Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Do you dose 2 part or something else to compensate for calcium level drops.........

I have a bubble magus doser and I buy bulk additives to mix myself. It's way cheaper than buying 2-part. I use Bulk

Reef Supply's magnesium, soda ash, and calcium chloride.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bubble magus doser and I buy bulk additives to mix myself. It's way cheaper than buying 2-part. I use Bulk

Reef Supply's magnesium, soda ash, and calcium chloride.

I am dosing 2part from seachem. It not awfully expensive but I am looking into your kind of approach plus doser.
And I agree with others.... tank upgrade is already implanted in your subcontious. You can denying it only for so long. But it will happen and you know it ;)

bigger or smaller?? the more we talk about it, the more likely it's gonna happen =P

I was thinking around 20-30 gallons. Softy tank with all gobies :).

Clam needs a larger home!!!! Nudge nudge.

It does, yes :).

I am dosing 2part from seachem. It not awfully expensive but I am looking into your kind of approach plus doser.

And I agree with others.... tank upgrade is already implanted in your subcontious. You can denying it only for so long. But it will happen and you know it ;)

I'm not against a bigger tank but it wouldn't happen until we move in a few years. A whole new setup :).

I'm going to get some gobies this weekend. Either from my LFS or I'm ordering online. My tank needs more fish poop

believe it or not. I think the combination of the fuge, the skimmer and the media reactor is working way too well. Not

to mention the giant clam and little clam sucking up the nutrients.

MOAR FISH omgomgomg

:lol:

Happy Weekend :happydance:.

edit: two black barred convict gobies (circus gobies) have been ordered. Live Aquaria has had them

on sale all week and they've been in my cart. I saw this morning they are back to regular price, but

since I had them in my cart at the sale price, it still went through thank goodness :happydance:.

I'm going to check out my LFS today too for some additional dwarf gobies :).

jedimasterben

While you do not need fish to add nutrients to your tank (nutrient import is only determined by the amount of food you put into the tank, fish process almost nothing of what they take in), I'm all for it :)

While you do not need fish to add nutrients to your tank (nutrient import is only determined by the amount of food you put into the tank, fish process almost nothing of what they take in), I'm all for it :)

I think you are missing the angle in Genas' statement lol

I was thinking around 20-30 gallons. Softy tank with all gobies :). It does, yes :). I'm not against a bigger tank but it wouldn't happen until we move in a few years. A whole new setup :).I'm going to get some gobies this weekend. Either from my LFS or I'm ordering online. My tank needs more fish poopbelieve it or not. I think the combination of the fuge, the skimmer and the media reactor is working way too well. Notto mention the giant clam and little clam sucking up the nutrients.MOAR FISH omgomgomg :lol:Happy Weekend :happydance:.edit: two black barred convict gobies (circus gobies) have been ordered. Live Aquaria has had themon sale all week and they've been in my cart. I saw this morning they are back to regular price, butsince I had them in my cart at the sale price, it still went through thank goodness :happydance:.I'm going to check out my LFS today too for some additional dwarf gobies :).

I see you are growing impatient with goby itch...... lol

It's all good, we want you to get more fish. And then some ;)

Sounds like your system can definitely handle little

harem of gobies. When they start turning male, then you might have a little blood on your hands......

I'm going to look up your new goby addition......

Gobifile

It will get worst. Lol Found what I was looking for regarding tank upgrade. It will support at least 20 if not more gobies. Now, all I need is to find those rare, uncommon ones to quenched my appetite.

JavaJacketOC

Do you still have the leopard wrasse? I can't keep up with your tread :(

I saw some at a LFS and they had a couple really nice small ones, about 2.5" but they didn't eat the prepared food when the employee tried to feed them so I passed...I totally want one though.

I end up feeding more when I add more fish so it works out perfectly :D.

Yay for new fishies! I wonder what you'll find at the LFS. We will definitely need photographic proof.

Nada :lol:. But I did come home with a new baby crested gecko :wub:.

It will get worst. Lol Found what I was looking for regarding tank upgrade. It will support at least 20 if not more gobies. Now, all I need is to find those rare, uncommon ones to quenched my appetite.

omgomgomg

And share your secret supply with me :flower:.

Do you still have the leopard wrasse? I can't keep up with your tread :(

I saw some at a LFS and they had a couple really nice small ones, about 2.5" but they didn't eat the prepared food when the employee tried to feed them so I passed...I totally want one though.

Yep, still have her. I've actually been thinking about selling her though. She's a great fish, eats well, she's plump

and healthy. She just scares my little fish. That and making sand storms are her only drawbacks.

