Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

This build is sick!

Love the sleekness and the colors!

So KLEEN! high 5 and bravo bravo

Thank you guys :)

Finally picked up my spiral corals today...

12737521174_ace3b42399_c.jpg

12737587224_3c5a5b74d4_c.jpg

12737039645_e4a4d2e2f5_c.jpg
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LiquidTension82

Wow. This tank inspires me and at the same time makes me want to hang up this hobby, lol

Yeah I look at this thread then look over at my tank and get depressed. :( But, someday I'll be able to build a masterpiece like this. :D

Christine this tank is definitely something to aspire to, thank for sharing it with us and keep up the amazing work.

Do you mind me asking where you're getting your livestock? Canada Corals practically tripled their prices after the move, so I'm looking for somewhere more reasonable.

It looks like they are doing well so far. Nice colors on them too.

Thanks, these are a challenge to keep long term (as I am told) so I will be paying special attention to them. Gave them a cyclopeeze bath this morning ;)

Wow. This tank inspires me and at the same time makes me want to hang up this hobby, lol

Awe thanks Tibbsy :wub:

Yeah I look at this thread then look over at my tank and get depressed. :( But, someday I'll be able to build a masterpiece like this. :D

Christine this tank is definitely something to aspire to, thank for sharing it with us and keep up the amazing work.

Thank you for the nice complements :)

Do you mind me asking where you're getting your livestock? Canada Corals practically tripled their prices after the move, so I'm looking for somewhere more reasonable.

PM'd :)

Seriously, every time I look at this thread it takes me forever, because I have to go ALL the way back to the beginning to try and figure out how you did this to such exquisite detail and with such perfection. I want to be your DIY apprentice!

Edit: Christine - I can't seem to find the return pump you are using? I am clearly missing it, as I know you've put it out there somewhere.

Also, when you made your stand with the lip for the tank to fit in, did you just measure the stand sides to sit up higher than the stand top that the tank sits on? How did you actually attach the stand top that the tank sits on?

Seriously, every time I look at this thread it takes me forever, because I have to go ALL the way back to the beginning to try and figure out how you did this to such exquisite detail and with such perfection. I want to be your DIY apprentice!

Edit: Christine - I can't seem to find the return pump you are using? I am clearly missing it, as I know you've put it out there somewhere.

Also, when you made your stand with the lip for the tank to fit in, did you just measure the stand sides to sit up higher than the stand top that the tank sits on? How did you actually attach the stand top that the tank sits on?

The return pump is a Tunze Silence Water pump - 1073.020 , 634 GPH.

Yes the lip is an extension of the side walls, this picture is the best I have to show this:

8907250855_275c7d17e6_z.jpg
The stand top is just supported with bracing below a ½" plywood top, you can see the bracing with the LED's mounted on. They are 2x2 cut diagonally and trimmed.
9924721923_033b37fb10_z.jpg

Seems the Spiral Corals are settling in quite well...
Day added:
12737521174_ace3b42399_z.jpg
Today, those polyps are delicious :)

12846749155_648c13768b_z.jpg

Inspiring! Love this whole thread.

Overflow Box with Lid

​Unconventional White

This was a lot of work and I am glad it's done. I am very happy with the result. I siliconed it in place today and made the removable lid.

The pictures are self explanatory but if anyone has questions, fire away!

9889918854_9e3850a30f_c.jpg

9890027523_d6e33fb979_c.jpg

9889899715_47d6fd84dd_c.jpg

9889915865_38015c0335_c.jpg

This is awesome. What thickness of acrylic did you use? How did you make your cuts? What are the dimensions of slats in the strainer. Any tips on making an overflow box like the one you have made here? I am working on modding 6.5 mr aqua bookshelf tank into an AIO with my heater and pump inside of an overflow box like the one you have made here.

Inspiring! Love this whole thread.

This is awesome. What thickness of acrylic did you use? How did you make your cuts? What are the dimensions of slats in the strainer. Any tips on making an overflow box like the one you have made here? I am working on modding 6.5 mr aqua bookshelf tank into an AIO with my heater and pump inside of an overflow box like the one you have made here.

Thank you and sorry for the delay answering,

White acrylic is 4.5mm, I wanted 5mm but I could not find it. The 4.5mm worked out just fine :)

Cuts are by jig saw and dremel tool, file for smoothing.I think the the width of the teeth are 5mm and the height is 1" (24mm). Helps to draw it out before cutting, pretty straight forward really. I used methylene chloride (Weld-on 4 basically) for the bonding. Good luck with your build.

Recent shot of my Goniastrea in feed mode...

12962522594_2e5f5fb145_c.jpg

Such a beautiful little tank. Only made even better with your attention to detail, clean lines, and amazing photography.

Thanks kat :wub:

This tank has been a great inspiration in my build. I love everything about it.

I have a question for you. How do you like the cepex ball valves? You are running a Herbie correct? How is the tunability of the cepex? I am in between these or gate valves. I think the cepex look nicer and would work better in my setup, but don't want to have to fiddle with them all the time. Thanks!

Tank is looking beautiful Christine!

Thank you VA :)

This tank has been a great inspiration in my build. I love everything about it. I have a question for you. How do you like the cepex ball valves? You are running a Herbie correct? How is the tunability of the cetex? I am in between these or gate valves. I think the cetex look nicer and would work better in my setup, but don't want to have to fiddle with them all the time. Thanks!

Thanks Alex, glad it could be an inspiration for you. The Cepex ball valves are quality and completely serviceable (need be). I leave them fully open, only closing them for maintenance purposes so I can't comment on partially closing them. They are very smooth to rotate however. Hope that helps answer your question. Have you seen this?

Polarcollision

Your spiral coral intro macro zooms/pans are out of this world! I'm falling in love with their spirals and colors. Did you pick up a rail, or are your hands actually that steady?? You know, the pillar portion of this reef has an almost temperate feel to it. Pretty cool illusion. ;-)

Archived