inTank Media Baskets

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

OMG you are a star! you must have an agent?

so excited for you, what fun!

and yes, i thought i was going to die driving

up to where the Uber Rich lived in malibu hills,

but i somehow survived and got gorgeous views for

writing, no writing, no cooking, for two days. ;) it was HEAVEN.

love the little dendro in your latest foto. they are so fun!

Thanks :blush: but I'm a peon in this industry LOL. No agent...not yet anyways ;). Sounds like a heavenly retreat to me!!!!! Glad you had so much fun and relaxation!!!!!

I saw on a few pages back, orange dots on the glass. What were those?

Hmmmm...maybe Christmas lights? Otherwise I have no idea.

Man thats a fat 6 line hiding in the 1st pic.... your leopard is beautiful!!!!!! :)

Congrats on the new gig, any idea what kinda character you will be playing yet??

Thanks, Chris. Like Jaime said, he's actually a pink-streaked wrasse, but they look so much alike except for the color.

So I was hired to be a "rally goer", which I did, but they also asked me to be a "pedestrian" once I got there. So I rallied and then I was a pedestrian on the sidewalk. As a rally goer, if you see me, it will only be from behind. But as a pedestrian, you should see me plain as day from the front. I walk RIGHT behind the action :happydance:.

Melissa McCarthy is a doll. What a sweet lady. Not only did she act but she directed the episode as well, so she was all over the place, in and around us. Plus....bonus....Kathy Bates was there doing a guest spot!!!!!! What an amazing day :D. It was a long day with overtime. Call time was 6:30am and we got out at 4:45pm. But so worth it :D. As I said before...I'd do this for free LOL. But the money is the icing on the cake for sure.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:slap: Pink-streaked wrasse :lol: There's a few of us on N-R that got them because of Pinky.

Wow, yup guess it is, serves me right for doing a quick glance. :wacko:

Thanks, Chris. Like Jaime said, he's actually a pink-streaked wrasse, but they look so much alike except for the color.

So I was hired to be a "rally goer", which I did, but they also asked me to be a "pedestrian" once I got there. So I rallied and then I was a pedestrian on the sidewalk. As a rally goer, if you see me, it will only be from behind. But as a pedestrian, you should see me plain as day from the front. I walk RIGHT behind the action :happydance:.

Melissa McCarthy is a doll. What a sweet lady. Not only did she act but she directed the episode as well, so she was all over the place, in and around us. Plus....bonus....Kathy Bates was there doing a guest spot!!!!!! What an amazing day :D. It was a long day with overtime. Call time was 6:30am and we got out at 4:45pm. But so worth it :D. As I said before...I'd do this for free LOL. But the money is the icing on the cake for sure.

Doh.... Sorry G. I don't know what I was thinking I knew you didn't have a 6 line I've had alot on my mind and just noticed its size and yeah.... :slap::slap: I deserve a double slap lol

Thats so awesome that they had you do two roles like that, movin up!!! Wont be long and you will be getting named roles, and I aint talkin pedestrian #4 :)

Wow, yup guess it is, serves me right for doing a quick glance. :wacko:

Doh.... Sorry G. I don't know what I was thinking I knew you didn't have a 6 line I've had alot on my mind and just noticed its size and yeah.... :slap::slap: I deserve a double slap lol

Thats so awesome that they had you do two roles like that, movin up!!! Wont be long and you will be getting named roles, and I aint talkin pedestrian #4 :)

I'm hoping I'll get a speaking part. It happens sometimes, even though you aren't hired for that. It can happen :happydance:. That leads to bigger and better things!

do you just show up at casting calls then?

so cool. no need to share a % with agent till

you get bigger. ;) hee!

The casting company I work for posts jobs that are available online. If I fit the description, I submit my name. If the casting director agrees, I get the job :). It's all done by phoning in or emailing....easy peasy.

Congrats on the film gigs! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Thanks, Mr. M.!!!! It's a ton of fun and I absolutely love it!!!!!

Glad you're having so much fun! You'll have to keep us posted when each show you're in is on TV so we can watch you. :)

They don't tell us, on purpose. So I'm at the mercy of just watching these shows or reading what the upcoming show is about since I know the premise of each show I've been on. As soon as I know, I'll let you guys know :).

my blastos are melting =(.....nooooo. did any of yours survive? it's brown jelly. i sucked out as much as i can with turkey baster.

