Pod Your Reef

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, TWD was sad. But beautiful in a way. A gentle soul going out in such a peaceful way.

So nothing new here. Just watching things grow. Grow SPS....GROW!!!!! :lol:

IMG_9406_zps5bc90635.jpg

nice blurry shot LOL

IMG_9394_zpsc36d080c.jpg

IMG_9400_zps378dd98d.jpg

IMG_9403_zpsa3fbee8b.jpg

Bogart has lost some weight, and it's all my fault. There are days when he only eats once a day instead of his two meals a day. I need to get better about that so I don't lose him :blush:.

I'm in love with Bogart! :wub:

Any tips/idea on what makes a tank a happy place for a mandarin, other than lots of pods? Like maybe what kind of "landscape" they like? What kinds of places they sleep?

Not that I'm ready to replace Alan right away, but with one less fish, the idea is there...

I'm in love with Bogart! :wub:

Any tips/idea on what makes a tank a happy place for a mandarin, other than lots of pods? Like maybe what kind of "landscape" they like? What kinds of places they sleep?

Not that I'm ready to replace Alan right away, but with one less fish, the idea is there...

They are super high maintenance and I won't ever get another. But I'm enjoying Bogart while I have him :). And you will love the one you get too :D.

Lots of rock to cruise around on is what I recommend. Bogart sleeps on the sand as far as I can tell. Behind the rocks in the back. I think just as natural a tank as you can make with lots of coral and plants and rock to hide in is the best. You have the totally covered with your biocube!!!!!

So I'm doing some tank maintenance today. Mixing water right now because I need to do a scrub down on the squamosa clam. It's got a huge amount of bryopsis growing on it. While I'm at it, I need to rescape. I'm not liking the cluttered look at all. Some things will have to go, I'm afraid. Just haven't decided on what yet. I was thinking the squamosa...but I love it too much to do that YET. So, I've moved the gold clam to an unusual position. I've always kept what Ben told me to do, in the back of my head. Well....I THINK this might work out perfectly. We'll see LOL.

IMG_9408_zps037919ff.jpg

IMG_9409_zps3f2ceff9.jpg

Just have to rework everything else now. I really don't want to get rid of anything but I'll probably have to. I need to stop hoarding corals :lol:.

To be continued.........

fellow coral hoarder!

also, mommy is so busy with her hollywood

gigs she doesn't have as much time for multiple feedings!

wah! :)

just poking in at lunch, and back to revising.

good luck cleaning and rescaping, gena!

Haha, that clam in the middle of a monti bowl is hilarious. Love it! I hope it stays there because that looks too cool.

Nice shots of the leopard and Bogart. Beautiful fish! Hopefully you can fatten Bogart back up again.

fellow coral hoarder!

also, mommy is so busy with her hollywood

gigs she doesn't have as much time for multiple feedings!

wah! :)

just poking in at lunch, and back to revising.

good luck cleaning and rescaping, gena!

Thanks Cindy!!!! :)

Well I have no excuse this week since I haven't worked any acting gigs LOL. It's easy to get lazy in this hobby and usually I'm really good about not doing that.

Haha, that clam in the middle of a monti bowl is hilarious. Love it! I hope it stays there because that looks too cool.

Nice shots of the leopard and Bogart. Beautiful fish! Hopefully you can fatten Bogart back up again.

I think it should be fine up there unless it's too much light! It's definitely getting more than on the sandbed. I REALLY like it up there though :happydance:. Bogart should be fine. He still has a huge appetite. I just need to feed him more than once a day :blush:.

OK......I'm done moving things around. Giselle the squamosa is now clean and pretty again. I only removed one small rock. Lost the spot for my forest fire digitata but hopefully I can find a new spot for it. It's on the frag rack right now. It's not looking that hot because I've banged it up pretty good when I was getting the cardinal fish out of the tank a few weeks back. I broke it and it's been pale and little polyp extension ever since. Hopefully it's going to pull through.

Here's the new arrangement. Not a huge difference, but soooo much better for me. It has some balance again. Can't wait for the acros to grow big and the spongodes too. I really love my SPS pieces :wub:.

IMG_9411_zps132513cf.jpg

IMG_9412_zps5e1135c6.jpg

IMG_9413_zpsfff400d2.jpg

IMG_9414_zpse24c8440.jpg

gena, i'm pretty inherently lazy, so the

fact that i keep up with weekly water changes

says something: that i'm procrastinating from

writing. :lol:

and wait, does the mini tide light support SPS?

but i don't think my water quality is stable enough.

i don't tend to like much of the SPS i see, but i love

your fan corals. :)

eta: the rescaping and scrub down went great!

everything is gorgeous!

Haha, hope the clam likes it. And yay for keeping the squamosa :P

So far so good fingerscrossed. The squamosa loves it's new position...it's getting blasted with more light now :).

gena, i'm pretty inherently lazy, so the

fact that i keep up with weekly water changes

says something: that i'm procrastinating from

writing. :lol:

and wait, does the mini tide light support SPS?

but i don't think my water quality is stable enough.

i don't tend to like much of the SPS i see, but i love

your fan corals. :)

eta: the rescaping and scrub down went great!

everything is gorgeous!

Thanks, Cindy :flower:.

Oh, yes...the tide can handle SPS as far as I know. It gets damn bright LOL.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :happydance:.

IMG_9447_zpse73bbb72.jpg

IMG_9440_zps7801db8c.jpg

Dusk shots and someone is on the prowl :lol:.

Anyone heard of the show called Angie Tribeca? I'll be on that show tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's brand new and not sure if it's even aired yet. From what I'm finding online it's a 2015 release. Looks pretty funny. Stars Rashida Jones and is coexecutive produced by Steve Carell. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll be there tomorrow :happydance:. He was my movie crush a few years ago LOL. Now it's Liam Neeson :D.

The call was for upscale, conservative, attractive 20-50 years old. I submitted. They cast me as a "golfer" :huh:. I don't know the first thing about golf. Should be interesting :lol:.

DUDE. You know you have to Happy Gilmore it. Doooo iitttttt.

Ha! oh my god.

So awesome you're getting very diverse roles in a short period of time. What an awesome opp. Hope you see your hot throb.

Bummer...just called my call tape and the shoot is 30 miles away :(. It was SUPPOSED to be in Burbank according to the casting call. So I had to call in and cancel. I only go for work in my area..with gas and traffic it just isn't worth the commute :(. I was really looking forward to working tomorrow too. No Happy Gilmore for me LOL.

oooh. We can't "LIKE" that either.

I'm bummed. There will be other jobs though. For the future, I'll be sure to verify that the location is what they list online. I just hope this doesn't hurt my standing since I had to cancel. It was clearly not my error though. A 2 hour commute on 3 freeways in LA morning traffic :wacko: No thank you LOL.

Those shots of the clam and Bogart are amazing! What a cool spot for that clam. Does it seem to be happy there?

Sorry about the role, Gena! I'm sure you'll get another one soon. I don't blame you for not wanting to fight the traffic!

Archived