SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looking good

Really enjoying this build. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys, things will get more exciting when Dave at NanoBox posts a "Teaser" update on my fixture :P:rolleyes:

Christine, I don't know what you do for a living, but if you're not making/designing tank equipment..... you're in the wrong profession :P

Absolutely fantastic!!

Thanks guys, things will get more exciting when Dave at NanoBox posts a "Teaser" update on my fixture :P:rolleyes:

did you look at my thread I got my "teaser"

:eek:

all i have to say is...

:bowdown:

:rolleyes: Thanks :) Glad to have you along for the build.

Christine, I don't know what you do for a living, but if you're not making/designing tank equipment..... you're in the wrong profession :P

Absolutely fantastic!!

I am in the medical profession, maybe I will design something one day for the aquarium trade that everyone could buy if they wanted, right now I do it as a hobby and to fill the need for specific equipment I need. I want my builds to be what I want, I don't like working around existing equipment designs very much, I find it too limiting. Thanks Bello, there is more to come :)

did you look at my thread I got my "teaser"

Giga, I had a look through your thread, you have quite a project under way, it's going to be unique for sure, can't wait to see it progress. The NanoBox looks good so far, I am eager to see mine, I went for full LED control, for me it's the only real advantage to LED's. Thanks for following, I'll be checking in on your thread regularly :)

yeah mine is a little different nanobox as I had my custom for something else that i'm keeping quiet but it's gonna be sweet....I hope

yeah mine is a little different nanobox as I had my custom for something else that i'm keeping quiet but it's gonna be sweet....I hope

Yup, Dave told me all about it, don't worry I will keep it a secret :P

Kidding of course, heck, I don't even know anything about mine :lol:

Yup, Dave told me all about it, don't worry I will keep it a secret :P

Kidding of course, heck, I don't even know anything about mine :lol:

Gonna be sweet for sure that's all we need to know!

Thanks for the update pics Dave. Controller/driver pics ?

Any way to make the gooseneck shorter? At that height there is a ton of spill, can't have that unfortunately.

Christine

If you ever have phosphate problems, consider running Roa-Phos in your meany reactor, you can also put it in a bag and put that in ur sock.

Great product that actually works. I used in my sock while my tank was cycling and phosphates were above .2, 10 days later they were at .04 and the levels have stayed there since.

Only down side is after running it for a while it can get a bit messy in the sump, doesn't affect the skimmer though...

No you didn't! That was my very first post on Christines thread a million years ago. Don't make me come over there!

Haha, yes, if I make some reactors you both have first dibs. :)

If you ever have phosphate problems, consider running Roa-Phos in your meany reactor, you can also put it in a bag and put that in ur sock.

Great product that actually works. I used in my sock while my tank was cycling and phosphates were above .2, 10 days later they were at .04 and the levels have stayed there since.

Only down side is after running it for a while it can get a bit messy in the sump, doesn't affect the skimmer though...

Yes thank you, I have used Rowa-Phos for years, the best GFO on the market. I actually have Rowa-Phos running in the reactor right now, but in the pico tank. I will run it in the new tank when it's up and running. The stuff can be messy to use, only drawback really, and maybe the price of the stuff, but it is very efficient.

Thanks for the update pics Dave. Controller/driver pics ?

Any way to make the gooseneck shorter? At that height there is a ton of spill, can't have that unfortunately.

Christine

Dave has indicated that the 9" gooseneck does not support the weight of the light and can't hold it in position properly. I think I understand when he means so will just stick with the 13" gooseneck. I will try to come up with another solution at a later date, maybe barn doors/shield or a custom bracket that will bring the fixture closer to the water.

Yes thank you, I have used Rowa-Phos for years, the best GFO on the market. I actually have Rowa-Phos running in the reactor right now, but in the pico tank. I will run it in the new tank when it's up and running. The stuff can be messy to use, only drawback really, and maybe the price of the stuff, but it is very efficient.

I'm glad were on the same page

• 2 weeks later...

Nice and clean.

Thank Dave. The controller will be changed to white box from the smoke colour one shown in the pic above.

Too bad on the length of the gooseneck.

What's under the hood on that sucker?

There are certain restrictions with goosenecks, too short and they do not always stay in the position intended if over flexed past a certain point. I will try out the unit as is and alter it if need be at a later date, I hope I don't have to.

Under the hood...

Channel 1 - (2 x warm white, 1 x neutral white, 1 x cool white)

Channel 2 - (4 x blue)

Channel 3 - (2 x Violet ~420nm)

Channel 4 - (4 x Royal Blue)

14 LED total.

i wish i had that to use on my wife on certain occassions lmao

:ninja:

Bad Tron, very bad ! :furious:

4 channels. WOW!

Are they dimmable as well? I can't even the possibilities of that sucker with a controller if it were.

Archived