, etc. I'll probably then go 90-95% paleo because I like what I'm seeing and already made some awesome fudge bars made of coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla, and it didn't taste like a maply coconut, just like a fudgcicle but less sugar.

Of course they are still alive.....you are better than you think :lol:. Try putting the superman in lower light. I have a feeling it was getting too much light in my tank.

/quote]

....Uh oh, it's about 3" below the waterline B)

Cool beans, though beans I can't have right now because I'm doing the Whole30. Detox for your body, no alcohol, no legumes, no dairy except eggs and clarified butter which is easy to make, no grains, no sugar or natural items like honey or stevia, splenda, just as much organic meat as you can, veggies, some fruits and healthy fat- avocado, sunflower, ghee, coconut oil and sugar free bacon.

If you haven't read it a great book is It Starts with Food- totally makes you rethink in a fun way, the food we eat and they have website too Whole30. I've been kinda doing it for like 2 wks prior to my vacation last week as I was getting rid of stuff in my house and buying new things but it's hard to do that at the beach, and so I started up again Sun night after some hard drinking Sat night. I can say that I lost 7 lbs w/o trying and gained 3 back at the beach. But my mind has been clearer, no reason for mid morning or afternoon snack/sweet attack or same in the evening and I'm eating 3 large meals. I'm not hungry and lost any cravings for sugar, thank God, esp after that weekend I ate 6 nutty buddy bars in one sitting.

After the 30 days is up, or 60, don't know how long I want to do that, you're supposed to them bring in some things to reintroduce and see how your body feels. It's amazing how many people can rid themselves of type II diabetes medicine, bp, joint aches, headaches, etc. I'll probably then go 90-95% paleo because I like what I'm seeing and already made some awesome fudge bars made of coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla, and it didn't taste like a maply coconut, just like a fudgcicle but less sugar.

Nice! Sounds pretty similar to what I'm doing. The program I'm doing is called Personal Trainer food and its nice because they send you a whole month of frozen food. So I have individual servings of meat and veggies, so for each meal, I select one meat and one veggie blend and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and that's it. It makes life super easy since I'm usually cooking for just one person and that's a lot of work. I make my own breakfast of eggs and turkey sausage, then lunch and dinner are a meat and a veggie. I can also have 2 snacks a day of things like cheese, sunflower seeds, and nuts. I can also cook fresh meat and veggies when I feel like it instead of always eating the frozen food. Tonight I made fresh shrimp scampi with garlic, butter, and parmesan and then had fresh asparagus.

I did this diet a little after new years for 2 months and lost 20 lbs. I then worked back in a small quantity of sugar and carbs so it would be sustainable and healthy. Now I decided to do it again for a month to lose the last 10 lbs I'd like to lose. Then I'll go back to maintaining with a smaller quantity of sugar and carbs than I used to eat.

That's great Felicia- congrats on that weightloss.

ha! Pancetta you're good, it doesn't even make me flinch now. I haven't convulsed or anything yet. Except I did put my feet in an epsom salt bath which is supposed to help detox you. But I do know one thing, my body is regenerating quickly, burned at the beach Tues- Fri, faced already started peeling Saturday, now my back and arms are done, now my legs itch so they're next.

One yummy breakfast was taking prosciutto (or was it pancetta?) whichever the thin one is, and forming it into a large muffin tin, then breaking an egg or 2 in it and baking it. It's in it's own yummy cup!!!!

Crumble turned out good! This one is being consumed now!

image_zps63b85fba.jpg

Baked these then did a water change. Still fighting hair algae so I am doing 2 water changes a week.

Oh...looks good! No dessert here. We did pick up these inside out carrot cake cookies from Trader Joe's....OMG...soo good. Finished them off a couple of days ago though.

....Uh oh, it's about 3" below the waterline B)

See how it does. If it doesn't color up, move it to lower light :).

Nice! Sounds pretty similar to what I'm doing. The program I'm doing is called Personal Trainer food and its nice because they send you a whole month of frozen food. So I have individual servings of meat and veggies, so for each meal, I select one meat and one veggie blend and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and that's it. It makes life super easy since I'm usually cooking for just one person and that's a lot of work. I make my own breakfast of eggs and turkey sausage, then lunch and dinner are a meat and a veggie. I can also have 2 snacks a day of things like cheese, sunflower seeds, and nuts. I can also cook fresh meat and veggies when I feel like it instead of always eating the frozen food. Tonight I made fresh shrimp scampi with garlic, butter, and parmesan and then had fresh asparagus.

