Cultivated Reef

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paleoreef103

Thanks Paleo, I haven't touched the acrylic overflow since starting the tank, it went through a stage with some algae on it then it all disappeared over time with help of the CUC. Thanks for your complements, thanks for stopping in :)

How are your Magnesium levels? Coralline algae uses high-Mg calcite for its skeleton so low Mg levels might prevent the formation of much coralline. Just a thought. Gorgeous as always.

• 2 weeks later...

VERY impressive, NT.... :D

Thank you :)

How are your Magnesium levels? Coralline algae uses high-Mg calcite for its skeleton so low Mg levels might prevent the formation of much coralline. Just a thought. Gorgeous as always.

Didn't know that ;)

Mg is 1340ppm

Thanks Paleoreef

So just a small update on my Eagle Eye Zoas, they seem to like the higher light intensity. Skirts are long, must be the new fashion. They are growing off the frag plug so time to frag I guess.

14274351283_0fd165b178_c.jpg

This Montipora, which I think may be M.cebuensis, based on how it was growing in my 20 gallon tank, seems to be happy, albeit slightly dark. I am digging the blue polyps. I have another frag in my 20 gallon now that seems to be more pink with blue polyps. I am hoping to get this coral growing so I can share it with others eventually. (best picture I could get top down).

14253807874_4525f05382_c.jpg

Paleoreef103

Thank you :)

Didn't know that ;)

Mg is 1340ppm

Thanks Paleoreef

That should be plenty, so I doubt that's the cause. That's a really nice Monti!

TheKleinReef

I has some of that! i'm waiting for it to grow a bit more before i move it to the 65. i love the fact that the purple polyps are a slightly different shade than the purple flesh.

• 1 month later...
BattleAthletics

Little Photo DUMP :)

13960341618_9a8c8d31dd_c.jpg

14144104132_d0c89db439_c.jpg

13960357018_19bf0e1823_c.jpg

13960366328_c46c02f602_c.jpg

14167067613_09fe55366a_c.jpg

14167066473_d9b9cebeb1_c.jpg

14143681971_8fe38e3996_c.jpg

13960351448_cb4bbbec90_c.jpg

14144102602_ee6e9e9ea8_c.jpg

13960351490_a204c430d1_c.jpg

14144112522_971e947d2c_c.jpg

14144117532_360c768496_c.jpg

14143688221_c9987ae89f_c.jpg

14144098462_b99f92b87e_c.jpg

14058627134_7716b7341e_c.jpg

Look at this peeps, TOTM worthy!

Update us Christine!

Thanks BA, not so sure it is TOTM worthy but thank you for the complement :) Besides I have already had that honour here on NR for my 20g.

Updates (pictures) are coming soooooon, tank is growing in nicely.

Out of curiosity, how much flow do you think you're getting in this tank?

I would say 500GPH total, not a lot, but maybe just enough. I have been pondering the thought of adding a small power head in the tank but that would spoil my design LOL.

I would say 500GPH total, not a lot, but maybe just enough. I have been pondering the thought of adding a small power head in the tank but that would spoil my design LOL.

Dad gummit! I was hoping it was around 150-200GPH.

I'm trying to figure out whether I can get away with only having an eheim 2215 (160GPH) on my tank without any powerheads.

Ofc it's almost 3x the turnover of 160GPH. ;_; fml.

Im using a 600GPH Tunze return, with the head pressure I still give it 500GPH by the time it hits the tank.

I think it depends what you are keeping really but when water has too little flow, all sorts of bad things start to happen.

BTW, I also blow off the rocks once a day with a Kent Feeder (turkey baster), keeps the rocks pretty clean.

I think it depends what you are keeping really but when water has too little flow, all sorts of bad things start to happen.

This is what I'm worried about.

BattleAthletics

Thanks BA, not so sure it is TOTM worthy but thank you for the complement :) Besides I have already had that honour here on NR for my 20g.

Updates (pictures) are coming soooooon, tank is growing in nicely.

Ehh one TOTM is over rated, two is the new fad!
jedimasterben

Hopefully it is not emaciated like most are down here in the states when they come in I went through nearly half a dozen before I finally got a pair that would survive (and now thrive and spawn).

Hopefully it is not emaciated like most are down here in the states when they come in I went through nearly half a dozen before I finally got a pair that would survive (and now thrive and spawn).

This guy is so small I can't tell LOL, He's been in LFS for a month or so, so I figure he is eating okay, saw him nip at a mysis shrimp. He will have pods to eat when he goes in the tank, which is right now :)

Piscine Energetics Special Grade Mysis, basically they are smaller than the original mysis. Going to try them out now.

14493490139_cc2500fb03.jpg

jedimasterben

I've been looking for those for a while, but all of the LFS looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about it. "Mysis don't come any smaller". lol

I also have a hard time finding non-thawed out mysis. All that I can find locally are dirt brown in the store instead of white/clear like they should be. :/

I've been looking for those for a while, but all of the LFS looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about it. "Mysis don't come any smaller". lol

I also have a hard time finding non-thawed out mysis. All that I can find locally are dirt brown in the store instead of white/clear like they should be. :/

There from Canada you know :)

These are white but I still found some larger ones in the cube, maybe 15%. They don't seem to have the oils like the regular PE Mysis does. See how it goes after a few cubes :)

i em ever so slightly envious of this tank :) amazing build! i may take "inspiration" from your build and ... copy most of it ;)

not sure if it have been asked, i have read though the thread once and skimmed for details a couple of times, but how are you finding the nanobox?

Archived