NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKleinReef

NanoBox LED with controller ordered !

Lighting issue is solved.

I went with almost the same led array as the Nano Razor has, difference is I will be able to control 13 leds with 4 channels instead of just the two on the Razor (Control Freak) :)

Dave is going to work his magic and make me one awesome light fixture and controller! Full review after I get it, promise.

Well this is awesome. I approve! ;)

Haha glad you decided on something. Anything fancy for the exterior shell?

Thanks Jordon, not sure about the shell, all I know is it will be white, Dave may post some pics as the build progresses in his shop. I told him the basics of what I want, and trust him to be creative a bit if he likes. :)

Well this is awesome. I approve! ;)

Glad to have you along for the build Klein :)

Should be finished before the first of July. I may have time to knock it out quick. I have a ton of orders coming in daily but I just keep trucking away.

Brad - Teaser will be posted tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support NR members. Keep placing orders and always give me a shout if you have an idea. Follow my stuff on Facebook as well.

https://www.facebook.com/NanoBoxReef?ref=hl

-Dave

Installed the switchable power bar, there will also be a Digital Aquatics PC4 power bar mounted on the side wall near this power bar. I will have 8 outlets total, 4 controllable and 4 on manual switches. Labels will go on later when I decided what gets plugged in where.

8962817581_6d7c8b8dc9_z.jpg
Also wanted to show you the handle for the door, not exactly what I wanted but the closest thing I could find.

8964022012_b113f3b043_z.jpg
Now you also get a better idea of the stand colour next to the bone white interior. I now think it was kind of a blessing, bone white on the exterior may have been too strong. Anyway, it is what it is :)

Those switches are really cool! If I had those switches, I feel like instead of working on my tank I would just play with the switches

You're a real craftsman :] Personally, I like the two-tone white/offwhite

Thanks, truly. Craftsperson or craftswoman, LOL, don't you just hate appropriateness :lol: Kidding, and thanks, I do to.

I love looking at yer stuffts! Mmmm? No wonder you are over budget on this project...... :lol:

Yes, over budget is an understatement, what killed my budget was my perfection and need for what I want. Seriously, I am not looking at all the receipts or even thinking of adding them up....ever.

Half the stuff comes from the USA, Canadian Dollar is down and shipping/customs is ridiculous. I'm not cutting corners on this, not now, I'm almost there, just the tank really, and a few odds and ends. Wait, haven't factored in the livestock yet, dam.

Those switches are really cool! If I had those switches, I feel like instead of working on my tank I would just play with the switches

Have you considered getting help ? :lol: Kidding, ya, I just hate unplugging something to shut it off, never happen, not with me :D

Now you also get a better idea of the stand colour next to the bone white interior. I now think it was kind of a blessing, bone white on the exterior may have been to strong. Anyway, it is what it is :)

I really like the color of the stand as it is. It is calming. I think it looks like the color of white sand. Very NICE!

Update:

Continuing with electronics and miscellaneous installs. Today some RGB sump area lighting, took a good while to silicone everything up tight to prevent corrosion. Also popped the fans in temporarily. There will be a cover on the inside and outside for the fans, not made yet, they will be made out of white acrylic and removable so the fans can be removed for cleaning etc. Still a ton of work to do. Thanks for following.

RGB strip lighting, lots of fun :)

9022561070_22f10fbdff_z.jpg

9022558498_11b646e30d_z.jpg

9022556964_91d6758a53_z.jpg

i want some.....

I think it works really well as work lights in the sump area if they are fully sealed. I went with the rubber encased strips and siliconed them in place. All related hardware was sealed as well.

Update:

Continuing with electronics and miscellaneous installs. Today some RGB sump area lighting, took a good while to silicone everything up tight to prevent corrosion. Also popped the fans in temporarily. There will be a cover on the inside and outside for the fans, not made yet, they will be made out of white acrylic and removable so the fans can be removed for cleaning etc. Still a ton of work to do. Thanks for following.

RGB strip lighting, lots of fun :)

9022558498_11b646e30d_z.jpg

I like the fans. I did the same thing when I first started my tank. Until a apartment move put a hole in the back panel, so I had to rip it out. Keep up the good work. I like the white interior. :)

The light, the stand, everything!!!! This build is so awesome and you don't even have water in the tank yet!

Thanks kveekx, I don't even have the display tank yet, let alone water. The tank is coming from Japan in July sometime.

I like the fans. I did the same thing when I first started my tank. Until a apartment move put a hole in the back panel, so I had to rip it out. Keep up the good work. I like the white interior. :)

2 120mm fans should keep things cool in the summer. No room for an IceProbe. Going to pick up some more equipment today to aid in installing some of the components. I decided to pick up another DA Reefkeeper Lite, keep the existing one I have on the pico for now, can always use the old one on a QT tank or something else. Glad to have you along Neuwave :)

wow, so clean looking! love it

Thanks Graver, I wanted to build a sophisticated system for a 7 gallon, one that showed almost no equipment when the door is closed. I want the focus on the livestock only.

This build is so sexy, especially for the size that you're working with. Damn.

Big things come in small packages in this case. Working this small has presented some challenges with this build. Dave at NanoBox told me there is going to be a separate controller for the light, first thing I thought was "I don't have room for that." Seriously, at this point I have no idea where the controller going and it's only 3.5x1.5", just wait to get it and figure it out I guess.

Keeps getting better!

R G B

9023794717_14fb1700c4_n.jpg9026024364_7cdb6474b2_n.jpg9022556964_91d6758a53_n.jpg

LOL, I will never get bored looking at my sump :)

Archived