I did this diet a little after new years for 2 months and lost 20 lbs. I then worked back in a small quantity of sugar and carbs so it would be sustainable and healthy. Now I decided to do it again for a month to lose the last 10 lbs I'd like to lose. Then I'll go back to maintaining with a smaller quantity of sugar and carbs than I used to eat.

I got rid of my microwave 5 years ago. Don't even miss it :).

Uuuuuggghhhh...................gee, sorry. So many diets?! Perhaps this is a better photo to post?

image_zps523159fa.jpg

Never been very good at diets myself. I mean other than liquid ones ;)

David

I'm not dieting. I don't go overboard with meals and I make sure to exercise daily. I used to not exercise...until I hit 40...good grief. Things really do change when you hit 40 LOL. I've always been a healthy eater though. Not a lot of sugar in my diet. I do indulge over the weekends though...just a little bit :).

I made chili tonight with green peppers and tomatoes from the garden. It was delicious!

That's great Felicia- congrats on that weightloss.

ha! Pancetta you're good, it doesn't even make me flinch now. I haven't convulsed or anything yet. Except I did put my feet in an epsom salt bath which is supposed to help detox you. But I do know one thing, my body is regenerating quickly, burned at the beach Tues- Fri, faced already started peeling Saturday, now my back and arms are done, now my legs itch so they're next.

One yummy breakfast was taking prosciutto (or was it pancetta?) whichever the thin one is, and forming it into a large muffin tin, then breaking an egg or 2 in it and baking it. It's in it's own yummy cup!!!!

I bet it's prosciutto. I'm gonna have to try this egg dish...wow. Sounds great!!!!!

Annette,

It is Prosciutto. Prosciutto is cured ham, usually sliced thin. Pancetta is Italian bacon.

It usually sold sliced into rounds.

Sounds like a nice breakfast. Might have to give it a try.

Gena,

Exercising everyday is a good plan. I used to take a walk every afternoon. Got to get back in that habit.

David

Uuuuuggghhhh...................gee, sorry. So many diets?! Perhaps this is a better photo to post?

image_zps523159fa.jpg

Never been very good at diets myself. I mean other than liquid ones ;)

David

M<an thos look tasty are they fresh form garden

Yes. That is about half of the cherry tomato harvest my wife and son did yesterday.

We are also growing San Marzano tomatoes for making sauce.

Ok i am jealous Heer in Tempe all mine fired to a crisp this year i got like 3 cherry tomatoes out of it

Gena,

Exercising everyday is a good plan. I used to take a walk every afternoon. Got to get back in that habit.

David

I walk every day and do yoga. My husband keeps trying to get me to do the little weights again (he lifts). Kinda gave that up. Maybe I'll start up again :). I don't want huge muscles, just some toning.

My vegetable garden is winding down :(. This stupid hot heat isn't helping. 100s the next 6 or so days in a row OMG!

Guess I need to take some tank photos :).

Yea, I need to do weights. My wife joined a gym and I think I will have to do the same.

Our garden is winding down too. It has been tough with the drought. Our yard is all brown.

We are going to replace the entire front yard with a drought resistant grass this fall.

Yea, I need to do weights. My wife joined a gym and I think I will have to do the same.

Our garden is winding down too. It has been tough with the drought. Our yard is all brown.

We are going to replace the entire front yard with a drought resistant grass this fall.

They still let us water 3x a week so I still have green grass, but the heat is doing a number on the vegetables. Even with watering. They just have a hard time with 100 degree weather! Plus it IS the end of the season :). I'm just not ready to say goodbye to my fresh veggies.

Took some photos. Nothing new has been added. But growth has been amazing. Look how big my squamosa clam is getting! Everthing is getting big. It's pretty neat :).

IMG_8438_zps6e92ccef.jpg

IMG_8437_zpsa2cf377b.jpg

IMG_8436_zps238ef5c1.jpg

IMG_8435_zps8d8c308c.jpg

I have some zoas going through PMS right now :lol:. They do this occasionally. I've learned to leave them be and not panic when this happens. Especially the Emeralds on Fire. They look like they are dying but then come back more beautiful than ever. They are just starting to open back up again from this latest fit. I have no idea what it is. Maybe a shedding thing? My grandis palys do this shedding thing occasionally too. Right now 1/4 of the colony is closed. Again...I've just learned not to panic and keep things status quo during these episodes. Zs and Ps :rolleyes:

Your squami sure has become enormous, and so quickly it seems. Of course every clam looks enormous next to my Lil' Bit. I need to update that thread.

