Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww! Poor Chloe! Those leg injuries in dogs are the worst. Super painful for the dog and insanely expensive for the owners. My best friend is a vet and her pit bull mix tore her ACL (or whatever it is in dogs, haha) and she couldn't do the surgery herself since that isn't her specialty. Anyways, she had it done through the vet school at a huge discount because she was a student there at the time and even at 50% off it was like $2000 or more. I remember her poor dog had to be crated for a long time after the surgery and that was rough because her dog is big and was young and full of energy at the time. So getting her to take it easy on that leg was rough. Hopefully since Chloe is older it won't effect her so much. Hopefully she'll be content to just relax, sleep, and be babied. I hope the surgery goes well!

I think both are great news. Chloe will get the best care you can give her and new goobies (no it isn't a typo) for your amazing lighthouse.

If it comes to surgery, I hope she recovers quickly so the whole family can enjoy her on all 4 healthy paws.

Keep us posted and we love pics. Both gobies and Chloe.

I'm nervous about tomorrow. Poor thing has been through so much. Thanks for the good wishes :flower:.

Yes, we need goby pics as soon as you can!

Glad Chloe is resting and feeling better!

I have pictures omgomgomg

Awww! Poor Chloe! Those leg injuries in dogs are the worst. Super painful for the dog and insanely expensive for the owners. My best friend is a vet and her pit bull mix tore her ACL (or whatever it is in dogs, haha) and she couldn't do the surgery herself since that isn't her specialty. Anyways, she had it done through the vet school at a huge discount because she was a student there at the time and even at 50% off it was like $2000 or more. I remember her poor dog had to be crated for a long time after the surgery and that was rough because her dog is big and was young and full of energy at the time. So getting her to take it easy on that leg was rough. Hopefully since Chloe is older it won't effect her so much. Hopefully she'll be content to just relax, sleep, and be babied. I hope the surgery goes well!

She definitely was adopted into the right family. She'd be blind with a permanent limp already if it wasn't for us :D.

I think she has the worst luck, poor thing.

Nice to see you posting!!!!!! You need to stop being so busy :).

I have pictures omgomgomg

Took 2 hours to acclimate them and I've had the light off for the last 4 hours. Just turned them back on about 30 min. ago.

They are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! They aren't hanging out together. I don't think they know the other is there yet. One is under the purple cap and the other is under the green

cap LOL.

The best I can do for now :).

IMG_9662_zpsj7feit8x.jpg

IMG_9666_zpsqmdpcqiv.jpg

They look like white tigers :wub:. One is bigger than the other. I'm sure they sent them that way on purpose :).

Can't wait to get better glimpses of them. They are doing great so far!

Those are some badazz lil fishes there. B)

They are soooo cool B)

Awesome Gena- looking forward to seeing more pictures

Thanks!!!!!

Oh goodness! How cute, from what I can tell... ;)

They are really cute :D.

Two more shots. After I fed the tank. They both ate :happydance:.

The smaller one (female?)

IMG_9674_zpsurwckzfx.jpg

The bigger one

IMG_9672_zpsekyl37rc.jpg

Still a monticap between them LOL.

omgomgomg New gobies !

I see you took your sweet time acclimating them.

They look awesome.Eventho that monti is huge, I am pretty sure they will find each other. Lol

Hopefully they will pair up soon. That should be fun to watch.

Best wishes to Chloe.

Keep us posted.

So far I am really happy with these gobies :wub:. They have eaten live blackworms, freeze dried plankton, frozen mysis, NLS pellets, and I think

that's all I've tried LOL. Not fussy whatsoever.

Both are still alive today :happydance:.

Couple of more photos of the bigger one and they have found each other. No aggression between them :).

IMG_9682_zpso5iaemqc.jpg

IMG_9683_zpsj4sujfwd.jpg

Here are a couple photos of one of my female GBGs too. I believe this one is pregnant. Her belly is swollen and I

have seen babies already in the tank!!!!!!!! So I know they are reproducing.

