Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Fun with dogs :lol:

Lovely new shots. How much flow does your maxima get up in the monti? Does its mantle get ruffled? Any chance you can take a vid? :flower: ETA: Went and watched the vid on the first page of this thread...worried that the spot I'd put a clam gets more flow than it looks like your squammie is in... :unsure:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know Gena. I asked because if and when I'll be setting up new tank, I'll try to make few overhangs for them to feel more at home. I could certainly scape in such a way that would make them more in the open but that wouldn't be natural. I think they LOVE your tank and their new HOME.

And I hope you keep your promise lol ;)

P.S Thank you so much for babies of your monti monsters. They made the trip and sure are pretty. Hopefully they explode in similar way they did in your tank.

I think they would really appreciate having the overhangs. From videos I've seen on youtube, that's where they'll spend

all of their time :).

And you're so welcome!!!! I'm happy to share and do a trade with you. Trading is the best!!!!

Hmmmm.....I'll try to wear red heels to a tv/movie shoot. If it is appropriate ;).

I love your pics Gena..

Thank you Chris :flower:

Those gobies are adorable the way they hang upside down! I'm adding that to my list of options for next time!

I saw a PSW at one of the LFS's but it was the LFS that I think is shady. I would have definitely wanted to quarantine it and I don't have anything set up to do so. They had it ID'd as a "Pygmy Wrasse" for $40.

I got really lucky and only paid $15 for mine at the LFS. They had two and I regretted not getting the other one too.

I think $40 is still a decent price. I just got really lucky.

Fun with dogs :lol:

Lovely new shots. How much flow does your maxima get up in the monti? Does its mantle get ruffled? Any chance you can take a vid? :flower: ETA: Went and watched the vid on the first page of this thread...worried that the spot I'd put a clam gets more flow than it looks like your squammie is in... :unsure:

Thanks, Jaime :). I don't have a ton of flow. I probably should turn up the mp10s.

Fastest video uploaded to youtube in the history of.......

my life LOL. I JUST took this :D.

You can see the algae on the shell moving a little bit.

I think they would really appreciate having the overhangs. From videos I've seen on youtube, that's where they'll spend

all of their time :).

And you're so welcome!!!! I'm happy to share and do a trade with you. Trading is the best!!!!

Hmmmm.....I'll try to wear red heels to a tv/movie shoot. If it is appropriate ;).

Thank you Chris :flower:

I got really lucky and only paid $15 for mine at the LFS. They had two and I regretted not getting the other one too.

I think $40 is still a decent price. I just got really lucky.

Thanks, Jaime :). I don't have a ton of flow. I probably should turn up the mp10s.

Fastest video uploaded to youtube in the history of.......

my life LOL. I JUST took this :D.

You can see the algae on the shell moving a little bit.

You're the bestest :flower: Hmm, I may or may not have too much flow. Guess the only way to find out is to test it :lol:

:lol::flower:

Happy Easter, Gena! And Pinkie. ;)

Thank you :flower:.

We're gonna eat soon :happydance:. I picked up a honeybaked ham. Made scalloped potatoes...my husband's Grandmother's

delicious recipe. And of course for dessert, my annual Pineapple Upside Down Cake :D. My mom started the tradition

and since we can't be together for the holiday :(....we take photos and send them to each other. I'll share mine with you guys

too :). Happy Easter...hope everyone is having a lovely day.

IMG_9851_zpsfgjn0zb3.jpg

IMG_9853_zpslvgmmyta.jpg

nice, did someone quilt those placemats? My mother-in-law makes them and potholders. Hope you had a nice Easter too.

nice, did someone quilt those placemats? My mother-in-law makes them and potholders. Hope you had a nice Easter too.

They are Vera Bradley placemats. I've had them forever. The tablecloth is a vintage Vera Neuman. I think I gained 5 pounds

yesterday LOLOLOL. But it was worth it :).

How about some goby fun?

IMG_9877_zpsn95h2dl9.jpg

IMG_9880_zpswial3gw2.jpg

I'm pretty sure out of the 5, only one became a male. The second photo shows him. He's pretty big and beefy compared

to the females. And I'm only seeing 4 GBGs at one time. The 5th has always been difficult to see but it's been a few

weeks now that I'm only counting 4 with one look. I can't really distinguish between them although I noticed today that

this one in the photo has a black dot on it's face. That will help with my counting :). And the male is easy to find too.

IMG_9856_zpshv5eppe5.jpg

Circus gobies still doing really well.

