Coral Vue Hydros

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Moved you over here so we don't clog up Annette's thread. I keep moving quotes around :lol:. Anyways....thanks for the suggestion!!!!!!! If this duck doesn't work I'm totally going to try the Honest Kitchen next. I think that's what I saw at the pet store when I was last there. I know it was a formula where you add your own protein. The name sounds familiar but it may have been a different brand. Chloe's itchiness already seems to be better so I have high hopes for the new diet :).

Do you feed yours chicken? Mine absolutely LOVES chicken but I'm afraid that it may be an allergy source for her. Although I read most times it's not the protein they are allergic to but the grain. Her new formula is grain-free.

Good!! I couldn't remember where I saw it initially so I'm glad this finally found the right home :) Our Bichon is actually allergic to chicken (along with lamb, pork, duck, potatoes, corn ... and the list goes on) so we feed her the burger and then interchange with turkey, hard boiled eggs and fish to keep it interesting. That's great that Chloe's itchiness seems better!! That is definitely a good sign. We tried everything - got allergy testing done, tried allergy shots, and NOTHING worked long term. We now have her on a mild dose of TemirilP every other day and the honest kitchen. It seems much better. We also use Zymox calming shampoo and give her baths every week in spring, summer and fall as she is also allergic to environmental things like tree pollen and grass, believe it or not. So, if you ever have questions about allergies, feel free to ask away!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved you over here so we don't clog up Annette's thread. I keep moving quotes around :lol:. Anyways....thanks for the suggestion!!!!!!! If this duck doesn't work I'm totally going to try the Honest Kitchen next. I think that's what I saw at the pet store when I was last there. I know it was a formula where you add your own protein. The name sounds familiar but it may have been a different brand. Chloe's itchiness already seems to be better so I have high hopes for the new diet :).

Do you feed yours chicken? Mine absolutely LOVES chicken but I'm afraid that it may be an allergy source for her. Although I read most times it's not the protein they are allergic to but the grain. Her new formula is grain-free.

I think luck initially that they were healthy enough to survive transport and acclimation. I'll take the credit for the rest :flower:.

The circus gobies really love live blackworms. But they'll also eat frozen mysis and freeze dried plankton. Shoot...should have stuck a container of food in your box today. I have so much extra food from that contest I won!!!!! Next time :).

I am not sure if my lfs carry blackworms but I will ask. Seems like my gobies might like those as well. But they do take dry food without complaint so I'm not sure if I should mess with it. And thanks for the thought but in all honesty, I am overstocked with various food and need to get rig off some of refrigerated ones.

And you are right. Shipping any livestock and acclimation is half of success. And once fish starts eating, it's safe to say that you're in the clear.

But please post pictures of her in the stroller :)

IMG_3398_zpsdgn8invl.jpg

she's much better about sitting in it now. we've been practicing in the backyard :D.

Good!! I couldn't remember where I saw it initially so I'm glad this finally found the right home :) Our Bichon is actually allergic to chicken (along with lamb, pork, duck, potatoes, corn ... and the list goes on) so we feed her the burger and then interchange with turkey, hard boiled eggs and fish to keep it interesting. That's great that Chloe's itchiness seems better!! That is definitely a good sign. We tried everything - got allergy testing done, tried allergy shots, and NOTHING worked long term. We now have her on a mild dose of TemirilP every other day and the honest kitchen. It seems much better. We also use Zymox calming shampoo and give her baths every week in spring, summer and fall as she is also allergic to environmental things like tree pollen and grass, believe it or not. So, if you ever have questions about allergies, feel free to ask away!

Oh gosh...it's a good thing they are soo adorable because their issues are :wacko:. I'm sure I'll be running things by

you along the way. How old is yours? Chloe is 8. She's had cataract surgery on both eyes...was totally blind for a week once

that other eye went. We couldn't have her live her life blind so we forked out the cash for that. Now she has this ruptured

ligament in her knee!!!! I'm afraid of what's next! Hopefully getting her on a healthier diet that agrees with her can

stop anymore issues.

I am not sure if my lfs carry blackworms but I will ask. Seems like my gobies might like those as well. But they do take dry food without complaint so I'm not sure if I should mess with it. And thanks for the thought but in all honesty, I am overstocked with various food and need to get rig off some of refrigerated ones.

