SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

Beautiful build

Following thread.

I does make one wonder though. One can get all of the equipment relatively easily except for the stands. I wonder why that it is. Probably a product safety issue. I'm looking at the 45c can't find a stand for it, or the Mr Aqua 18" cube. 300lbs of water glass and rock on top of a thin narrow pedastal must be pretty unstable im guessing. Elos does it, I'm just wondering why.

Probably the reason you put the base on yours.

The build forums have sections for tanks, lights(all kinds), filtration, plumbing, everything and etc. Not a section for stands. And not a vendor for them in the sponsor forums. If I took photos of yours into a cabinet shop, they would quote me $2000 easily, lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful build

Following thread.

I does make one wonder though. One can get all of the equipment relatively easily except for the stands. I wonder why that it is. Probably a product safety issue. I'm looking at the 45c can't find a stand for it, or the Mr Aqua 15" cube. 300lbs of water glass and rock on top of a thin narrow pedastal must be pretty unstable im guessing. Elos does it, I'm just wondering why.

Probably the reason you put the base on yours.

The build forums have sections for tanks, lights(all kinds), filtration, plumbing, everything and etc. Not a section for stands. And not a vendor for them in the sponsor forums. If I took photos of yours into a cabinet shop, they would quote me $2000 easily, lol.

Thank you farkwar,

Most nano's, being small can fit on most ready made furniture available. Most people do not have sumps so it makes even easier. Bigger tanks require a dedicated stand designed to handle the massive weight and sump/refuge/equipment needed to run such a system. Most people build their own stands if needed, it doesn't have to be difficult or complex, just sturdy.

I have chosen this route based on a vision I had, I wanted to have a clean looking system, free of dangling wires, pipes, pumps, and the rest of the mess that comes with a reef tank. I wanted a system that would allow the focus to be on the livestock. I don't even want people to notice the tank itself. I have consulted an engineer regarding the base of the stand, it adds ample stability to the system. The base is basically double the width/length of the tank itself.

I am going to great lengths to create a 7 gallon reef, complete with sump, ATO reservoir, electronics, and a few other extras, I have never seen it done before quite like this. It may be a first. It's built like a premium 300 gallon reef tank, but only 7 gallons display. I am excited to see it finished and running soon, see if it all works as I envisioned it would. The true test comes in about a month or so.

Thanks for following, I hope to have some updates soon, I am waiting for the display to arrive now before any major progress can be made.

One question for you Christine, I am wondering if you are running 3 pipes from the bottom or 1 pipe and dividing it into 3. I am really liking your planning and thoughts on this tank. Keep it going

One question for you Christine, I am wondering if you are running 3 pipes from the bottom or 1 pipe and dividing it into 3. I am really liking your planning and thoughts on this tank. Keep it going

Thanks reefed419 :)

I am running one line up to just below the water line, it then splits into 3. I will show picture of this at a later date for clarification.

Order of plumbing from the return pump to outlet:

Tunze pump > 1/2" peroxide cured silicone tubing (FDA approved) > 1/2" PVCI spears check valve > 1/2" Praher type S5 ball valve union > SCH80 1/2" bulkhead > 1/2" Loc-Line> 1/2" Loc-Line to 1/4" split x 2 > 1/4" Loc-Line x 3 > 1/4" Loc-Line nossel x 3.

sooo, I was planning on like home depot for some of my plumbing... you're over here with over $200+ of plumbing equipment for a 7.2g.

I think I need to go back to my drawing board :eek:

I just received an email informing me that my ADA 30C in "on the Pacific ocean", so it has left Japan but won't be here any time soon, Looks like August sometime, crap!

Apparently ADA has been flooded with orders recently and they are trying to catch up in the factory.

So my production has stalled out here, just tinkering with ideas now, things are moving way too slow. Will try and get the momentum going again soon.

