Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Love all these little fish with big personalities. Going to have to wait on the next tank though. I don't trust my mantis enough to let him be in the same tank with such tiny fish, and he's too cool to abandon him to the sump....(for now).

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those guys are cuties. You should be happy with them as these guys reassemble behavior of Masked Glass Gobies. Active swimmers with hint of a temper. Lol After watching that video, I am with you on mix dwarf goby tank. Very cool.

And no, I haven't seen all goby related videos lol Including this one. Thanks for sharing.

No dwarf goby expert Gena. Just enthusiastic fan and admirer. Just trying to do my own research as there isn't all that much to go by when it comes to dwarf gobies. Most popular species, yes. But there is so much variety that haven't been explore in detail yet. Of cause there is no way to seek out those rare gobies. But just learning about all that weird behaviour rainbow and symbiotic relationship with other organisms is fascinating to me. We will celebrate their arrival and patiently wait for cool picture update.

Ok...about 15 minutes ago I pulled the trigger :). I have 2 Trimma rubromaculatum incoming, on Friday :). I watcheda few more videos and decided they would be a good fit for my tank.Check out this video I found :wub:. Maniu has probably seen it since he's the goby master :flower:.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTsdF1383ecIwould love to do something like this, minus the big fish/tangs, etc. Just all gobies (and a wrasse/clowfish) :wub:.

Love all these little fish with big personalities. Going to have to wait on the next tank though. I don't trust my mantis enough to let him be in the same tank with such tiny fish, and he's too cool to abandon him to the sump....(for now).

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it. Well fed Mantis should pay no mind to fish but with these guys, you just never know.

Moar gobies! omgomgomg We definitely need a Dwarf Goby Addicts club :lol: Addicted and unashamed will be our banner.

Sounds dirty. But I am in.

Sounds dirty. But I am in.

Me too :D.

Went to my LFS today and he's going to look for dwarf gobies for me next week. He got out his book and we went through

it together today. I pointed out what I was looking for. I love that he's so knowledgeable about fish too. He knows

exactly what I'm looking for :).

Got a call from Unique today. There's a delay in shipping the fish...which is fine. They will be ready on Monday. But.....

Cool thing, I get to pick them up in person :happydance:. Their store is in Van Nuys which is just down the street from me.

This could be very bad for my wallet LOL. I didn't realize they were so close and have store hours, though they don't advertise that.

I can't wait to check out their facility.

It's wonderful that you have places that you can visit.

It is nice! I should really take advantage of it while we're still out here. Guess I better set up a few more tanks :lol:.

Just kidding :).

If Unique Corals was just down the street from me I'd have to break the news to my kids that they're on their own for college :lol: So cool!

Me too :D.Went to my LFS today and he's going to look for dwarf gobies for me next week. He got out his book and we went throughit together today. I pointed out what I was looking for. I love that he's so knowledgeable about fish too. He knowsexactly what I'm looking for :).Got a call from Unique today. There's a delay in shipping the fish...which is fine. They will be ready on Monday. But.....Cool thing, I get to pick them up in person :happydance:. Their store is in Van Nuys which is just down the street from me.This could be very bad for my wallet LOL. I didn't realize they were so close and have store hours, though they don't advertise that.I can't wait to check out their facility.

oh wow! Lucky girl. It might get a bit to conviniant lol I am sure they got some showstopper that you might find hard to resist.

Please find out what they got or can get goby wise.

I also have cool news regarding unique.....

Beautiful and super cool manager of Manhattan Aquariums told me that anything I order from unique can be shipped to their store along with their own weekly shipment. This way, shipping won't cost me anything. ;)

Very cool of her. I just need to confirm this with unique.

oh wow! Lucky girl. It might get a bit to conviniant lol I am sure they got some showstopper that you might find hard to resist.

Please find out what they got or can get goby wise.

I also have cool news regarding unique.....

Beautiful and super cool manager of Manhattan Aquariums told me that anything I order from unique can be shipped to their store along with their own weekly shipment. This way, shipping won't cost me anything. ;)

Very cool of her. I just need to confirm this with unique.

I will definitely be asking what they can get in dwarf goby wise...can't wait to go omgomgomg. Great deal you may have with Unique too :happydance:.