Your squami sure has become enormous, and so quickly it seems. Of course every clam looks enormous next to my Lil' Bit. I need to update that thread.

I love your baby blue clam :). I still would like to add a blue one but...well...yeah. No room :lol:.

Came in to catch up & see lots of food pic, YUM! Also talk about exercising... Way to motivate!!!

Gosh, Gena, your squamosa has gotten huge, but I remember when your lil' one was teenie tiny! It is the same one in this pic, right?

012314no2_zps1b7d857d.jpg

IMG_8438_zps6e92ccef.jpg

IMG_8435_zps8d8c308c.jpg

Stunning! The clam is beautiful and you know I love the montis! Your tank is looking great. My lfs has some tiny little clams. I'll have to take a closer look and see what kind they are. As soon as my light gets here…. Ugh. I have such a list of things I want to add as soon as my light gets here!

Came in to catch up & see lots of food pic, YUM! Also talk about exercising... Way to motivate!!!

Gosh, Gena, your squamosa has gotten huge, but I remember when your lil' one was teenie tiny! It is the same one in this pic, right?

012314no2_zps1b7d857d.jpg

Yep, on the left :). I've had my gold maxima a year (this past August) and this squammie should be a year either this month, Sept, or Oct. Have to look it up as I can't remember now. I remember it was a birthday gift but I got it before my birthday. Probably October. I really love these clams and I hope they continue to do well for me. By the time we move in a few years this tank might just be the monitcaps and the clams at the rate they are growing :lol:.

Stunning! The clam is beautiful and you know I love the montis! Your tank is looking great. My lfs has some tiny little clams. I'll have to take a closer look and see what kind they are. As soon as my light gets here…. Ugh. I have such a list of things I want to add as soon as my light gets here!

Thank you, TL!!!!! You will love having a clam :). When do you expect the light? It took me several weeks to get mine...he's swamped it seems.

Today is water change day. I'm weird...I look forward to doing them LOL. Oh and happy Friday :happydance:.

Yep, on the left :). I've had my gold maxima a year (this past August) and this squammie should be a year either this month, Sept, or Oct. Have to look it up as I can't remember now. I remember it was a birthday gift but I got it before my birthday. Probably October. I really love these clams and I hope they continue to do well for me. By the time we move in a few years this tank might just be the monitcaps and the clams at the rate they are growing :lol:. Thank you, TL!!!!! You will love having a clam :). When do you expect the light? It took me several weeks to get mine...he's swamped it seems.Today is water change day. I'm weird...I look forward to doing them LOL. Oh and happy Friday :happydance:.

The light should be here next week! He's very swamped. But he's been good about keeping me updated too.

I look forward to water change days too! I test all my parameters first so maybe I just like knowing everything is ok.

I look forward to water changes too... :blink: I'll do an extra one too if I'm feeling twitchy lol.

You are even better than me :).

The light should be here next week! He's very swamped. But he's been good about keeping me updated too. I look forward to water change days too! I test all my parameters first so maybe I just like knowing everything is ok.

Wooohooo...it's "next week" :D.

Ok...things that make you go hmmmm!!!!!!

I've had my pompom crabs for over 2 years. They haven't had the poms in about just as long. Occasionally I'd see them pick up a mushroom or something like that as an alternative. WELL.....the female is carrying what looks like her original poms!!!!! How is this possible? Do they grow them themselves????? I'm stumped. It doesn't look like aptasia. It looks exactly like her original poms.

IMG_8448_zps1eac2509.jpg

She's also got a belly full of ripe eggs that I expect will be released this evening or tomorrow evening :). They turn that ivory shade when they are ready to hatch. Otherwise they are bright orange.

What? That's crazy. It does look like their usual pom poms. I wonder if she dropped it in your tank and it survived somehow and she just found it again? Did either of them have at least one pom left? They can split them if they lose one.

I've had my pompom crabs for over 2 years. They haven't had the poms in about just as long. Occasionally I'd see them pick up a mushroom or something like that as an alternative. WELL.....the female is carrying what looks like her original poms!!!!! How is this possible? Do they grow them themselves????? I'm stumped. It doesn't look like aptasia. It looks exactly like her original poms.

it's the magic in this tank.

Archived