I doubt I'll sell her but I've been giving it some thought.

So like I said, no fishies today at the LFS. But I do have my circus gobies coming in next week :happydance:.

Water changes are done which always feels good :).

Got my Marine Depot order in today. I ordered more RSCP salt (used the last of it today) and I finally ordered the

reflectors for my Razor. I'll try to find time this weekend to put those in. I'm curious how it will change things :scarry:.

JavaJacketOC

I end up feeding more when I add more fish so it works out perfectly :D.

Nada :lol:. But I did come home with a new baby crested gecko :wub:.

omgomgomg

And share your secret supply with me :flower:.

Yep, still have her. I've actually been thinking about selling her though. She's a great fish, eats well, she's plump

and healthy. She just scares my little fish. That and making sand storms are her only drawbacks.

I doubt I'll sell her but I've been giving it some thought.

So like I said, no fishies today at the LFS. But I do have my circus gobies coming in next week :happydance:.

Water changes are done which always feels good :).

Got my Marine Depot order in today. I ordered more RSCP salt (used the last of it today) and I finally ordered the

reflectors for my Razor. I'll try to find time this weekend to put those in. I'm curious how it will change things :scarry:.

Ahh, don't get rid of her, but if you do.... :D

I've thought about changing to the 120 degree optics because I have some shaded spots but I'm afraid I'll lose too much par where I have my sps.

Happy Spring :flower:

Happy Spring, B :flower:.

Ahh, don't get rid of her, but if you do.... :D

I've thought about changing to the 120 degree optics because I have some shaded spots but I'm afraid I'll lose too much par where I have my sps.

Would you be interested in her if I do decide to sell her? She'd be cheap :).

Gobies or tank? You need both right ;)

Would love both :).

Tank is looking great Gena!

I installed the new reflectors this morning. What a difference. I'll post some photos in a few :).

IMG_9634_zps5adjq7iz.jpg

IMG_9637_zpssrmicm69.jpg

IMG_9638_zps0lcgx8bw.jpg

IMG_9636_zpsi1zl1jm7.jpg

The color is different. More blue/purple. The tank is definitely brighter...the season's greetings monticap

will hopefully regain color up at the top where it was too shaded.

So far I'm really happy with the change :happy:.

The tank isn't at it's brightest intensity yet either. Still an hour and 10min. away from that. It actually

looks brighter in person than it shows in these photos.

JavaJacketOC

Would you be interested in her if I do decide to sell her? She'd be cheap :).

I would definitely consider it but I'd have to get rid of one or two of my other fish...I already have 5 smallish fish and I think that's the limit for this tank.

How bad does she kick up sand? I do have a few things on the sand bed but I think she'd nest in the back...not sure though.

I would definitely consider it but I'd have to get rid of one or two of my other fish...I already have 5 smallish fish and I think that's the limit for this tank.

How bad does she kick up sand? I do have a few things on the sand bed but I think she's nest in the back...not sure though.

Only in the late afternoon when she's settling in for the night. Takes her a few tries to find the perfect spot.

I was hoping she'd sleep at the back of the tank but so far she's in the middle and front :rolleyes:.

JavaJacketOC

Only in the late afternoon when she's settling in for the night. Takes her a few tries to find the perfect spot.

I was hoping she'd sleep at the back of the tank but so far she's in the middle and front :rolleyes:.

The B...There's not a lot of safe feeling spots (at least to me) at the front of my tank but there are several nice little cove like areas and between the rock structure in the middle there are a lot of areas where the sand could be moved and the rocks would create a littler overhead shelf. My Chalk Bass does gets into those areas a lot.

The B...There's not a lot of safe feeling spots (at least to me) at the front of my tank but there are several nice little cove like areas and between the rock structure in the middle there are a lot of areas where the sand could be moved and the rocks would create a littler overhead shelf. My Chalk Bass does gets into those areas a lot.

She tries to squeeze in between the zoas on the right front side of the tank. She used to dive under the open brain

when it was on the right side of the tank. For some reason she prefers the right side of the tank.

I've never seen her swimming on the left for any length of time :).

Happy Spring, B :flower:. Would you be interested in her if I do decide to sell her? She'd be cheap :). Would love both :). Thanks :)I installed the new reflectors this morning. What a difference. I'll post some photos in a few :).

Lol no goby source other the UA thru my lfs. Tank....... hmmmmmm. Let's not go there yet as you seem like very spontaneous person and I'll feel guilty for mayhem it might cause lol

Tank looks amazing! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really does.

Archived