Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

your tank is so inspiring =). I read in your TOTM article that you dose zeovit additives and i am hoping you can answer a few questions for me. I bought zeovit nano power recently after I added a red sponge from KP Aquatics to my Spec V. The instruction for Sponge Power is 1 drop per 25 gallons, but what are you dosing for your 7 gallon tank? Do you dilute the drop and throw away a portion of it?

Thanks ninja, and congratulations on your TOTM. I dose 1 drop 3 times a week of Sponge Power in my 7 gallon without issues. If you like you can just dose 1 drop less frequently but 2 drops a week should not be an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been exceptionally lazy sine getting back from my trip. Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on TOTM in January :D. Your beautiful tanks are amongst my top 10 on the forums.

How's the nano doser going? I saw them on Reef-Builders towards the end of the year and thought they would be perfect for vodka/vinegar/zeo dosing. Any additional comments from our review a few pages back?

I have been exceptionally lazy sine getting back from my trip. Just wanted to stop by and say congrats on TOTM in January :D. Your beautiful tanks are amongst my top 10 on the forums.

How's the nano doser going? I saw them on Reef-Builders towards the end of the year and thought they would be perfect for vodka/vinegar/zeo dosing. Any additional comments from our review a few pages back?

Thanks RollaJase :) These dosers have been 100% for me, I absolutely love them for smaller doses. I have two more coming any day now. The accuracy and automaton of these pumps make them perfect for nano dosing. On my 7 gallon tank I will use two for dosing Ca and ALK. On my 20 gallon I will use two as well, one for carbon (ZEOstart3) dosing and one for Iodine dosing.

Thanks RollaJase :) These dosers have been 100% for me, I absolutely love them for smaller doses. I have two more coming any day now. The accuracy and automaton of these pumps make them perfect for nano dosing. On my 7 gallon tank I will use two for dosing Ca and ALK. On my 20 gallon I will use two as well, one for carbon (ZEOstart3) dosing and one for Iodine dosing.

Glad to hear that you are having success with them :), I may pick one up to try later down the track. I'm wanting to dry dosing a few other things and really am kicking myself for buying a triple head doser over a quad head model. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

So far they have been very reliable for me, I just got 2 more in the mail. Hope to hook them up today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any updates? I'm considering doing a similar build and was wondering if there was anything you might have done differently now that the tank has been up and running a while.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived