ReefCleaners.org

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

My son is 16, so I know just what you're going through Gena (minus the illness, that is) :D Hope he feels better soon!

Same for you daughter, Maniu!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're both dealing with teenagers :lol:. Lately mine has cracked me up with the crazy hormones. He gets so mad at me sometimes because I ask too many questions LOL, but a couple of minutes later, he'll give me a hug.I guess the guilt is too much for him LOL. He's a really good kid. I got lucky :).You know... your daughter's symptoms sound like something that's going around here too. And also in Indiana by my mom. She works inan elementary school so she sees all the illness that is going around. This is just an awful cold/flu season for sure.Chalices are awesome...would love to have one but I don't have the proper space to give one. I had to get rid ofthe little one that I had because it was trying to sting everything. Can't wait to see the colors you got! Plus the clam!Wish I had photos of the new fish to show here. But this artsy gorgonian shot will have to do :).IMG_9591_zpsbvurfa50.jpg

Lol Such a proud mom. Boys can be a handful. I know I was .

Girls are so much better as far as rebellious phase is concern.

But there aren't any guidelines writer in stone to good parenting. Those who claim to have a silver bullet and all the answer are full of crap.

My girl is exceptional and far beyond her age. Yes, she got some of those values after her father. Unfortunately those are mostly flaws. Lol

Now back to corals.

Honestly, I have no idea what I am going to come back home with........ Not even sure I have room for all of it. But I am already waving my options to upgrade. Not that I am not happy with my 16g IM but those cracking glass stories make me wander when not if, ot will happen yo me.

I will post pics of goodie tomorrow.

And I like your artsy pic. Especially colors.

My son is 16, so I know just what you're going through Gena (minus the illness, that is) :D Hope he feels better soon!

Thank you. Looks like we have quite a fun bunch of teens here....

we've been dealing with cough, colds, sneezing,

congestion, occasional fever for MONTHS. will be

happy when the germs take a break. it's like summer

here. of course, i have allergies now. :)

hope everyone and family member is in good health soon!

bummer you didn't get to go shopping, gena.

Whew, glad sickness can't be passed via the internet :lol: hope everyone's families get well soon. We've been pretty lucky here, but my allergies have been worse than ever the last few weeks. I think it's the mild winter and everything blooming way too early.

Bummer on the trimmas, Gena, but at least UC is keeping an eye out for you. So jelly you get to go see it in person!

didn't know chalice needs a lot of space...mine been a model citizen so far. i should pay closer attention to it when light is out.

Well I see people with chalices right near other corals and no issues. I think the one I had

was just extra feisty!

Thanks! Even when he's "grumpy" he's cute. I guess I have a lot of empathy for him because I was a teenager

once and I know what he's going through. I VERY rarely have to raise my voice with him.

Lol Such a proud mom. Boys can be a handful. I know I was .

Girls are so much better as far as rebellious phase is concern.

But there aren't any guidelines writer in stone to good parenting. Those who claim to have a silver bullet and all the answer are full of crap.

My girl is exceptional and far beyond her age. Yes, she got some of those values after her father. Unfortunately those are mostly flaws. Lol

Now back to corals.

Honestly, I have no idea what I am going to come back home with........ Not even sure I have room for all of it. But I am already waving my options to upgrade. Not that I am not happy with my 16g IM but those cracking glass stories make me wander when not if, ot will happen yo me.

I will post pics of goodie tomorrow.

And I like your artsy pic. Especially colors.

Thank you. Looks like we have quite a fun bunch of teens here....

And I've always heard that girls are much harder than boys. Guess I'll never know because

I don't want to know LOL. I would die (emotionally) if I had another child. It's perfect right now.

we've been dealing with cough, colds, sneezing,

congestion, occasional fever for MONTHS. will be

happy when the germs take a break. it's like summer

here. of course, i have allergies now. :)

hope everyone and family member is in good health soon!

bummer you didn't get to go shopping, gena.

I really want to shop omgomgomg. Not really for coral so much but for fish :rolleyes:.

Actuallly what I really want to do is start another tank.

Whew, glad sickness can't be passed via the internet :lol: hope everyone's families get well soon. We've been pretty lucky here, but my allergies have been worse than ever the last few weeks. I think it's the mild winter and everything blooming way too early.

Bummer on the trimmas, Gena, but at least UC is keeping an eye out for you. So jelly you get to go see it in person!

