• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4n5dl.jpg

Didn't Tony Robins say that?

LOL

I'm ready for a new fts AGAIN!

Already?

Great FTS Christine! I love the rainbow monti btw. I have been meaning to get a frag of that myself.

Thanks, I hope it grows fast in this tank.

On order...

Yellowstriped (Orange Lined) Cardinalfish (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma)

10720546235_276ba8ae69.jpg

I had 3 of those yellow striped in my 30c, really good looking fish.

That's good to know Brad, I was thinking 3 exactly. This tank has me excited again about the hobby. Nothing like a new build to renew interest. :)

jedimasterben

I can't wait to get my system moved and back to what it should be, I'm gonna get some of those (well, Periclimenes yucatan or Ancylomenes pedersoni, both Caribbean).

Oooo new brain! I like it.

O ma gird :o

Thanks again guys,

right now my tank is experiencing the diatoms, no FTS for a while :)

FTS

It's a start

Still have much to add but it's a start. My Sharknose goby was photo shy but he seems to be enjoying his new digs.

10676084005_8ec7f5ee6f_c.jpg

10676137466_49deb67b26_c.jpg

10676074845_ab89a3a471_c.jpg

I'm going to be moving some corals around and adding quite a bit over the next few weeks.

Nice! Very clean build, for sure!

Hi, I have been followed your thread and your tank looks full of awesomeness! How do you like your Nano Box? I'm thinking of swapping my AI Vega for this unit because I'm not pleased with how red/yellow/green colors (in corals) don't pop as much. Do you run your light at full power? Thanks so much!

Hi, I have been followed your thread and your tank looks full of awesomeness! How do you like your Nano Box? I'm thinking of swapping my AI Vega for this unit because I'm not pleased with how red/yellow/green colors (in corals) don't pop as much. Do you run your light at full power? Thanks so much!

I chose the leds in the fixture and have them on 4 channels so I am pretty happy with the spectrum. I have 13 leds and would say I'm averaging 50% right now. Think that's where I will settle at. I am not big on warm spectrums for my tanks, I have found them problematic in the past but obviously some warm is needed to achieve white in the tank otherwise it would be too blue/cyan. The nice thing about a custom unit is you can choose what spectrums you want in it, and with a controller, be able to tweak it considerably after that, can't go wrong.

Nice! Very clean build, for sure!

Thank you, thank you :)

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Beautiful colors on that trachy. I love the pink/orange around the edge.

On your last FTS it looks like there is something on top of your rocks. What do you have up there? Encrusting monti?

Wow! Beautiful colors on that trachy. I love the pink/orange around the edge.

On your last FTS it looks like there is something on top of your rocks. What do you have up there? Encrusting monti?

Thanks Mr.M, yes I put a frag of monti up there but it started to beach so I have moved it to the sand bed for a while. I was hoping to have the top are all incrusting monti but it may be a little too bright, I will try again with a rainbow monti and see how that does.

I am planning to pick up some more frags soon, little bit of everything to fill in the white spaces a bit more then just let it grow. I have 6 small shrimp and a small goby in there and I was thinking to add some cardinals as well because if you stand two feet away from the tank it looks empty, LOL.

Mr. Microscope

Thanks Mr.M, yes I put a frag of monti up there but it started to beach so I have moved it to the sand bed for a while. I was hoping to have the top are all incrusting monti but it may be a little too bright, I will try again with a rainbow monti and see how that does.

I am planning to pick up some more frags soon, little bit of everything to fill in the white spaces a bit more then just let it grow. I have 6 small shrimp and a small goby in there and I was thinking to add some cardinals as well because if you stand two feet away from the tank it looks empty, LOL.

Cool. Maybe move the monti's up the side of the glass slowly on a frag rack to photo acclimate them.

Cardinals get pretty big fast. My bangaii started out as a tiny pup and it got huge after just about a year. IDK, maybe pajamas stay smaller. Big or small, they do just kinda float around. So, maybe they'd be okay, but I wouldn't risk it.

Alternate suggestion: I'm not so sure how this would work with your goby in there, but I recommend a captive bred orchid dottyback if you can find one. It's a stunning addition, explores all over the tank, and so far mine has been a perfect citizen with all the other fish in my system. The captive bred dottybacks are supposedly much more chill as are orchids. It'd definitely give a little more action to your tank as I'm sure every time walk by you'll see a little purple flashing around out of the corner of your eye.

What is the switching mechanism you used? Would love to add something like that.

Electricals

Reservoir Area

Starting to sort out the wires

9053675965_d3fca9ce85_z.jpg
Looking at the front of the reservoir area without reservoir tank

9055884180_f4f8236433_z.jpg

Looking up under the reservoir area, still some more cords to plug in once the sump and ATO reservoir is in place
9053655415_fff0e65a48_z.jpg

Archived