inTank Media Baskets

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to try and make it to the LFS next week to buy some corals to add. FTS in about a week guys.

Thanks for following.

• 2 weeks later...

Some corals are starting to lighten up, maybe too much?

Rainbow Montipora Nov 11

10808186175_d4b8639219_c.jpg
Today
11439965155_94fafe68b7_c.jpg

I also like a spotless tank, but I ran into the pale corals issue, too. I personally feel that deep, rich pigmentation goes along with healthy corals, so I feed to get that result without adding too much in the way of excess nutrients. I've learned to live with with the small amount of algae that tends to develop.

I also like a spotless tank, but I ran into the pale corals issue, too. I personally feel that deep, rich pigmentation goes along with healthy corals, so I feed to get that result without adding too much in the way of excess nutrients. I've learned to live with with the small amount of algae that tends to develop.

Ya, I am with you, but I think I would be happy with something in-between the two photo's. I've been pumping in the KZ Xtra, AALPS, and Sponge Power to keep the water rich, tank is still stabilizing and some corals are dark, others light, and yet others in-between. I have some algae forming so I know PO4 is not too low.

Ya, I am with you, but I think I would be happy with something in-between the two photo's. I've been pumping in the KZ Xtra, AALPS, and Sponge Power to keep the water rich, tank is still stabilizing and some corals are dark, others light, and yet others in-between. I have some algae forming so I know PO4 is not too low.

Not quite sure what all those additives are, but they do have interesting names!

I'm so 'old school' reefer that I learned in a cave and my teacher's name was 'Ogg' ;) When my corals start to pale I take a few small pieces of high quality flake or pellet foods and rub them between thumb and forefinger into a fine paste underwater when I feed the fish daily. Really helps my corals to color up and look healthy :)

Cool thing about this hobby is that are different ways to get the results we are looking for.

I finally picked up my fish, but not the exact species I was hoping for, they are still cool and eating like piranhas, three Apogon margaritophorus or Checkered Cardinal Fish. They are in QT for 30 days before going into the ADA.

11595982504_c3ff1fc4d5_c.jpg

11595689285_71fb8e33f9_c.jpg
Picked this up at the same time, Euphyllia.

11595683705_f5ffc014c6_c.jpg
Picked up these Eagle Eyes a couple of weeks ago, just forgot to show them.

11596446716_5c05643f08_c.jpg
This Goniastrea has been in for a while now, doing quite well.

11595879603_d90d579da4_c.jpg
I also picked up a small cleaner shrimp to replace two fatalities. I was sad to find my Leander plumosus (Long nose shrimp) on the floor, how he got there is a mystery to me. Also, one of my small Thor amboinensis (Sexy shrimp) was found in the filter sock dead, must have slipped through the overflow teeth at night. Currently I have 3 sexy shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, and my Periclimenes brevicarpalis shrimp. The Shark Nose Goby is doing well also in the tank, currently has run of the tank.
I pulled some of the montipora out, they were not doing very well, I think I put them in too soon. I still have the monties in that are doing well. still adding corals and sorting out the tank. Hope to have a FTS in a couple of weeks. I have been busy and have 4 tanks running right now.
Thanks for following everyone :)

LiquidTension82

Beautiful tank! I've been following for a while, but never posted anything. I just cant find the right words to describe your build. only one comes to mind...Perfection! everything was so well thought out, so well built and your livestock looks so healthy. I hope someday I can build something as beautiful as this. :bowdown:

Great additions! ;)

Very nice additions, indeed. The Cardinals are quite elegant.

I have always liked them but could never put them in my SPS system, just too much flow.

Beautiful tank! I've been following for a while, but never posted anything. I just cant find the right words to describe your build. only one comes to mind...Perfection! everything was so well thought out, so well built and your livestock looks so healthy. I hope someday I can build something as beautiful as this. :bowdown:

Thank you, glad you can follow along :)

Sweet Tank!!! Is there anything you can't do ?? Just read all 31 pages and man you have some serious diy skills... This build is TOTM - IMO!!!

Great photos as normal Christine. I am in the same boat with my small cube. I think I put a few corals in to early.

Hope all else is well your way.

-Dave

Sweet Tank!!! Is there anything you can't do ?? Just read all 31 pages and man you have some serious diy skills... This build is TOTM - IMO!!!

Haha, there are many things I can't do ! Thanks for following, this was a huge effort, something I wanted to do for quite some time.

Looking good Christine!

Thanks Indy, almost there now, just a couple more corals and the fish and I'm done. I will make a video when it's altogether :)

Great photos as normal Christine. I am in the same boat with my small cube. I think I put a few corals in to early.

Hope all else is well your way.

-Dave

Thanks Dave, the tank hadn't quite stabilized when I put some corals in, just a couple didn't fair well. Things are stable now and the colours are starting to appear again. I'm pretty happy with the tank and light, the corals seem to be as well. Once I get the tank in tip top order I will take some FTS :)

buddythelion

Love how you were able to get this little guy upside! Great updates and photos. This thread is full of eye candies. :D

11739023124_b4846ed32c_c.jpg

Love how you were able to get this little guy upside! Great updates and photos. This thread is full of eye candies. :D

One of his favourite hang outs :)

• 3 weeks later...

Found some gems today at the LFS...

Goniastrea, set me back a little but I had to have it :)

12144548625_d1e94546b7_z.jpg
Watermelon Chalice, not unique but a good deal.
12144536765_b89d2750b0_z.jpg
Cyphastrea Decadia, a little upset after the dip but I think this will make a good addition to the tank.
12145203236_c5e53e39a0_z.jpg

Almost forgot...

the Rainbow montipora is showing some better colour again and some growth.

12145305736_a3ffda9394_z.jpg

Archived