SaltCritters.com

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Thanks, guys :flower:. I honestly wasn't sure how well I'd even be seen, so this was a really nice surprise. When we were doing the scene, what they told us was all very vague, but seeing the whole show now it all makes sense.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some of you guys know, my other tank is going through an ich outbreak. I had an oops moment a few weeks ago where I forgot to turn the pumps back on after turning them off for feeding. They ended up being off for about 6 hours. I thought I was in the clear but a week or so later my fish came down with ich. I attribute that to an overstocked tank. Low oxygen for 4 fish for too long and too much stress. I don't quarantine my fish either :blush:. So anyways, I'm in the middle of trying to cure those fish.

The reason I bring that up here is, now I'm gun shy about this tank. I decided to cancel my order with Unique Coral for those trimma gobies. So no trimmas in here. If I come across a flaming prawn goby or two I'll probably still get them but that would be it. I'm just too afraid now of something bad happening to this tank.

Other than that...nothing new here. Just continued growth. I am going to be taking some monticap frags to a LFS to get cash or credit for those. I've been hacking at the season's greetings a lot lately as you'll be able to tell in the pictures here :). I have so much more hacking to do :lol:.

IMG_9910_zpst8kktuos.jpg

IMG_9913_zpsbfepwcne.jpg

Little does he know that his love is going through a major ordeal right now :(. I wish I could put them back together. He's also gotten fat since she left LOL.

IMG_9904_zpskeg1v7sf.jpg

IMG_9909_zpszseuzudp.jpg

IMG_9902_zpsvsenb7or.jpg

IMG_9899_zpsphq7h7hb.jpg

I'm hoping too for a happy reunion for your neons.

What network does the show come on and when? I don't watch much tv.

I'm hoping too for a happy reunion for your neons.

What network does the show come on and when? I don't watch much tv.

It's actually on yahoo. Here's a link to it:

https://screen.yahoo.com/community/community-episode-6-basic-email-070001281.html

What a fluffy looking clam you have! It's so happy in your tank.

It is really fluffy :wub:. I love that it's big enough now that it doesn't feel the need to put it's foot down. I'm so glad I didn't sell it when I had it for sale a few months ago. Even though it's taking up a ton of real estate, I do love it.

As some of you guys know, my other tank is going through an ich outbreak. I had an oops moment a few weeks ago where I forgot to turn the pumps back on after turning them off for feeding. They ended up being off for about 6 hours. I thought I was in the clear but a week or so later my fish came down with ich. I attribute that to an overstocked tank. Low oxygen for 4 fish for too long and too much stress. I don't quarantine my fish either :blush:. So anyways, I'm in the middle of trying to cure those fish.

The reason I bring that up here is, now I'm gun shy about this tank. I decided to cancel my order with Unique Coral for those trimma gobies. So no trimmas in here. If I come across a flaming prawn goby or two I'll probably still get them but that would be it. I'm just too afraid now of something bad happening to this tank.

Other than that...nothing new here. Just continued growth. I am going to be taking some monticap frags to a LFS to get cash or credit for those. I've been hacking at the season's greetings a lot lately as you'll be able to tell in the pictures here :). I have so much more hacking to do :lol:.

IMG_9910_zpst8kktuos.jpg

IMG_9913_zpsbfepwcne.jpg

Little does he know that his love is going through a major ordeal right now :(. I wish I could put them back together. He's also gotten fat since she left LOL.

IMG_9904_zpskeg1v7sf.jpg

IMG_9909_zpszseuzudp.jpg

IMG_9902_zpsvsenb7or.jpg

IMG_9899_zpsphq7h7hb.jpg

Woah! What's that cute little wrasse you've got in there????

cmccorkle2005

IMG_9910_zpst8kktuos.jpg

IMG_9913_zpsbfepwcne.jpg

IMG_9904_zpskeg1v7sf.jpg

IMG_9909_zpszseuzudp.jpg

IMG_9902_zpsvsenb7or.jpg

IMG_9899_zpsphq7h7hb.jpg

I'm coming into this thread late but you have an amazing tank! You may just be at a point where putting anything else in is just too big of a risk of overdoing the bio load. I hope the ich passes quickly...

