Cultivated Reef

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing left to do here. NanoTopia has won NanoReef, we might as well all go home.

This is nuts! My setup sucks!

LOL

You guys are all my inspiration here.

Kfmmartin19

So I see that u have an apex in your 20 but a RKL for this one. Idk how much experience u have with the RKL but was wondering if u could recommend one for someone who has never had a controller before. Is the apex jr really worth the $100 more than the RKL? It would be between those two for me

Electricals

Reservoir Area

Starting to sort out the wires

9053675965_d3fca9ce85_z.jpg
Looking at the front of the reservoir area without reservoir tank

9055884180_f4f8236433_z.jpg

Looking up under the reservoir area, still some more cords to plug in once the sump and ATO reservoir is in place
9053655415_fff0e65a48_z.jpg

So I see that u have an apex in your 20 but a RKL for this one. Idk how much experience u have with the RKL but was wondering if u could recommend one for someone who has never had a controller before. Is the apex jr really worth the $100 more than the RKL? It would be between those two for me

I would go with the Apex Jr.

I went with the DA Reefkeeper Lite simply because all I need to control is temperature (fan/heater) for this build. The LED fixture will have it's own controller. I love my Apex for the 20 gallon, it has unlimited possibilities.

BattleAthletics

The things I would do for this setup...

Id start by setting it up.

EDIT: This is my 404th posts, cannot be found.

This stand keeps getting better! You are making me want to throw mine away and start over! The outside of mine is pretty good(imo)but the inside is blah compaired to this!

Kfmmartin19
Acrylic Crafting

Exterior Fan Cover

9064770400_832d7fb004_z.jpg

9064774192_44a1937de9_z.jpg

9064772658_dd1d2a6e52_z.jpg

Honestly...what the hell are u gonna put in this tank that will live up to the hype this insane build has brought thus far???

Honestly...what the hell are u gonna put in this tank that will live up to the hype this insane build has brought thus far???

Shark :)

Kfmmartin19

lol what if Christine makes this a betta tank just to screw with us? :)

Shark :)
At this point that would not even surprise me

Wow, I just caught up on this build, and just... Wow... If you don't mind, what are you using to do all of your custom acrylic work? Are you having it laser cut? Because it sure looks great!

Edit: @ZROGST: Glad I'm not the only curious one! At the same time even! Cheers!

Jackal_Knight

I don't even understand how you did that? What do you have a CNC machine and a team of engineers in your garage? :blink:

Thats what i was wondering too. Was also looking through her stand build then looking at my stand then getting sad.

Guess this is you get when U plan ahead. Not just planing as u build like me :)

Thats what i was wondering too. Was also looking through her stand build then looking at my stand then getting sad.

Guess this is you get when U plan ahead. Not just planing as u build like me :)

Wow, I just caught up on this build, and just... Wow... If you don't mind, what are you using to do all of your custom acrylic work? Are you having it laser cut? Because it sure looks great!

Edit: @ZROGST: Glad I'm not the only curious one! At the same time even! Cheers!

I don't even understand how you did that? What do you have a CNC machine and a team of engineers in your garage? :blink:

I will let you all in on a secrete...

No laser here

No fancy machines

No team of engineers

THIS ONLY...

9065934523_c077572690_q.jpg9068159532_bdfa843571_q.jpg9065936627_461daae736_q.jpg9065937199_91e2778e5a_s.jpg

You did that with a dremel? Swoooon......... Thud.

lol what if Christine makes this a betta tank just to screw with us? :)

Oh god! Yeah, I would have to go into therapy. I'll need you to hold my hand Martin.

Archived