Seriously, I wish I had the space and the energy to maintain another tank :lol:.

I will definitely be asking what they can get in dwarf goby wise...can't wait to go omgomgomg. Great deal you may have with Unique too :happydance:.Seriously, I wish I had the space and the energy to maintain another tank :lol:.

If you see something cool take pics. I know they are kinda short on dwarfs. But maybe in the future. ...... I gotta feeling you might become regular of unique reef pub.

I might setup larger tank in near future but it would have to be in the basement. I just can't have another glass box at home.

It probably won't be a pretty setup but having a large school of dwarf gobies in mix goby tank is tempting.

If you see something cool take pics. I know they are kinda short on dwarfs. But maybe in the future. ...... I gotta feeling you might become regular of unique reef pub.

I might setup larger tank in near future but it would have to be in the basement. I just can't have another glass box at home.

It probably won't be a pretty setup but having a large school of dwarf gobies in mix goby tank is tempting.

I will. I'm hoping to have this be my regular place to shop. Not sure exactly how they are setup. He said they have a store

but they don't advertise it? But they have store hours as far as I know. I'll find out more on Monday :).

I hear you on setting up another tank. I'm looking at my tank and seeing which fish I could get rid of so I can have more gobies LOL.

I probably won't do that though. I'm attached to all my fish now. Speaking of, I need to go feed them :).

I would like some pictures of the Unique facility :).

Pretty sure Scott has posted some on R2R before. Bunch of long white raceway tanks..... I wouldn't be overly surprised if they didn't allow outside photography tho ;)

Today is Unique day :happydance:. They open in an hour! I've got my son home sick from school today and already warned

him that I'll be out for a bit LOL.

What should I get besides my fish?????? omgomgomg

Today is Unique day :happydance:. They open in an hour! I've got my son home sick from school today and already warnedhim that I'll be out for a bit LOL.What should I get besides my fish?????? omgomgomg

Whatever your heart desires.

There is always room for mo coral lol

You might consider something odd, like dwarf cucumbers. (Super cute, small and vibrant color)

Emperor shrimp is very beautiful IMHO But ...... it does best in symbiotic relationship with another cucumber.

They might have some cool gorgs. Occasionally they send those this way. Usually attached to sponge/macro algea encrusted rock.

Hope your son feels better. My daughter is going thru some sort of nasty virus as well.

Show us what you came home with from unique.

And was that experience truly "unique" or just so so........

Today is Unique day :happydance:. They open in an hour! I've got my son home sick from school today and already warned

him that I'll be out for a bit LOL.

What should I get besides my fish?????? omgomgomg

Gorgs! and RFAs if they have em! Clam? Acan? Pretty mushrooms?!? Just buy EVERYTHING!! :lol:

Whatever your heart desires.

There is always room for mo coral lol

You might consider something odd, like dwarf cucumbers. (Super cute, small and vibrant color)

Emperor shrimp is very beautiful IMHO But ...... it does best in symbiotic relationship with another cucumber.

They might have some cool gorgs. Occasionally they send those this way. Usually attached to sponge/macro algea encrusted rock.

Hope your son feels better. My daughter is going thru some sort of nasty virus as well.

Show us what you came home with from unique.

And was that experience truly "unique" or just so so........

Judging by the website, this is going to be very difficult for me to resist buying too many things :lol:. Hopefully

the prices will be a big deterrent....but then again, hopefully not LOL.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!! I'll look for each of those things and make my decision.

This cold and flu season has been horrible. This is the worst head cold he's had so far this season. He'll probably

stay home tomorrow too. It's knocked him on his butt! I've been making him lots of tea with honey and a big pot of homemade

chicken soup yesterday. I'm worried I'm going to get it :scarry:.

I hope your daughter is better soon too :).

Gorgs! and RFAs if they have em! Clam? Acan? Pretty mushrooms?!? Just buy EVERYTHING!! :lol:

I'll definitely be looking at the gorgs. I don't think they carry RFAs. Clam isn't an option due to space. Mushrooms

are a definite possibility :wub:.

WISH I could buy one of each :lol:.