Pink Streaked Wrasse! I want one toooo! :wub:

I just researched them. Me three! They stay small and are peaceful! And so gorgeous!

Mr. Microscope

Considering your status here on N-R, I'll consider your appearance on Community more of a cameo than just as an extra. ;) Congrats! Love that show.

Is that a clam in the center of your grape coral? (is that like the frag you gave Tenny?)

It is LOL. A long time ago when I was complaining of lack of space, jedimasterben suggested placing my clam on the monticaps. I never did but the idea has stuck with me all this time. Finally that grape cape was large enough to stick something inside of it, so I did :lol:. I love how it looks and both seem to be tolerating it just fine.

Yep, same grape cap I sent to teeny :).

Woah! What's that cute little wrasse you've got in there????

That's Pinky, the pink streaked wrasse :wub:.

yeah well im the real angry blonde, haha

Oh yeah? What's wrong? LOL :flower:

I'm coming into this thread late but you have an amazing tank! You may just be at a point where putting anything else in is just too big of a risk of overdoing the bio load. I hope the ich passes quickly...

Thank you so much :flower:. It's my 8g tank that has the ich, but since I don't QT my fish, I'm sure it's in this tank too and any blip that could stress out my fish, could cause an attack and I'm really scared of that now LOL. That's why I'm not stocking anything else for a while. I still want the flaming prawn gobies and would love the red eye (pink) gobies, but the chances of finding the red eyes is pretty slim anyways. So far my fish that survived are doing great fingerscrossed.

I just researched them. Me three! They stay small and are peaceful! And so gorgeous!

:happydance:

Considering your status here on N-R, I'll consider your appearance on Community more of a cameo than just as an extra. ;) Congrats! Love that show.

:blush: Thank you, Mr. M. I haven't watched Community for several years. Chevy Chase was still on the show the last time I watched. The characters have changed since then, I noticed. Ken Jeong seems to be as funny as ever though. I wish he was at the door I was trying to get through LOL. He's really nice. Was sitting with us peons between takes :lol:.

Gena, this tank is growing like gangbusters! Those montis are spectacular. The clam looks so cozy in its purple waterbed. :wub:

you're famous, gena!!!! also, i love your lizard!

my friend in LA rescued a bearded dragon and

it is so beautiful. also, my next YA out in september

has a shape shifting serpent as my heroine. hehehe

the tank looks stunning as always!

i love all the shapes and colors!!

oh, just making a joke! ha. but dig your tank, looks nice :)

I figured..and thanks! :flower:.

Gena, this tank is growing like gangbusters! Those montis are spectacular. The clam looks so cozy in its purple waterbed. :wub:

Where's the jaw dropping emoji????? OMG omgomgomg. How exciting to see you are posting!!!!! The monticaps are going crazy. Especially the purple

right now. I walked in the room yesterday and I swear it grew 2" around over night LOL. It's getting monstrous and will probably

overgrow the season's greetings before too long if I don't start trimming it. Thank you for stopping in :flower:.

everything looks beautiful!

Thank you BluCrab :).

you're famous, gena!!!! also, i love your lizard!

my friend in LA rescued a bearded dragon and

it is so beautiful. also, my next YA out in september

has a shape shifting serpent as my heroine. hehehe

the tank looks stunning as always!

i love all the shapes and colors!!

Thanks, Cindy :flower:. My cresties have been dominating my time lately :wub:. Today we're going to put the two together!

Tank looks great, Gena. And you're famous!

Thanks, Jaime :flower:.

My mother in law just informed me she's watching Mike and Molly and it's the one I'm on!!!!! So check it out :).

I'll be wearing jeans, a tan jacket, and a floral scarf.

I'm watching. Where is your appearance?

My mother in law just informed me she's watching Mike and Molly and it's the one I'm on!!!!! So check it out :).

I'll be wearing jeans, a tan jacket, and a floral scarf.

forgot to quote

I'm watching. Where is your appearance?

forgot to quote

THere will be a crowd of protesters. I'll be on the far right. You'll only see me from behind. But when Kathy and Melissa join in on the protest (looking like they are removing their shirts) look for me walking behind them. You should see me clearly :). I hope fingerscrossed.

My mother in law said it's the traffic jam scene right now. I can't wait to watch :). Not for another 2 or 3 hours here.

Archived