IMG_9868_zpsgmxbmgpo.jpg

Good!! I couldn't remember where I saw it initially so I'm glad this finally found the right home :) Our Bichon is actually allergic to chicken (along with lamb, pork, duck, potatoes, corn ... and the list goes on) so we feed her the burger and then interchange with turkey, hard boiled eggs and fish to keep it interesting. That's great that Chloe's itchiness seems better!! That is definitely a good sign. We tried everything - got allergy testing done, tried allergy shots, and NOTHING worked long term. We now have her on a mild dose of TemirilP every other day and the honest kitchen. It seems much better. We also use Zymox calming shampoo and give her baths every week in spring, summer and fall as she is also allergic to environmental things like tree pollen and grass, believe it or not. So, if you ever have questions about allergies, feel free to ask away!

Hey...I picked up The Honest Kitchen food today for Chloe. She's STILL itchy!!!!! I think it's the canned duck food that has

chicken broth in it. I'm pretty sure she's allergic to chicken. I really need to get her tested. Anyways...I bought

THK Zeal which is the fish. Hopefully this does the trick :). Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

They are Vera Bradley placemats. I've had them forever. The tablecloth is a vintage Vera Neuman. I think I gained 5 pounds

yesterday LOLOLOL. But it was worth it :).

How about some goby fun?

IMG_9877_zpsn95h2dl9.jpg

IMG_9880_zpswial3gw2.jpg

I'm pretty sure out of the 5, only one became a male. The second photo shows him. He's pretty big and beefy compared

to the females. And I'm only seeing 4 GBGs at one time. The 5th has always been difficult to see but it's been a few

weeks now that I'm only counting 4 with one look. I can't really distinguish between them although I noticed today that

this one in the photo has a black dot on it's face. That will help with my counting :). And the male is easy to find too.

IMG_9856_zpshv5eppe5.jpg

Circus gobies still doing really well.

IMG_9868_zpsgmxbmgpo.jpg

Hey...I picked up The Honest Kitchen food today for Chloe. She's STILL itchy!!!!! I think it's the canned duck food that has

chicken broth in it. I'm pretty sure she's allergic to chicken. I really need to get her tested. Anyways...I bought

THK Zeal which is the fish. Hopefully this does the trick :). Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Those GBGs are way too cute and cool on the Honest Kitchen!!! We've tried the zeal as well as the beef one. Stella can be picky and didn't like them (but our other two LOVED both), so we finally just gave in and continued cooking beef for her to add to the preference. She has us trained for sure!!

Oh! And we use Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream (fish based) kibble for the two standard poodles. They love it, easy on their stomachs and if Stella wants some, she doesn't get itchy from it. So that may be another option.

Those GBGs are way too cute and cool on the Honest Kitchen!!! We've tried the zeal as well as the beef one. Stella can be picky and didn't like them (but our other two LOVED both), so we finally just gave in and continued cooking beef for her to add to the preference. She has us trained for sure!!

Oh! And we use Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream (fish based) kibble for the two standard poodles. They love it, easy on their stomachs and if Stella wants some, she doesn't get itchy from it. So that may be another option.

YES :happydance:. I still need a canned food to give her the medications in (pills). Realized that after I left the store LOL. I was planning to go back out and find something suitable and this will be it!!! Thank you so much!!! I'm so tired of researching dog food :D.

YES :happydance:. I still need a canned food to give her the medications in (pills). Realized that after I left the store LOL. I was planning to go back out and find something suitable and this will be it!!! Thank you so much!!! I'm so tired of researching dog food :D.

Cheese works too! We smoosh a pill in some cheese, cover it up and she eats the whole thing! And I hear you on the researching dog food. I remember that all too well. It gets to a point where you feel like nothing will work.

Cheese works too! We smoosh a pill in some cheese, cover it up and she eats the whole thing! And I hear you on the researching dog food. I remember that all too well. It gets to a point where you feel like nothing will work.

Chloe will eat anything, luckily. Unfortunately not everything agrees with her LOL. I could use cheese for her pain

medicine, but the anti-inflammatory has to be taken with food...like 2 tablespoons so it doesn't upset her tummy.

The Honest Kitchen was a SUCCESS! She absolutely loves it. I've never seen her food dish so clean after a meal LOL. She

hasn't had any duck today and I've seen her scratch maybe twice today which is a HUGE improvement. I couldn't get the Taste of the Wild

in cans. Apparently they are hard to find now. I tried 2 stores and both shelves were empty. So I picked up a different

brand that is only fish.

I'm also going to alternate her with 4 days of a raw diet of rabbit. The ingredients look like they will be ok. I had to special

order that one. I just don't want her to have fish everyday with the mercury that is in it. At least the fish that is

used has low levels of mercury.

I hope this works fingerscrossed.

