Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

Drill it! I'm sure someone on here can source one for ya. ;)

Today is the day !

Yay new tank!

Finally

L E T ' S G O!!!

emergerdddd!

Production has commenced !

Finally!!! Man thats beautiful!!!

Thank you :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks super cool! Look forward to seeing this progress now! :D

Looking mighty good. :)

Christine,

Glad this one made it to you. I think customs wanted to haggle with me on these orders!

Now pictures of tank and light!!!!

Cool. Looks like things are moving forward now :)

PICTURES OF EVERYTHING. NAO.

Thanks for following everyone, pictures are coming in one hour (or less), but not of the light. That will be another day :)

Tank Drilling Day
I first made some drill guides for each of the different size diamond bits. This really helps get the cut started without worry of the bit travelling on you. I remove the guides when a surface cut and grove have been established. No free hand for me, I'm a wimp :)
9845151226_857109fe0b_z.jpg

So next I marked out exactly where the holes needed to be, then checked it again, then checked it again. Can never be to safe, measure three times, cut once!
9845147746_862b08d3c3_z.jpg
This shot shows the guide taped in place just before starting to drill. The hose is for water lubrication, which needs to be applied at all times when cutting with a diamond bit on glass.
9845097324_77c8bebea7_z.jpg
Success! You never doubted me did you?
All went well, as you can see, cuts are on the mark and NO CRACKS... big relief here.
9845184623_75ed36090a_z.jpg
This shot shows the bulkheads (2 x 3/4", 1 x 1/2") from the bottom temporarily in place,
just to check the fit. All is good.
9845181403_7d137057b8_z.jpg
This last shot just shows the bulkheads seen from the top or inside part of the tank.
9845088344_0d60e8566f_z.jpg
Thanks for following everyone, more to come soon. The overflow box needs to be made and siliconed into place next, stay tuned :)

Hell yeah, been looking forward o this one for a while now :).

kk

Both.

Im confused, are you guys so impressed b/c the glass is so thin, or because she did such a clean job?

Wow.

HOLY FHIT THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Just putting this out there: Christine has nice holes.

I love watching this build! Gives me so many ideas too

:wub:

Holy crappp!! omgomgomg

Thanks all. Production is whipping along, I will have pictures of the overflow and overflow lid, all mounted in place today. Plumbing starts tomorrow. I have a few days off so I think I can finish the plumbing and get this baby doing a fresh water test in 3-4 days.

News Flash:

I just committed to another build this morning, it's small but I am excited about it. Details in a couple of weeks. For now I give you only one small hint "Micro-Reefs".

I love how this thread already has 20 pages and the tank isn't even close to being wet yet....

Looking good though!

It's close, maybe a week from now!

There was a small delay (understatement) due to ADA factory hugely behind in production.

Thanks for following :)

Archived