Can't wait to go check out their place!!!!

No chalice frags :(

But picked up 23 frags in total and one cute clam. :)

omgomgomg

Score :).

I had to move my clam again. It was shading the grandis palys :rolleyes:. That thing just won't stop growing LOL.

Moved the clam more center left and had to move a bunch of zoas to the right. I have a huge zoa garden now with a lot

of zoa bouquets :wub:.

IMG_9626_zpslh6h021g.jpg

IMG_9620_zps9btosldp.jpg

IMG_9624_zpstpkle7ce.jpg

I guess there are worse things than out-of-control coral growth :happy:.

I had to move my clam again. It was shading the grandis palys :rolleyes:. That thing just won't stop growing LOL.Moved the clam more center left and had to move a bunch of zoas to the right. I have a huge zoa garden now with a lotof zoa bouquets :wub:.IMG_9626_zpslh6h021g.jpgIMG_9620_zps9btosldp.jpgIMG_9624_zpstpkle7ce.jpgI guess there are worse things than out-of-control coral growth :happy:.

I'm acclimating clam right now. Gonna give her another hour before moving her to new home.

Any tips I could use as clam nub?

Sweet zoas you got there. Brought some as well. I never really was enthusiastic about zoas but colors are so vibrant that it's hard to take zoa lovers for granted.

Your corals grow like weed.

Thanks you guys!!!! I do love my clams. They are fascinating creatures for sure.

I'm acclimating clam right now. Gonna give her another hour before moving her to new home.

Any tips I could use as clam nub?

Sweet zoas you got there. Brought some as well. I never really was enthusiastic about zoas but colors are so vibrant that it's hard to take zoa lovers for granted.

Your corals grow like weed.

Awesome! Starting out I used a couple of frag discs (square shaped) and placed them under the clams. Both attached which makes it easy to move them now.

I don't know what I'd do if they attached to rock or the bottom of the tank. I regularly have to move mine to get algae off.

Oh and guess who woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and stuffed up nose????? :angry: Hopefully I don't

get it as bad as my son :(.

Thanks, I will see if I can move her now as I placed her rather close to the rock.

afaup76.jpg

Ohhhhh are you getting sick? BUMMER!!!!

My girl' results came back from the lab.

Turns out she has very rare bacterial infection.

Antibiotics were prescribed but it could have gone very bad as untreated could be fatal.

Thanks you guys!!!! I do love my clams. They are fascinating creatures for sure.Awesome! Starting out I used a couple of frag discs (square shaped) and placed them under the clams. Both attached which makes it easy to move them now.I don't know what I'd do if they attached to rock or the bottom of the tank. I regularly have to move mine to get algae off.Oh and guess who woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and stuffed up nose????? :angry: Hopefully I don'tget it as bad as my son :(.

Thanks, I will see if I can move her now as I placed her rather close to the rock.

Ohhhhh are you getting sick? BUMMER!!!!

My girl' results came back from the lab.

Turns out she has very rare bacterial infection.

Antibiotics were prescribed but it could have gone very bad as untreated could be fatal.

I LOVE derasas. They get even prettier/more cool as they get bigger :wub:.

yeah...I'm getting sick :(. It's just starting and I can already tell it's going to be a miserable cold :(. I'm just going

to take it really easy and try to sleep a lot today. Drink lots of tea and take my vitamins :).

Thank goodness you got her in for the antibiotics! That's scary!!!!!

I LOVE derasas. They get even prettier/more cool as they get bigger :wub:.yeah...I'm getting sick :(. It's just starting and I can already tell it's going to be a miserable cold :(. I'm just goingto take it really easy and try to sleep a lot today. Drink lots of tea and take my vitamins :).Thank goodness you got her in for the antibiotics! That's scary!!!!!

Any reason to cuddle under warm blanket is good as any ;) lol Just joking. Hope you feel better.

Your clam is huge!!!!! How big is she?

And how difficult are derasas in comparison to clams you have in your tank?

I LOVE derasas. They get even prettier/more cool as they get bigger :wub:.

yeah...I'm getting sick :(. It's just starting and I can already tell it's going to be a miserable cold :(. I'm just going

to take it really easy and try to sleep a lot today. Drink lots of tea and take my vitamins :).

Thank goodness you got her in for the antibiotics! That's scary!!!!!

Emergen-c helped keep my cold manageable last week when I could not afford any days off of work due to travelling!