Ugh...blastos :angry:. I don't have any left. My last two kept getting buried with sand (the wrasse) and it killed them. Sand is the death of blastos, in my experience. I do have some merlettis doing well in the 8g tank...but they've never been covered with sand either. I think merlettis are hardier in general too.

Sorry to hear about yours. I've given up on them for now. Until I have a spot where they are on the rocks and far from sand, no more for me :).

IMG_0523_zps13158a3e.jpg

That's what i'm talking about! I think i need me a tasty drink tonight!

Living the dream over there! Glad to see youre putting these last few years your gonna be in Cali to extra good use. Congrats on all the fun :D

Love seeing pics of your wrasse. So different in pattern and color from mine. Beautiful <o))))><

Ugh...blastos :angry:. I don't have any left. My last two kept getting buried with sand (the wrasse) and it killed them. Sand is the death of blastos, in my experience. I do have some merlettis doing well in the 8g tank...but they've never been covered with sand either. I think merlettis are hardier in general too.

Sorry to hear about yours. I've given up on them for now. Until I have a spot where they are on the rocks and far from sand, no more for me :).

Agreed; merlettis seem much tougher. And they grow like gangbusters compared to wellsis :lol:. I think sand is the death of lots of LPS :rolleyes:

Agreed; merlettis seem much tougher. And they grow like gangbusters compared to wellsis :lol:. I think sand is the death of lots of LPS :rolleyes:

dang it...i dont have room on my rock for them. they been fine on the sandbed for months. sigh.

That's what i'm talking about! I think i need me a tasty drink tonight!

Living the dream over there! Glad to see youre putting these last few years your gonna be in Cali to extra good use. Congrats on all the fun :D

Love seeing pics of your wrasse. So different in pattern and color from mine. Beautiful <o))))><

Thank you!!!! Yeah, I would have kicked myself if we moved away without me being involved with the television/movie industry somehow. This is like perfect for me. I get to be on TV, on great shows, and hopefully movies. But without a ton of pressure. I get to see what it's like behind-the-scenes. And I get to hang out with actors, some famous, some not, all day. They put in long hours! Granted they get paid a heck of a lot more than I do LOL.

My wrasse is a blue star leopard. The colors are amazing on her. She's a fatty too. So glad she's doing so well for me :).

dang it...i dont have room on my rock for them. they been fine on the sandbed for months. sigh.

Have you noticed if they've been covered with sand at all? Maybe a fish kicked it up on them? Or your clam blew sand on them? My clam and my fish were both guilty.

My brother just sent me this link. By melevsreef. Of course right away I noticed he has a Marilyn Monroe photo on the wall behind him LOL.

Guess Melev's a MM fan :). Maybe this link will help anyone with a hair algae problem.

Thanks for the video, Gena! It's interesting that Melev is a big fan of Phosphate Rx over using GFO. Do you have any experience with it?

jedimasterben

Thanks for the video, Gena! It's interesting that Melev is a big fan of Phosphate Rx over using GFO. Do you have any experience with it?

It's called lanthanum chloride. It basically acts as a flocculent for phosphate and is removed by a protein skimmer (mechanical filtration doesn't usually do the trick alone). It does leave some lanthanum in the water, how this could affect corals isn't known, but it could be a problem in smaller tanks.

I have no experience with it. My brother is having a HA outbreak so he was looking for some ideas. I'll let you know if he tries it. I told him to be careful with reducing phosphate since he has a tank full of SPS.

You excited for TWD tonight? I'm interested to see what direction they take the show after that midseason finale!

I CAN'T WAIT omgomgomg. Been waiting a LONG time for this...Sunday nights will be fun again :).

i had a blasto that was doing so well. never any sand in it.

but it went into sudden death within 24 hours. very sad.

not going to try them again.

i had a blasto that was doing so well. never any sand in it.

but it went into sudden death within 24 hours. very sad.

not going to try them again.

I didn't have luck either Cindy. For 2 wks I tried 3 different locations in my tank and never found what it wanted in my Evolve8.

Maybe they are just really difficult then. I was blaming the sand for the demise. But now I'm not sure. Nothing else is having problems in my tank so that's why I figured it was just the sand. Mine were completely buried at times :angry:.

Well, no more blastos for me. Except for merlettis :).

Archived