IMG_9693_zpshnh6jww4.jpg

IMG_9691_zpshlvydaun.jpg

And finally a Chloe update. We went in for our surgical consult this morning. The dr. went over everything with us. With my

pre-knowledge of the treatment through my research online, and with the information he gave us today, We have decided

to go the conservative route for treatment. This means no surgery. She will be on pain meds and anti-inflammatories during

the healing period. If we did do the surgery it would have been the lateral suture surgery which basically involves drilling holes in the bone

and attaching a band to hold the two bones together at the knee. This is temporary as over time the scar tissue will

take it's place, forming over the bands.

With conservative treatment, scar tissue also forms the only thing missing is the stability that the bands would provide

with the surgery.

The recovery time for either treament is the same. 3 months confined to a crate or on a short leash so she can't run or jump.

We debated for 2 hours while we were there on the best course of action. Decided finally that taking her home with us

was the best decision. I'm so happy she's here with me now. Surgery is stressful and I'm willing to be extra diligent and care

for her the conservative way rather then put her through the extra stress of surgery, on top of the ruptured ligament.

Anyways...that's where we're at. She's resting comfortably by my side in her crate :). Guess I'll have to put my acting career

on hold for a few months LOL.

She goes back in 2 weeks for them to evaluate her condition. I have high hopes that this was the best decision for us. She can

always get the surgery later if we decide she needs it. But I don't think she will (knock on wood fingerscrossed).

I'm glad you thought about it. The body can heal and sounds like the outcome is basically the same. Esp since she just recently had a surgery.

I'm glad you thought about it. The body can heal and sounds like the outcome is basically the same. Esp since she just recently had a surgery.

Exactly! The thing that is worrisome is they say arthritis can be worse if left to heal on it's own. But that is a possiblity

with the surgery as well. I hate to say it's scare tactics, but part of me thinks that is so. Then again, not following the treatment

plan can lead to reinjury which leads to more scar tissue buildup which leads to arthritis issues. I'll be very diligent

with her restrictions, no doubt about that. Surgery isn't always the answer. And you really shouldn't rush into it

either way.

I found an excellent website for anyone going through this and considering going the conservative route with no

surgery. It's helped me a ton :).

http://www.tiggerpoz.com/index.html

Oh and to stay on topic....my new circus gobies are hanging out together now. They are too cute :wub:.

Sorry to here about you pup :(. Had to spend 900 on mine Monday getting 4 bad teeth removed :wacko:

Thanks, B :flower:. My pets are traumatizing me lately LOL. Sorry about yours too. Ouch on her pain and your wallet!

If we did the surgery the quote was between $2300 and $3300. Crazy but not as crazy as the eye surgery we did :wacko:.

Gena, how big are those going to get? 2.5? I haven't read much about them but I saw it I think in Albert's book.

I think it's 2" max. Pretty positive that's what it is. I'll have to check out Albert's book!!!!!

Sounds like Chloe is going to be spoiled for a while lol Good for her. She deserves a bit extra attention.

Pics look amazing and gobies remind me of baby sharks lol Super cute. Love it.

And GBG is def prego. Congrats

Sorry you have to take a brrak from camera spotlight ;)

Superstar in the making is on hold lol

Glad to hear you have a plan of action with Chloe. Sounds like you gave it a ton of thought and that this is a good option. Sounds like a lot of work for the 3 months of healing. She's lucky to have such a responsible, caring owner :) I hope she doesn't get too stir crazy in her crate and that she feels better soon.

Love those new gobies! Such cool additions. Love the white coloring with the bold strip patterns. Glad they're eating well!

I hope Chloe continues to relax and feel better! Sounds like she has a smart mama doing all that research. She'll be well taken care of and I'm sure that will help her recover that much quicker!