Dave says NanoBox LED should ship in a few days from the USA so I wonder which one will get here first, the ADA or the Nanobox LED, I'm guessing Canadian customs will have a field day with the light and hold it for weeks. Time will tell, hope I am wrong.

Those Xaqua in and out are 300$ for a set!

I was going to buy one last night. It worked out to $185 USD for the one with the tubing included, with shipping.

Reefomania sells them but they are out of stock currently. A good regular siphon style overflow kit is going 100-150, anyway. An extra $40 for A sleek pulsating Xaqua is not too bad.

Where?

Reefomania sells them for that, without tubing. http://reefomania.com/?product=xaqua-x-inout
Im confused why your tank is taking so long? Mine took less than two weeks. Where did you order from?

Canadians...

Im confused why your tank is taking so long? Mine took less than two weeks. Where did you order from?

• One distributor in Canada.
  • No 30C in any retail store in Canada available.
  • The distributor only orders 4 times a year.
  • The ADA factory in Japan is behind in production.
  • Shipments to Canada are done by shipping container.
  • No known USA retailer will ship a ADA tank to Canada.

Ohhhh.. Didn't know you were in Canada.

This is a very inspirational build, NanoTopia. This kind of attention to detail in planning/building the stand is exactly what I have in mind. Difference being that I'm a reef-keeping newbie, hehe. I've been planning for about 2 months now. Time mostly spent scrapping plans as I learned new things by reading around this forum.

I'm curious, where are you getting your woodworking hardware? Looks like everything you used (including the birch veneer) is stuff distributed and/or manufactured by the company I work for.

Aquariums West in Vancouver appears to have them in stock. They shipped me a Do!Aqua for less than $25.

This is a very inspirational build, NanoTopia. This kind of attention to detail in planning/building the stand is exactly what I have in mind. Difference being that I'm a reef-keeping newbie, hehe. I've been planning for about 2 months now. Time mostly spent scrapping plans as I learned new things by reading around this forum.

I'm curious, where are you getting your woodworking hardware? Looks like everything you used (including the birch veneer) is stuff distributed and/or manufactured by the company I work for.

Thanks, I got hardware from various places, Home Depot, Rona, Michael's.

Aquariums West in Vancouver appears to have them in stock. They shipped me a Do!Aqua for less than $25.

They may show in stock on their web site but they are not, I have been in the store and spoke with the manager. They have some ADA tanks in stock but mostly Do!Aqua. No ADA 30C but they do have a Do!Aqua 30C, not what I want for the display. I can wait.

Thanks, I got hardware from various places, Home Depot, Rona, Michael's.

Well, if woodworking hardware is something you buy often, let me know, I can most likely hook you up. We have 3 (or 4? not sure) distribution centers in BC.

Jackal_Knight

Sucks about the delay been waiting to see how this tank turns out. What have you been working on while your waiting for the tank.

Well, if woodworking hardware is something you buy often, let me know, I can most likely hook you up. We have 3 (or 4? not sure) distribution centers in BC.

Thanks but I don't usually buy this material.

Were you on LSD when designing the sump or toad?

Not sure I speak your language, I entered it into Google Translate and got the same thing, so I tried Hindi and got this...

नाबदान या मेंढक डिजाइनिंग जब आप एलएसडी पर थे?, ... still nothing for me. Sorry.

Sucks about the delay been waiting to see how this tank turns out. What have you been working on while your waiting for the tank.

Thanks, I think I need a break anyway, time to work on the filtration system. I ran 500 GPH through the sump last week and it could hardly keep up, everything is so small. I think all will be okay though. You never know until it's all plugged in and filled with water. Thanks for following :)

What? Just delete that...

I prefer he translate it :)

I think it has something to do with being high on drugs while coming up with the inspiration to create, definitely not, I get a natural high when I'm doing and thinking about this stuff. :happydance:

Maybe he's referring to Steve jobs taking LSD back in the day, then coming up with all the great Apple inventions.

Archived