And sorry for the off-topic. This whole dog food thing is consuming my life right now LOL. But hey....I guess fish

dog food is sort of on topic ;).

Great fish pics. Do the gobies change sex like clownfish (only once)?

I actually don't know! Where's Maniu??? I bet he would know :).

I read somewhere that they will change sex if they start in the tank as juveniles. But I'm sure Maniu knows for sure :)

Chloe will eat anything, luckily. Unfortunately not everything agrees with her LOL. I could use cheese for her pain

medicine, but the anti-inflammatory has to be taken with food...like 2 tablespoons so it doesn't upset her tummy.

The Honest Kitchen was a SUCCESS! She absolutely loves it. I've never seen her food dish so clean after a meal LOL. She

hasn't had any duck today and I've seen her scratch maybe twice today which is a HUGE improvement. I couldn't get the Taste of the Wild

in cans. Apparently they are hard to find now. I tried 2 stores and both shelves were empty. So I picked up a different

brand that is only fish.

I'm also going to alternate her with 4 days of a raw diet of rabbit. The ingredients look like they will be ok. I had to special

order that one. I just don't want her to have fish everyday with the mercury that is in it. At least the fish that is

used has low levels of mercury.

I hope this works fingerscrossed.

And sorry for the off-topic. This whole dog food thing is consuming my life right now LOL. But hey....I guess fish

dog food is sort of on topic ;).

This is GREAT news!!!!!! Good points about the mercury and I'm going to cross my fingers that this continues to work for you. Where the heck do you order raw rabbit from?

I read somewhere that they will change sex if they start in the tank as juveniles. But I'm sure Maniu knows for sure :)

Yep...I read this too and saw it happen with my group. But not sure if they can change to the opposite sex once they already have. I could see a female becoming a male down the road. But not sure if a male can go back to being a female :unsure:. Kinda the opposite of the clownfish.

This is GREAT news!!!!!! Good points about the mercury and I'm going to cross my fingers that this continues to work for you. Where the heck do you order raw rabbit from?

Yeah...she's not getting any stomach distress from the switching over to THK either! She had issues with the duck...probably a food allergy issue too since that can show not only as itching but also as loose stool. I'm really careful about not switching cold turkey, but gradually too. I think duck is officially on the no-no list :).

This is the rabbit I found. One of the local pet stores here can order it for me.

http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/detail/c/7/id/46

So not only is dog food consuming my life but my son and I have decided to start breeding our crested geckos. I spent almost $300 on supplies today for this. We're really excited about it. We've been talking about it for a couple of years and we're finally going to take the plunge. fingerscrossed that we have a lot of success with it. Another hobby to drain the pocket book LOL. But it's a fun mother/son project :). We're trying to come up with a name for our "business" now too :happy:. I'll have to get some pictures of our cresties. We have 5 now. Two adults, 1 juvenile, and 2 "babies" :wub:.

Hi Gena,

just got caught up. Tank is looking fantastic, glad the dog is doing ok, and congrats on keeping the mandy and clams alive so long!

So not only is dog food consuming my life but my son and I have decided to start breeding our crested geckos. I spent almost $300 on supplies today for this. We're really excited about it. We've been talking about it for a couple of years and we're finally going to take the plunge. fingerscrossed that we have a lot of success with it. Another hobby to drain the pocket book LOL. But it's a fun mother/son project :). We're trying to come up with a name for our "business" now too :happy:. I'll have to get some pictures of our cresties. We have 5 now. Two adults, 1 juvenile, and 2 "babies" :wub:.

Sounds like a really fun adventure with your son. I love the look of crested geckos :wub: I like Annette's suggestion of CrestiesRBesties too :lol:

Cute names Annette!!!! We thought long and hard for a couple of days. Lots of ideas were thrown out. My son said I could

make the final decision on what it would be. Yippeee.....so I chose:

Cheery Cherry Geckos

Cheery because they are happy geckos :happy:. Cherry because they are the tops :wub:. And gecko because they are crested geckos LOL.

I'll try to get some photos soon!!!!

Hi Gena,

just got caught up. Tank is looking fantastic, glad the dog is doing ok, and congrats on keeping the mandy and clams alive so long!

Thanks so much, Mark :flower:.

Anyone see that adorable Emerald Coral Goby on Diver's Den today? I saw it earlier and was soooo tempted. I didn't get it

because I read they are monogamous, only found in pairs in the wild (which made me sad he was a single fish) and found only in

birdsnest corals...which I don't have in my tank. I would have the unhappiest little coral goby if I brought him to my tank. Hopefully

someone who already has one got this one to pair them up :D.

He/she was a gorgeous little thing. Would have loved to have it.

Archived