Any reason to cuddle under warm blanket is good as any ;) lol Just joking. Hope you feel better.

Your clam is huge!!!!! How big is she?

And how difficult are derasas in comparison to clams you have in your tank?

Yep...and watch movies :). That's what I did the last time I wasn't feeling well!

I think derasas are on the same level as squamosas as far as hardiness. Which is on the easier side. My big one is a squamosa.

She's about 7" I think! She was under 3" when I got her. I'll have had her two years in October.

Emergen-c helped keep my cold manageable last week when I could not afford any days off of work due to travelling!

For some reason that stuff doesn't work for me. My mom (the healthfood guru) told me to get oregano oil. So I just ran out to the

health food store and bought some. I already feel better LOL. Could be my imagination but this stuff is supposed

to work fast!

For some reason that stuff doesn't work for me. My mom (the healthfood guru) told me to get oregano oil. So I just ran out to the

health food store and bought some. I already feel better LOL. Could be my imagination but this stuff is supposed

to work fast!

Whatever works!! Feel better!

Whatever works!! Feel better!

Thank you :flower:.

Your Montipora corals are gorgeous! Can only hope mine goes that direction :)

Thanks! Wow...awesome tank you have...that scape :wub:.

I will. I'm hoping to have this be my regular place to shop. Not sure exactly how they are setup. He said they have a store

but they don't advertise it? But they have store hours as far as I know. I'll find out more on Monday :).

I hear you on setting up another tank. I'm looking at my tank and seeing which fish I could get rid of so I can have more gobies LOL.

I probably won't do that though. I'm attached to all my fish now. Speaking of, I need to go feed them :).

I've been to the UC facility in Van Nuys. It was down the street from where I lived. It's sort of hidden in a warehouse area near the airport. I don't even think they have a sign. It's basically a big warehouse facility, with big tubs/tanks, no prices on anything. They have a lot of stuff, but I found it a little difficult to see anything in their big tanks. I haven't been there in about a year, so not sure if it's still set up this way.

Yep...and watch movies :). That's what I did the last time I wasn't feeling well!I think derasas are on the same level as squamosas as far as hardiness. Which is on the easier side. My big one is a squamosa.She's about 7" I think! She was under 3" when I got her. I'll have had her two years in October. For some reason that stuff doesn't work for me. My mom (the healthfood guru) told me to get oregano oil. So I just ran out to thehealth food store and bought some. I already feel better LOL. Could be my imagination but this stuff is supposedto work fast!

WOW! 7" and double its size (I mean length wise) in 2years.....

Any issues with calcium level fluctuations? I would imagine noticeable depletion....

Watching Walking Dead and Blacklist would be my medication + vodka & pepper

I've been to the UC facility in Van Nuys. It was down the street from where I lived. It's sort of hidden in a warehouse area near the airport. I don't even think they have a sign. It's basically a big warehouse facility, with big tubs/tanks, no prices on anything. They have a lot of stuff, but I found it a little difficult to see anything in their big tanks. I haven't been there in about a year, so not sure if it's still set up this way.

Sounds like it's probably the same. He said there isn't a sign but the address is on the building :).

WOW! 7" and double its size (I mean length wise) in 2years.....

Any issues with calcium level fluctuations? I would imagine noticeable depletion....

Watching Walking Dead and Blacklist would be my medication + vodka & pepper

Actually yes. My calcium has dropped recently. Not terribly but around 360 but back to 390. Want to get it over 400. And my alk is high (12dkh) so I'm bringing that down

naturally. I just need to test daily to get it balanced again. Magnesium is 1480.

Corals look happy and I know the monticap is the culprit. The skeleton (is that the right term?) is so thick.

What's this I read about setting up another tank? :lol:

Haha....I wish. It's just a hankering I have right now. I won't do it :).

Sounds like it's probably the same. He said there isn't a sign but the address is on the building :). Actually yes. My calcium has dropped recently. Not terribly but around 360 but back to 390. Want to get it over 400. And my alk is high (12dkh) so I'm bringing that downnaturally. I just need to test daily to get it balanced again. Magnesium is 1480.Corals look happy and I know the monticap is the culprit. The skeleton (is that the right term?) is so thick. Haha....I wish. It's just a hankering I have right now. I won't do it :).

Do you dose 2 part or something else to compensate for calcium level drops.........

Archived