Judging by the website, this is going to be very difficult for me to resist buying too many things :lol:. Hopefullythe prices will be a big deterrent....but then again, hopefully not LOL.Thanks for the suggestions!!!! I'll look for each of those things and make my decision.This cold and flu season has been horrible. This is the worst head cold he's had so far this season. He'll probablystay home tomorrow too. It's knocked him on his butt! I've been making him lots of tea with honey and a big pot of homemadechicken soup yesterday. I'm worried I'm going to get it :scarry:.I hope your daughter is better soon too :).I'll definitely be looking at the gorgs. I don't think they carry RFAs. Clam isn't an option due to space. Mushroomsare a definite possibility :wub:.WISH I could buy one of each :lol:.

My girl wasn't this sick in a loooooog time. Horrible stomachache in combination of diarrhea and vomiting. Not fun.

Doctors were useless. They didn't agree with possibility of nasty virus and took some samples for the lab. They put her on strict diet. Even though she can't eat and lost 5 lbs in 3 days.

Chicken soup is the best. So is the tea (caffeine free).

Unfortunately with viruses your boy has to bite his lip and march thru this like a man. Shouldn't take too long for his immune system to kick some butt.

I was going to visit my favorite lfs this morning. ........ I looked in my wallet and said hell no! Lol

So tempting. .....

I am picking up several chalices and a clam tomorrow from local hobbyist. He needs to move his livestock. So I am helping him out lol

My girl wasn't this sick in a loooooog time. Horrible stomachache in combination of diarrhea and vomiting. Not fun.

Doctors were useless. They didn't agree with possibility of nasty virus and took some samples for the lab. They put her on strict diet. Even though she can't eat and lost 5 lbs in 3 days.

Chicken soup is the best. So is the tea (caffeine free).

Unfortunately with viruses your boy has to bite his lip and march thru this like a man. Shouldn't take too long for his immune system to kick some butt.

I was going to visit my favorite lfs this morning. ........ I looked in my wallet and said hell no! Lol

So tempting. .....

I am picking up several chalices and a clam tomorrow from local hobbyist. He needs to move his livestock. So I am helping him out lol

Sounds like your daughter has it much worse. At least today the sore throat is better for him. He's still just laying

around and watching movies. I'm going to sit down with him in a second to watch one with him. I really hope your daughter

is feeling better soon. Poor thing. How old is she? My son is 15.

We do only caffeine free tea here. Mostly herbal but this is a decaf green tea I've been giving him. My husband drinks

the caffeinated stuff PG Tips but he rarely drinks tea. He likes coffee.

You are such a nice guy helping out that local hobbyist :). Can't wait to see the new additions!

So....Unique was a bust today. Right before I was getting ready to head out, Scott called. They weren't able to get

the trimmas in on Friday. What happened was, even though they showed in stock on the website, they were out of stock. The

wholesaler said they had them available so Unique expected them in on Friday..but they didn't come in :(. So he expects

them in the next 2 weeks. I decided to just wait and in the meantime asked him to be on the lookout for any other dwarf gobies.

He said he gets them in and they are very popular :).

If my son wasn't home sick I might have made the trip out there anyways to check things out. But since I really didn't NEED

to go, staying home with him was the better choice. I did do my local errands though including picking up more live

blackworms today. Not as fun as picking up my dwarf gobies though :lol:.

Sounds like your daughter has it much worse. At least today the sore throat is better for him. He's still just layingaround and watching movies. I'm going to sit down with him in a second to watch one with him. I really hope your daughteris feeling better soon. Poor thing. How old is she? My son is 15.We do only caffeine free tea here. Mostly herbal but this is a decaf green tea I've been giving him. My husband drinksthe caffeinated stuff PG Tips but he rarely drinks tea. He likes coffee.You are such a nice guy helping out that local hobbyist :). Can't wait to see the new additions!So....Unique was a bust today. Right before I was getting ready to head out, Scott called. They weren't able to getthe trimmas in on Friday. What happened was, even though they showed in stock on the website, they were out of stock. Thewholesaler said they had them available so Unique expected them in on Friday..but they didn't come in :(. So he expectsthem in the next 2 weeks. I decided to just wait and in the meantime asked him to be on the lookout for any other dwarf gobies.He said he gets them in and they are very popular :).If my son wasn't home sick I might have made the trip out there anyways to check things out. But since I really didn't NEEDto go, staying home with him was the better choice. I did do my local errands though including picking up more liveblackworms today. Not as fun as picking up my dwarf gobies though :lol:.

