inTank Media Baskets

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

This is sooo gorgeous!!!! I covet those pink and green blastos OMG... they are incredible!!!! What kind are they and where did you find them?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoTopia

I was actually about to comment about how jealous I was that your overflow was that clean and ask you how you kept the acrylic so clean!

Seriously though, I love this tank. It is an amazingly well thought out, clean, and consists of healthy, vibrant livestock.

Thanks Paleo, I haven't touched the acrylic overflow since starting the tank, it went through a stage with some algae on it then it all disappeared over time with help of the CUC. Thanks for your complements, thanks for stopping in :)

NanoTopia

This is sooo gorgeous!!!! I covet those pink and green blastos OMG... they are incredible!!!! What kind are they and where did you find them?

Hello Gena,

I got the Blastomussa wellsi at a LFS here in BC. The green centres have become increasingly more bioluminescent over the months, photo can't show how stunning this looks in the tank, even with the day lights on. At night its a real light show with all the other corals glowing.

Hello Gena,

I got the Blastomussa wellsi at a LFS here in BC. The green centres have become increasingly more bioluminescent over the months, photo can't show how stunning this looks in the tank, even with the day lights on. At night its a real light show with all the other corals glowing.

What a score those were!!!! I'll be on the lookout for some. Maybe I'll show my LFS a picture of yours and ask if he can find me some just like them :).

It's a new page, I think we need more photos of the blastos :D.

SouthFlorida_Tron

How do you feel the nano box mini fits the dims, too much for a 8x8x8? Cad led isn't cutting it...

Mr. Microscope

A-MAY-zing!!!

How are those montis doing up on top? Have you figured out some sort of shade for them?

Reefkid88

I really need to subscribe to this,I've missed too many updates lol. This thing is amazing. I wouldn't expect anything else though seeming your attention to detail and all that jazz.

Officially following disssss :D

Arkayology

Your tank is looking spectacular, Christine! I think my fav would have to be the monti at the top. Is that a rainbow that is getting a ton of light?

NanoTopia

What a score those were!!!! I'll be on the lookout for some. Maybe I'll show my LFS a picture of yours and ask if he can find me some just like them :).

It's a new page, I think we need more photos of the blastos :D.

As you wish...

How do you feel the nano box mini fits the dims, too much for a 8x8x8? Cad led isn't cutting it...

Fits 12 x 12 x 12 quite well, I would think just as well for 8" cubed, need the Coralux Storm controller and skies the limit :)

A-MAY-zing!!!

How are those montis doing up on top? Have you figured out some sort of shade for them?

Thanks Mr. M, They are doing just fine, no shade, they are getting blasted 1" below the water line and seem to be fine with it.

I really need to subscribe to this,I've missed too many updates lol. This thing is amazing. I wouldn't expect anything else though seeming your attention to detail and all that jazz.

Officially following disssss :D

Thanks for following :)

Your tank is looking spectacular, Christine! I think my fav would have to be the monti at the top. Is that a rainbow that is getting a ton of light?

Thanks Indy, It is a rainbow, I originally had it down near the bottom and it didn't look like it was doing so great so I put it up on top, encrusting nicely now :)

Clean! I like how I couldn't spot a single frag disk in the tank or did you just hid those well....lol.

:)

Do you just run it at 100%?

Dave custom made my Nanobox, 4 channels, Coralux Storm controller. I run it about 50% overall.

Clean! I like how I couldn't spot a single frag disk in the tank or did you just hid those well....lol.

:)

;) Thank you

lurve. :wub:

:happy: Thanks Dave

As you wish...

So so very pretty!!!!!! Thank you :flower:.

Would that light cover a 14x14x10" well enough? Been thinking about getting one :).

So so very pretty!!!!!! Thank you :flower:.

Would that light cover a 14x14x10" well enough? Been thinking about getting one :).

Thanks Gena. I think it would, ask Dave to make you what he made me, I am very happy with the spectrums and control. I am running my light at around 50%, this thing is bright. I think 14 leds, LOL can't remember now.

Thanks Gena. I think it would, ask Dave to make you what he made me, I am very happy with the spectrums and control. I am running my light at around 50%, this thing is bright. I think 14 leds, LOL can't remember now.

I'll have to ask him for a quote. Thank you for the info!!!!

I'll have to ask him for a quote. Thank you for the info!!!!

Tell Dave you want the "TOTM" discount special :happy:

Awesome stuff, I love chalice of yours, how its cascading down the rock. Mine is starting to do the same :).

Christine - just read through your thread for the first time (can't believe I hadn't yet, but I have been "off reefing" for the last year). Reading it kind of reminds me when a friend recommends a long TV series that is already out on DVD. You go into marathon mode over a weekend and just keep watching and watching. Turns out to be your new favorite show of all time!

That pretty much sums up what it was like to read through the thread and learn about your build :). Aspirational is the best comment so far!

Haha :lol:. Will do!

:happy:

Awesome stuff, I love chalice of yours, how its cascading down the rock. Mine is starting to do the same :).

Thanks, that chalice I have had for 2 years, always had problems on and off with it, never seemed to want to grow much. It came to me originally in bad condition. Now it is starting and I hope it continues.

Christine - just read through your thread for the first time (can't believe I hadn't yet, but I have been "off reefing" for the last year). Reading it kind of reminds me when a friend recommends a long TV series that is already out on DVD. You go into marathon mode over a weekend and just keep watching and watching. Turns out to be your new favorite show of all time!

That pretty much sums up what it was like to read through the thread and learn about your build :). Aspirational is the best comment so far!

Thank you so much for your kind comments :) Glad to have you along for the ride.

Soo amazing. I love the white overflow.

Thanks Aj, I wanted the tank to look bright, just trying something different ;)

Archived