And you are right. Shipping any livestock and acclimation is half of success. And once fish starts eating, it's safe to say that you're in the clear.

All of my fish go crazy for the live black worms. You should be able to find them since they are so popular in the

freshwater fish hobby. Paul B. has written a few blogs on their benefits as well :).

IMG_3398_zpsdgn8invl.jpg

she's much better about sitting in it now. we've been practicing in the backyard :D.

YAY! She's just a cute as I imagined :wub:

IMG_3398_zpsdgn8invl.jpgshe's much better about sitting in it now. we've been practicing in the backyard :D. Oh gosh...it's a good thing they are soo adorable because their issues are :wacko:. I'm sure I'll be running things byyou along the way. How old is yours? Chloe is 8. She's had cataract surgery on both eyes...was totally blind for a week oncethat other eye went. We couldn't have her live her life blind so we forked out the cash for that. Now she has this rupturedligament in her knee!!!! I'm afraid of what's next! Hopefully getting her on a healthier diet that agrees with her canstop anymore issues. All of my fish go crazy for the live black worms. You should be able to find them since they are so popular in thefreshwater fish hobby. Paul B. has written a few blogs on their benefits as well :).

Epic picture lol

And I will read up on benefits of BW feeding benefits. Now I am kinda curious.

IMG_3398_zpsdgn8invl.jpg

Oh gosh...it's a good thing they are soo adorable because their issues are :wacko:. I'm sure I'll be running things by

you along the way. How old is yours? Chloe is 8. She's had cataract surgery on both eyes...was totally blind for a week once

that other eye went. We couldn't have her live her life blind so we forked out the cash for that. Now she has this ruptured

ligament in her knee!!!! I'm afraid of what's next! Hopefully getting her on a healthier diet that agrees with her can

stop anymore issues.

Okay, 1. Chloe is too freaking cute in her stroller!!! and 2. She's just cute, stroller or not! Poor girl with her ruptured ligament. And I know what you mean about pups - not doing it really isn't an option! We have been through the ringer with Stella (our Bichon and my profile namesake). Middle of the night trips to the emergency vet clinic (one during hurricane Irene). She will be 11 in June. We also have two very large standard poodles - Franklin who will be 4 in June (in my profile picture) and Iko, a black and white guy who will be 3 next month. Both are around 75 lbs. Oh and two cats! One of which is seriously obsessed with the tank.

And on to fishy things: your tank is gorgeous! I'm jealous :)

Thanks you guys :flower:.

Okay, 1. Chloe is too freaking cute in her stroller!!! and 2. She's just cute, stroller or not! Poor girl with her ruptured ligament. And I know what you mean about pups - not doing it really isn't an option! We have been through the ringer with Stella (our Bichon and my profile namesake). Middle of the night trips to the emergency vet clinic (one during hurricane Irene). She will be 11 in June. We also have two very large standard poodles - Franklin who will be 4 in June (in my profile picture) and Iko, a black and white guy who will be 3 next month. Both are around 75 lbs. Oh and two cats! One of which is seriously obsessed with the tank.

And on to fishy things: your tank is gorgeous! I'm jealous :)

Thank you :flower:. I love the name Stella :wub:. Too crazy having to make an emergency trip to the vet during a hurricane!!!!!

I stopped to get more cans of duck today and had a conversation with one of the managers. She's had 3 dogs rupture their CCL and done 3 surgeries!!!!! Hers are larger dogs and one even had a hip replacement. The money that must have been involved for her OMG.

My little cutie just cost me a 3 day job at Twentieth Century Fox working on a show called Agent X. I haven't even been looking for work or submitting for anything and they called me last night! That was tough to turn down. But I can't keep my little girl in a cage all day long while I'm on a television set having fun LOL. I know there will be more opportunities and I'm fine waiting for them :).

Stopped at the LFS in Studio City today for blackworms and more live phyto. Was hoping he'd have some flaming prawn gobies, but no luck. He never even heard of them :o. So I stopped at the LFS here in Burbank and told him to get me one or two of them if he sees them tomorrow at the Wholesaler omgomgomg. Fingers crossed fingerscrossed.

