Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous. Do you have good luck with Tidal Gardens?

This is my first time ordering...I'll let you know :) I got confirmation of my order and a note saying it's shipping tomorrow for Tuesday deliver :happydance:.

Still no food posts!?? Are you on a diet? David

Nope and not really :P. I'm a lady so I'm always watching what I eat LOL. Yesterday we walked to dinner and stopped off at this place called Rocket Fizz. It's a candy shop. I almost took a photo of the Sea Creature gummy candies I saw, to post on here LOL. They had a seahorse, sea turtle and octopus. I didn't get those though..they looked gross. I did pick up a box of jujyfruits though :wub:. I really haven't had or made anything worthy of posting a photo of lately. Are you back home now???? How'd you like that earthquake???? I texted Felicia and it was scary for her but no damage. Hope the same for you...minus the scary part too :).

Yep, we are back home now. Came back last weekend. Finally have recovered from the jet lag.

Only took my son two days to recover. The wonders of youth!

We felt the quake. Funny thing was we were all awake. My son woke up and wanted to get in our bed.

It did not seem real strong but lasted a while. I was going to get everyone one out of the house if it went on longer.

I need to check in with Felicia. She was "on call" in case our neighbor had trouble with my aquarium while we were away.

BTW, you inspired me. I ordered a Blasto from Unique Corals. Ordered some Zoas too.

David

Hi stranger :) hope everything is ok with the earthquake. Another reason to move back to Indiana ;).

Hi :wub:

Everything is A-OK here...we didn't feel it at all. I know it's just a matter of time though. I'd be ever so grateful if it waited until I get the heck out of here LOL.

Yep, we are back home now. Came back last weekend. Finally have recovered from the jet lag.

Only took my son two days to recover. The wonders of youth!

We felt the quake. Funny thing was we were all awake. My son woke up and wanted to get in our bed.

It did not seem real strong but lasted a while. I was going to get everyone one out of the house if it went on longer.

I need to check in with Felicia. She was "on call" in case our neighbor had trouble with my aquarium while we were away.

BTW, you inspired me. I ordered a Blasto from Unique Corals. Ordered some Zoas too.

David

I really really dislike earthquakes LOL. I was telling Felicia that my dog's were acting weird yesterday. Kind of nervous. Definitely not "normal". I thought to myself then, I wonder if there's an earthquake on the horizon. I doubt they could sense something that far away, but who knows :).

Oh awesome!!!!! I really love the blastos I got from UC. You'll have to post a photo of yours in here since you don't have a tank thread ;).

OK, I get the hint! Going to resume work on the tank thread. Started a Photobucket account while we were in Italy. Now I just need to sort out the macro mode on my wife's camera.

OK, I get the hint! Going to resume work on the tank thread. Started a Photobucket account while we were in Italy. Now I just need to sort out the macro mode on my wife's camera.

:happydance:

I do not like earthquakes either. Everyone of them brings back my memories of the 1989 quake in San Francisco.

Some good, some bad. I still have the utmost respect for the Red Cross.

I really believe animals act odd before they happen. Have seen it happen several times. Although our cats seemed normal last night.

Hi stranger :) hope everything is ok with the earthquake. Another reason to move back to Indiana ;).

But what about the tornadoes :scarry:

BTW she's over 700 miles from the quake, I'm maybe 50, and I barely felt it lol.

But what about the tornadoes :scarry:

BTW she's over 700 miles from the quake, I'm maybe 50, and I barely felt it lol.

My sister is in Bay area (40 mins south of SF), and she said it wasn't tooo bad. I read it hit Napa hardest. If Gena moves to Indiana, it will be closer for me to steal a frag of those montis =P.

Oh god yellow stone park. Jkjk it is extremely unlikely anything will happen n our life times if it does I sure as he'll will give the hell up and just hide in a corner.

Nice new Lobo! Than is really nice and I've been happy with the corals I ordered from him in th past.

Pics?

The lobo will be here tomorrow by 10:30am :D. I made a spot for it to the right of the orange zoanthids in this picture below (against the rock between the clam and the orange zoas). Had to move the large miami vice colony that was sitting there. That colony is now by the gold maxima.

IMG_8297_zps9b20c75c.jpg

Closeup of clammykins :lol:. Too bad you can't see her blue spots very well from this angle.

IMG_8304_zps856f7055.jpg

And finally, the blasto garden.

IMG_8303_zps0a96474c.jpg

But what about the tornadoes :scarry:BTW she's over 700 miles from the quake, I'm maybe 50, and I barely felt it lol.
Indiana rarely has tornados. She will be safe here ;).

My sister is in Bay area (40 mins south of SF), and she said it wasn't tooo bad. I read it hit Napa hardest. If Gena moves to Indiana, it will be closer for me to steal a frag of those montis =P.
The awesome posts just keep coming from you :lol:

Indiana rarely has tornados. She will be safe here ;).

The awesome posts just keep coming from you :lol:

We're not afraid of tornadoes anyways..right Lawn? We like to chase those suckers LOL.

Looks like a bigger tank is in order :^ )

LOL...no way. I'll tear the whole thing down before I upgrade :lol:. I is done :).
We're not afraid of tornadoes anyways..right Lawn? We like to chase those suckers LOL.LOL...no way. I'll tear the whole thing down before I upgrade :lol:. I is done :).

Uhh huh......if you say so. I'll be waiting. :^ )

So I went to go fill the ATO reservoir and I see Mrs. Pom pom crab is sitting in the purple monti-cup :wub:. She's getting ready to release her eggs..always does it at "dusk".

IMG_8317_zpsb198ea33.jpg

NONE of the photos I took came out clear :angry:...so I went back to try again, and look who was in there :lol:

IMG_8320_zps55f6fbc6.jpg

Of course that came out blurry too :lol:

I couldn't try again, he already moved...oh well :).

IMG_8321_zps799a0815.jpg

The tank will get an extra feast tonight :happydance:

And she is releasing them....nom nom nom :D.

IMG_8328_zps3225a15e.jpg

That's so cool! My pom pom has eggs all the time but I've yet to see when she releases them.

You'd tear it down and restart !!!,! D: omg I'd set up a bigger tank first the. Transfer things. Lel just my way of doin it I guess lol

That's so cool! My pom pom has eggs all the time but I've yet to see when she releases them.

If you have lights that dim, check on her right before the lights will be going out. Mine releases them like clockwork :).

How cute, he knows and he's ready waiting for your crab. Ha- it looks like a starry night in there!

It does look starry :).

You'd tear it down and restart !!!,! D: omg I'd set up a bigger tank first the. Transfer things. Lel just my way of doin it I guess lol

Oh no...I'd tear down and be done :lol:. No restart, just done :). I just really wouldn't go out of my way to set up an even larger tank. I can trim things and remove things if necessary. I'm really good at that :D.

Got the lobo today!!!! I ended up putting it in a different location than I had planned. I decided my initial location would be too bright for it. Plus the clearance for coral warfare wasn't enough there...don't want it killing my blastos. So I moved it to the opposite side of that rock. Unfortunately that makes for poor photo taking on that left side of the tank. I'll have to try tomorrow if I get the chance. I'm really happy with the lobo though..it's perfect.

I decided to upgrade my BRS media reactor. It keeps slowing down on me and I'm sure it's stuff clogged in the long rigid tubing which I can't get to at all. So I did a little shopping last night. Purchased a NextReef MR1 Complete with pump. I should have it by Friday. I can really tell a difference when the reactor is working right and when it isn't....maybe this one will even help me with the annoying bubble algae. At least this one will be cleanable :).

Archived