I think we need more circus goby pics! They are cute! Maybe I need to get one or two for my next tank! I'm still unsure of what fish I want to stock!!

Glad to hear that you reached a decision with Chloe that you're happy with :flower: $2300-$3300 surgery, ouch. Hopefully she won't need it. If she gets excessive scar tissue buildup I imagine they could always do with her what they do with humans and go in later and break it all up by bending the joint. Not pleasant, but also non-invasive.

The circus gobies are so cute! I'm envious of your voracious eaters :lol: and baby GBGs?!? omgomgomg how many of the babies thus far have survived?

Glad to hear that you reached a decision with Chloe that you're happy with :flower: $2300-$3300 surgery, ouch. Hopefully she won't need it. If she gets excessive scar tissue buildup I imagine they could always do with her what they do with humans and go in later and break it all up by bending the joint. Not pleasant, but also non-invasive.

Ugh, that sounds awful! I crossed it out cause I don't even want think about that!!

Everyone send more good vibes to Chloe for the best recovery possible! :grouphug:

Beautiful looking fish! Hope your pup does well.

Thanks, sk8!!!!

Sounds like Chloe is going to be spoiled for a while lol Good for her. She deserves a bit extra attention.

Pics look amazing and gobies remind me of baby sharks lol Super cute. Love it.

And GBG is def prego. Congrats

Sorry you have to take a brrak from camera spotlight ;)

Superstar in the making is on hold lol

Family first...always :). She's definitely going to be spoiled. I'm on the hunt for a dog stroller so she can

still go out for walks :happy:. She will be restricted for 3 months...I don't want her to get bored.

Glad to hear you have a plan of action with Chloe. Sounds like you gave it a ton of thought and that this is a good option. Sounds like a lot of work for the 3 months of healing. She's lucky to have such a responsible, caring owner :) I hope she doesn't get too stir crazy in her crate and that she feels better soon.

Love those new gobies! Such cool additions. Love the white coloring with the bold strip patterns. Glad they're eating well!

Thanks, Felicia!!!!! I know for sure that we made the right decision. It was hard and we debated for a long time, but this

choice is what felt right to us. And that decision was backed up by a lot of research :).

I hope Chloe continues to relax and feel better! Sounds like she has a smart mama doing all that research. She'll be well taken care of and I'm sure that will help her recover that much quicker!

I think we need more circus goby pics! They are cute! Maybe I need to get one or two for my next tank! I'm still unsure of what fish I want to stock!!

Thank you :flower:

There are so many awesome fish out there to choose from...makes the decision difficult. I'll try to get more photos today.

Glad to hear that you reached a decision with Chloe that you're happy with $2300-$3300 surgery, ouch. Hopefully she won't need it. If she gets excessive scar tissue buildup I imagine they could always do with her what they do with humans and go in later and break it all up by bending the joint. Not pleasant, but also non-invasive.

The circus gobies are so cute! I'm envious of your voracious eaters and baby GBGs?!? how many of the babies thus far have survived?

I'm really confident that she won't ever need the surgery!!!! When something like this happens the first thought is to

do everything possible to make them better and you don't necessarily think rationally. Guilty :). But realizing that

this isn't an emergency situation, and letting it heal on it's own is an option, with proven good results. It just made

sense to not cut her open, and add more health risks, when it wasn't a necessity.

So far I don't think any have survived. I'd have to collect them from the tank to try to rear them. They are eaten,

sucked into the mp10 powerheads, or down into the sump. Unless one miraculously survives down in the refugium...that'd be cool.

I'd imagine with the wrasses that not many of them make it :/

Yep!

aww so sweet. yey on new fishies

GENA!!

:flower:

Ugh, that sounds awful! I crossed it out cause I don't even want think about that!!

Everyone send more good vibes to Chloe for the best recovery possible!

:grouphug:

I'm going to my LFS today to see if he was able to find me any dwarf gobies omgomgomg. Highly unlikely, but you never know!!!!!

Archived