IMG_3398_zpsdgn8invl.jpg

I was at Home Goods yesterday (don't judge), and a girl had two little dogs in her shopping cart. One of them was an Italian Greyhound, and it got freaked out at one point and jumped out of the cart. I thought for sure it's little twiggy legs were going to pop off when it hit the tile floor. Poor thing. Please keep all hands and arms inside the cart at all times!

You're such a good momma turning down the job :lol: Chloe looks adorable in her stroller.

I'm so glad she's liking it now!!!!! At first I was thinking it was a big waste of money. But I think we'll get our moneys

worth the next 3 months :).

I was at Home Goods yesterday (don't judge), and a girl had two little dogs in her shopping cart. One of them was an Italian Greyhound, and it got freaked out at one point and jumped out of the cart. I thought for sure it's little twiggy legs were going to pop off when it hit the tile floor. Poor thing. Please keep all hands and arms inside the cart at all times!

Yikes! Poor thing. Some people just don't think about the what-ifs. I'd have had a leash on them, in the cart.

Guess I need to get some new fishy photos for this page!!!!! :D

Guess I need to get some new fishy photos for this page!!!!! :D

Yes - please do! I'm so far behind with everyone's posts. I need to see what is going on in your tank!

Thanks you guys :flower:.

Thank you :flower:. I love the name Stella :wub:. Too crazy having to make an emergency trip to the vet during a hurricane!!!!!

I stopped to get more cans of duck today and had a conversation with one of the managers. She's had 3 dogs rupture their CCL and done 3 surgeries!!!!! Hers are larger dogs and one even had a hip replacement. The money that must have been involved for her OMG.

I cannot imagine having 3 dogs rupture their CCL! We got VPI pet insurance for the two standard poodles when they were puppies and that has been awesome. Stella was tool old and had too many preexisting conditions to make insurance worth it. One of our poodles swallowed a straight pin a couple years ago and the emergency endoscopy ended up costing $1200!! VPI covered the whole thing thank goodness. It is amazing how much things cost at the vet - especially once you get into surgeries and the like. Crazy. But I can't imagine life without dogs.

My little cutie just cost me a 3 day job at Twentieth Century Fox working on a show called Agent X. I haven't even been looking for work or submitting for anything and they called me last night! That was tough to turn down. But I can't keep my little girl in a cage all day long while I'm on a television set having fun LOL. I know there will be more opportunities and I'm fine waiting for them :).

Stopped at the LFS in Studio City today for blackworms and more live phyto. Was hoping he'd have some flaming prawn gobies, but no luck. He never even heard of them :o. So I stopped at the LFS here in Burbank and told him to get me one or two of them if he sees them tomorrow at the Wholesaler omgomgomg. Fingers crossed fingerscrossed.

Oh man on the job! But I totally get it! I told my boss one time I couldn't go on a business trip because one of our dogs was sick and his response was 'huh??'. But he got it and didn't give me a hard time... after some explaining ;)

Can't wait to hear about the Flaming prawn goby update!!!!

We went on our first walk during the day...just the 3 of us. It went really well!!!! Both were very well behaved. I

think we'll make this a daily routine now :).

I shot a short video of it :lol:.

And some photos from today for the new page :)

IMG_9803_zpshl8gsijx.jpg

IMG_9798_zps0suuthys.jpg

IMG_9832%20copy_zpsr4jlwykt.jpg

IMG_9833_zpswtttfs4b.jpg

IMG_9822_zps9lwqr5io.jpg

IMG_9823_zpsqrnf9c7s.jpg

IMG_9828_zpsmj6l78jz.jpg

IMG_9817_zpslwprcyhs.jpg

IMG_9825_zpsbbhm709l.jpg

IMG_9827_zps0d9hjfwd.jpg

Tank is looking fantastic and your clam is sooooo happy! So beautiful I'm sure outside, glad everyone can enjoy their walks. Nice days here for the moment, 2 days we hit 71-74 this week so I'm really happy.

Love the video and those are some gorgeous shots! Love the ones where you can see the cap colors reflected in the top especially. what type of camera and lens do you use?

Such a well behaved dogs..... our Yorkie is fifth the size but quite a handful once he is outside/outdoors.

