Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on and off about sps. Its such a to-do about keeping them its off putting. But I'm no where near thinking about it.I do have a green ora birdnest that has suffered the pains of my neglect and grown anyway lol. I'm now eye-balling a pink birdnest frag, just waiting to get my auto top off before I start adding more goodies. The monti caps are coming my way too, looking awesome there in yours.

Maybe get some magnetic frag plugs and mount the green slimer on the back?

Great idea, but I don't think I'd like the way it would look. It would throw off the feng shui in my tank :lol:.

I'm on and off about sps. Its such a to-do about keeping them its off putting. But I'm no where near thinking about it.I do have a green ora birdnest that has suffered the pains of my neglect and grown anyway lol. I'm now eye-balling a pink birdnest frag, just waiting to get my auto top off before I start adding more goodies. The monti caps are coming my way too, looking awesome there in yours.

SPS can be so finicky. Even my pink birdsnest has these blister bubbles on it that I'm watching. I did a little research and found other people have had the same issue but no one knows what it is. Something is possibly off with the chemistry. Just not sure what. Or maybe the nutrients are too high in the tank. Clueless over here.

Monticaps have been really easy for me (knock on wood :)).

We have the same taste in SPS G!

I also am not a fan of acros.

You need some Setosa in derr...didja see my sunburst Monti? I will save ya afrag when it grows out ;)

We have the same taste in SPS G!

I also am not a fan of acros.

You need some Setosa in derr...didja see my sunburst Monti? I will save ya afrag when it grows out ;)

We are SPS sistas :happydance:

I just went and looked at it :wub:. Is it a plating monti????? It's gorgeous!

I actually had a setosa for about 2 hours about a year ago :lol:. It died from shipping pretty much right away. I've always like them :).

Snail stacking? (Mr. M will appreciate this photo..even if it's not crabs ;)).

IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpg

That's the fighting conch, nerites, and banded trochus. That poor conch is always carrying so much weight :lol:. He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders :lol:.

We are SPS sistas :happydance:I just went and looked at it :wub:. Is it a plating monti????? It's gorgeous!I actually had a setosa for about 2 hours about a year ago :lol:. It died from shipping pretty much right away. I've always like them :).Snail stacking? (Mr. M will appreciate this photo..even if it's not crabs ;)).http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpg.html'>IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpgThat's the fighting conch, nerites, and banded trochus. That poor conch is always carrying so much weight :lol:. He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders :lol:.

I have setosa!,I will add it when I send ya stuff soon!

Also got some Nemastoma for ya.

The Monti is a plating one....or a Monti Cap.

I have setosa!,I will add it when I send ya stuff soon! Also got some Nemastoma for ya. The Monti is a plating one....or a Monti Cap.

You are awesome! :bowdown: Let me know if there is anything I can send to you!!!!! Out of either of my tanks :). Do you have string of pearls macroalgae? Mine has really started taking off with the new nanobox light. Before too long, I'll be able to send you some of that :).

Your monticap is going to be incredible when it grows out omgomgomg

Thanks G! just got some string of pearls from KG..but another from a different system wouldn't hurt. Can never have too many macros!

my Nemastoma has taken off!!

Well you know me...still into the Z's and P's! :)

Oh also got some Blue Hypnea...looks like Ochtodes but a light blue.

Did ya sell the Razor?

Thanks G! just got some string of pearls from KG..but another from a different system wouldn't hurt. Can never have too many macros!

my Nemastoma has taken off!!

Well you know me...still into the Z's and P's! :)

Oh also got some Blue Hypnea...looks like Ochtodes but a light blue.

Did ya sell the Razor?

Nope...still have the Razor. The nanobox is on my 8g tank :). Ok, so I will round up some Zs and Ps too :).

Snail stacking? (Mr. M will appreciate this photo..even if it's not crabs ;)).

IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpg

That's the fighting conch, nerites, and banded trochus. That poor conch is always carrying so much weight :lol:. He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders :lol:.

One of the coolest pics i've seen in a while! In a hurry to get nowhere fast :lol:

One of the coolest pics i've seen in a while! In a hurry to get nowhere fast :lol:

Your pic of the snails is awesome- good catch!

Thank you both!!!

The urchin is a bust. He isn't touching the caulerpa I wanted him to eat. Now I'm back to thinking about a baby kole tang :lol:. Jack will be happy about that :).

We are SPS sistas :happydance:I just went and looked at it :wub:. Is it a plating monti????? It's gorgeous!I actually had a setosa for about 2 hours about a year ago :lol:. It died from shipping pretty much right away. I've always like them :).Snail stacking? (Mr. M will appreciate this photo..even if it's not crabs ;)).http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpg.html'>IMG_8630_zpsb8c41b7a.jpgThat's the fighting conch, nerites, and banded trochus. That poor conch is always carrying so much weight :lol:. He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders :lol:.
:wub:
Think I should get a kole tang? I'm seriously considering it now. That urchin is good for nothing :lol:.
Why not? I have a yellow tang in my 24x24x12 and it's pretty good size. Looking forward to the 36" length for it soon.

Why not? I have a yellow tang in my 24x24x12 and it's pretty good size. Looking forward to the 36" length for it soon.

I'm kind of at that WTH, just go for it, point with my tank. I'm to the point of having to rearrange things again too. Something has to go but I'm not sure what yet. I have a rock with some bryopsis on it :angry:. And the pink bird that is giving me some trouble is on that same rock. If I lose the bird then I'll remove that whole rock and put the gold clam in that spot. Right now it's almost getting covered by the big clam and the ever-growing open brain coral.

Everything just grows so dang fast in my tank!!!!!! It's kind of a pain in the butt :lol:.

You want it just to have or for algae?

both :)
Really? I thought you loved yours :lol:.

Well, when you think about it.....what do they offer?

Beautiful. ...yes.

Constantly cruising the tank....sure.

Peaceful. ..yep.

Personality. ....ya.

.....don't do it, G.

Well, when you think about it.....what do they offer?

Beautiful. ...yes.

Constantly cruising the tank....sure.

Peaceful. ..yep.

Personality. ....ya.

.....don't do it, G.

:huh:

Well, when you think about it.....what do they offer? Beautiful. ...yes. Constantly cruising the tank....sure. Peaceful. ..yep. Personality. ....ya. .....don't do it, G.

I knew you were being sarcastic :P

I do know that Randi's Kole tang doesn't do a good job w/ eating algae

Yeah, I remember her saying that. I also remember why I decided against one before. I read they can nip at clams. I may just go for it anyways :).

I thought I'd show you guys the birdsnest and what it's doing. In the middle of the colony it is getting these clear bubbles. Then the bubbles go away and it's bleached underneath. But it looks like the polyps are still there and not just skeleton. I took a picture of it just now while feeding the tank. If you can zoom in you can see the clear bubble on the left side of one of the "arms". Are they arms? :lol:. I can't think right now :lol:.

photo....

IMG_3188_zpscb7fae43.jpg

Sorry...just had the cell phone on me to take the photo...maybe I'll try with the good camera!!!!!

Archived