At least you can stay home with your son. Gobies can wait. My girl is 16. Had to pick her up from school after she text me that she wasn't feeling so well. Went straight to her doc without appointment but hopeful that he could clarify the symptoms.

Turns out it is a virus that causes stomach inflammatory state. And strict diet should help in the next 24h.

It's something widespread in my neighborhood according to her doctor.

Hope your son feels better. Getting some rest should help. Even though my daughter insisted to go to school tomorrow, I had to object.

She needs to let it run its course and get some rest.

It sucks that they didn't get those dwarfs but he did mentioned it to me in email, that he should get some in next 2 weeks. But that was almost a week ago.

Fellow hobbyist is moving and needs most of his stuff gone. He has few things on 4 sale thread here, including his cube, sump combo with free skimmer. I'm not getting any freebies but it's pretty fair deal.

Clam is about 3 inches. Not a bad size. Chalices, I have no idea how small/big those are. But your tank sure inspired me in that direction.

And I am huge on coffee drinking. I guess it comes with the job.

At least you can stay home with your son. Gobies can wait. My girl is 16. Had to pick her up from school after she text me that she wasn't feeling so well. Went straight to her doc without appointment but hopeful that he could clarify the symptoms.

Turns out it is a virus that causes stomach inflammatory state. And strict diet should help in the next 24h.

It's something widespread in my neighborhood according to her doctor.

Hope your son feels better. Getting some rest should help. Even though my daughter insisted to go to school tomorrow, I had to object.

She needs to let it run its course and get some rest.

It sucks that they didn't get those dwarfs but he did mentioned it to me in email, that he should get some in next 2 weeks. But that was almost a week ago.

Fellow hobbyist is moving and needs most of his stuff gone. He has few things on 4 sale thread here, including his cube, sump combo with free skimmer. I'm not getting any freebies but it's pretty fair deal.

Clam is about 3 inches. Not a bad size. Chalices, I have no idea how small/big those are. But your tank sure inspired me in that direction.

And I am huge on coffee drinking. I guess it comes with the job.

So we're both dealing with teenagers :lol:. Lately mine has cracked me up with the crazy hormones. He gets so mad at me sometimes because I ask too many questions LOL, but a couple of minutes later, he'll give me a hug.

I guess the guilt is too much for him LOL. He's a really good kid. I got lucky :).

You know... your daughter's symptoms sound like something that's going around here too. And also in Indiana by my mom. She works in

an elementary school so she sees all the illness that is going around. This is just an awful cold/flu season for sure.

Chalices are awesome...would love to have one but I don't have the proper space to give one. I had to get rid of

the little one that I had because it was trying to sting everything. Can't wait to see the colors you got! Plus the clam!

Wish I had photos of the new fish to show here. But this artsy gorgonian shot will have to do :).

IMG_9591_zpsbvurfa50.jpg

I don't have a sick child but my dog is sick though. Totally different problem but I still feel very sorry for him. Problems holding it in on Sun, peed on the tile and carpet with blood. Bladder infection. This is how my evening went. Potty time this evening 8:20 8:50 9:26 10:32 and he pees 3x each time we go out. I feel he needs a Depends. Hope all your children get better. I think that's just everywhere.

I don't have a sick child but my dog is sick though. Totally different problem but I still feel very sorry for him. Problems holding it in on Sun, peed on the tile and carpet with blood. Bladder infection. This is how my evening went. Potty time this evening 8:20 8:50 9:26 10:32 and he pees 3x each time we go out. I feel he needs a Depends. Hope all your children get better. I think that's just everywhere.

Awww..poor guy :(. Hopefully he is feeling better soon too!!!!

I think I might get by without getting sick this round fingerscrossed. So far I feel fine. I've been drinking a ton of

green tea and eating chicken soup too.

Archived