Great pics as always Gena. And I am sure more work will come your way. You did the right thing.

(*hint for next vid: red high heels + Hitchcock music) ;)

P.s

Those circus gobies seem to spend a lot of time swimming upside down. That would indicate that in nature, they live in and around caves/overhanging reef sections. Just a thought

Awwwww, Chloe looks so happy in her stroller! Fantastic pictures of a beautiful tank as always - I really like the first one, looking up at the surface of the water :wub:

So lovely, as always! The brain in your second fishie pic… is that the one you were telling me about on my thread? It looks great.

Tank is looking fantastic and your clam is sooooo happy! So beautiful I'm sure outside, glad everyone can enjoy their walks. Nice days here for the moment, 2 days we hit 71-74 this week so I'm really happy.

Thank you :flower:. Today was the perfect day. I think it stayed in the 70s, didn't hit 80, and was nice and sunny. Glad

your weather is finally starting to cooperate too!

Love the video and those are some gorgeous shots! Love the ones where you can see the cap colors reflected in the top especially. what type of camera and lens do you use?

Thank you!!! I was trying to get at least one different angle because I feel like I'm always taking the same photos

with each photo dump :lol:.

It's stock lens on a Canon 2Ti.

Such a well behaved dogs..... our Yorkie is fifth the size but quite a handful once he is outside/outdoors.

Great pics as always Gena. And I am sure more work will come your way. You did the right thing.

(*hint for next vid: red high heels + Hitchcock music) ;)

Thank you!!! The first time I took her out she was a disaster. But this time she was an angel :). And

Jack is always well behaved. Although he does pull a bit on his leash. Towards the end of the walk he gets much better because

he's tired out. I shot that video about half-way through the walk.

:lol: at next video ;).

P.s

Those circus gobies seem to spend a lot of time swimming upside down. That would indicate that in nature, they live in and around caves/overhanging reef sections. Just a thought

I haven't seen them right side up yet! You are totally right about the caves and overhangs. Although I think more overhangs since they

haven't gone into any holes in my rocks yet. Unless they do at night.

Awwwww, Chloe looks so happy in her stroller! Fantastic pictures of a beautiful tank as always - I really like the first one, looking up at the surface of the water :wub:

Thank you :flower:.

So lovely, as always! The brain in your second fishie pic… is that the one you were telling me about on my thread? It looks great.

Thank you :). Yep...that's the one. I've had it for 4 years now. It's color has come back fully again. It just didn't like

the middle front of the tank under LEDs. But once it was moved to the side, it was happy again :).

Thank you :flower:. Today was the perfect day. I think it stayed in the 70s, didn't hit 80, and was nice and sunny. Gladyour weather is finally starting to cooperate too! Thank you!!! I was trying to get at least one different angle because I feel like I'm always taking the same photoswith each photo dump :lol:. It's stock lens on a Canon 2Ti. Thank you!!! The first time I took her out she was a disaster. But this time she was an angel :). AndJack is always well behaved. Although he does pull a bit on his leash. Towards the end of the walk he gets much better becausehe's tired out. I shot that video about half-way through the walk. :lol: at next video ;). I haven't seen them right side up yet! You are totally right about the caves and overhangs. Although I think more overhangs since theyhaven't gone into any holes in my rocks yet. Unless they do at night. Thank you :flower:. Thank you :). Yep...that's the one. I've had it for 4 years now. It's color has come back fully again. It just didn't likethe middle front of the tank under LEDs. But once it was moved to the side, it was happy again :).

Good to know Gena. I asked because if and when I'll be setting up new tank, I'll try to make few overhangs for them to feel more at home. I could certainly scape in such a way that would make them more in the open but that wouldn't be natural. I think they LOVE your tank and their new HOME.

And I hope you keep your promise lol ;)

P.S Thank you so much for babies of your monti monsters. They made the trip and sure are pretty. Hopefully they explode in similar way they did in your tank.

Those gobies are adorable the way they hang upside down! I'm adding that to my list of options for next time!

I saw a PSW at one of the LFS's but it was the LFS that I think is shady. I would have definitely wanted to quarantine it and I don't have anything set up to do so. They had it ID'd as a "Pygmy Wrasse" for $40.

Archived