Coral Vue Hydros

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

4 channels. WOW!

Are they dimmable as well? I can't even the possibilities of that sucker with a controller if it were.

I have never used the controller but my understanding is that it is capable of all the dimming, storm functions you could ever want.

http://coralux.net

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All dimmable and controllable. And it is controlled with a CORALUX Storm controller. The color is spectacular. :)

Christine will be receiving a white controller housing as I had a blonde moment!

-Dave

All dimmable and controllable. And it is controlled with a CORALUX Storm controller. The color is spectacular. :)

Christine will be receiving a white controller housing as I had a blonde moment!

-Dave

Dave I noticed you don't use anything near the 495nm or 660nm spectrum but you do use a combo of white LED's in your fixtures, can you enlighten us as to why you choose the LED's you use in your fixtures? (Not knocking your product at all, I'm a big fan)

Dave I noticed you don't use anything near the 495nm or 660nm spectrum but you do use a combo of white LED's in your fixtures, can you enlighten us as to why you choose the LED's you use in your fixtures? (Not knocking your product at all, I'm a big fan)

The LED selection was mainly mine but with Daves suggestions as well. We were basically on the same page. I think you can ask him, I think he is some what flexible when doing custom work, maybe PM him directly :)

Warm White contains the warmer spectrums you are looking for.

I have never used the controller but my understanding is that it is capable of all the dimming, storm functions you could ever want.

http://coralux.net

-Dave

Can't wait to see that sucker in action!

This build is looking awesome! put me down on the list for two of the mini reactors, Those are perfect for my tank. I cant wait to see this tank up and running.

Picked up some purple Blastomussa for the tank today, I have them in my 20 gallon for now until the 7 gallon is ready for them.

9390412806_a437c6be92_z.jpg
Nano sapiens

Picked up some purple Blastomussa for the tank today, I have them in my 20 gallon for now until the 7 gallon is ready for them.

9390412806_a437c6be92_z.jpg

I like those!

This is possibly the most beautiful tank build I have ever seen! Big respect for your construction skills! I was directed here after checking out the NanoBox page - I did look into getting one of Daves units, and thought i had made my mind up not to. Then he sent me a link to all the photos and im back to wanting one badly.

I have also been considering building a pico reactor like yours, but have always worried about the fitting at the top. Is yours just a tight push fit? and if so, are you not worried about it popping off? I was mulling over adding a thread to the top of mine, but thought that may look crude and a bit of a faff.

Cheers

Gareth

This is possibly the most beautiful tank build I have ever seen! Big respect for your construction skills! I was directed here after checking out the NanoBox page - I did look into getting one of Daves units, and thought i had made my mind up not to. Then he sent me a link to all the photos and im back to wanting one badly.

I have also been considering building a pico reactor like yours, but have always worried about the fitting at the top. Is yours just a tight push fit? and if so, are you not worried about it popping off? I was mulling over adding a thread to the top of mine, but thought that may look crude and a bit of a faff.

Cheers

Gareth

Thank you for the wonderful comments Gareth :)

The pico reactor is a tight push fit as you described. It works quite well and I have never had a problem with it popping off. I think there are many options for a lid attachment that would work equally well. Keep in mind there is little to no pressure in the reactor using the pump rated <80GPH and an outlet equal or larger than the outlet on the pump (1/2 inch).

Christine

Thank you for the wonderful comments Gareth :)

The pico reactor is a tight push fit as you described. It works quite well and I have never had a problem with it popping off. I think there are many options for a lid attachment that would work equally well. Keep in mind there is little to no pressure in the reactor using the pump rated <80GPH and an outlet equal or larger than the outlet on the pump (1/2 inch).

Christine

Cool - I'll give it a nudge then - is that a rubber o-ring in there as well? I'm feeling more confident with my design now after seeing how well yours works!

Cheers

that light is sexy!
+1 on that - that's the main problem, it's just so desirable. The good news is my wife may be coming round to the idea of me upgrading my lighting! May have to drop Dave a line

Cool - I'll give it a nudge then - is that a rubber o-ring in there as well? I'm feeling more confident with my design now after seeing how well yours works!

Cheers

+1 on that - that's the main problem, it's just so desirable. The good news is my wife may be coming round to the idea of me upgrading my lighting! May have to drop Dave a line

Yes rubber o-ring, works like a charm :)

• 2 weeks later...
Added the SL1 Module for the DA Reefkeeper today, wanted to monitor pH and maybe hook up a float switch down the road.

9506933628_4b2ca4519b_z.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys, but you can blame Takashi Amano, LOL. I am awaiting the ADA display tank 30C at this time. I was told it was due in in August, delayed due to a back log in Japan with orders. I know that USA customers are awaiting their shipment of ADA from Japan but for an entirely different reason...

ADA container update

August 14, 2013

Attention!! Our dear valued customers. Due to the situation at the Oakland port explained earlier, we still have NOT been able to retrieve our new container. We deeply appologize for the delay. The container has arrived Oakland port on July 19, 2013, it had cleared customs with no problem and all there is is to find the container and retrieve it to our warehouse. Our broker is trying daily to pull the container and it could come in any day. We are unable to provide a firm expected date but we hope to receive it sometime this week or early next week. For customers that have already placed orders, we appreciate your patience and will ship out your order as soon as we recieve our container. For customers planning to order, please do expect delays of some items such as aqua soil, powersand, substrate additives, and fish tanks due to the situation at the port.

The container I am waiting for is coming directly into Canada, eventually, I hope :)

When it does things will be rolling again with updates and photo's I promise !

The container I am waiting for is coming directly into Canada, eventually, I hope :)

When it does things will be rolling again with updates and photo's I promise !

Famous last words :unsure:

chippwalters

Wow Christine! Amazing stuff. I, too was waiting on an ADA tank and got caught in the same hole. I instead cancelled my order and ordered from http://www.adgshop.com/Trimless_aquariums_s/5.htm and got my 60-P in two days (I see they have one of yours currently in stock and will price match). Something you might want to check into. The guy at http://www.adana-usa.com/ understood.

I'm interested.. do you have an ID background? If not, then where did you amass your craftsmanship skills? I've been playing with a couple 3D printers and it's amazing what can be done fairly quickly. Seeing you use SketchUp, you could easily make the switch to Bonsai3D, a true solid modeler, and then print out lots of what you're already crafting if you chose to do so.

Anyway, I'm now a subscriber to this thread. Can't wait to see more!!!

Wow Christine! Amazing stuff. I, too was waiting on an ADA tank and got caught in the same hole. I instead cancelled my order and ordered from http://www.adgshop.com/Trimless_aquariums_s/5.htm and got my 60-P in two days (I see they have one of yours currently in stock and will price match). Something you might want to check into. The guy at http://www.adana-usa.com/ understood.

I'm interested.. do you have an ID background? If not, then where did you amass your craftsmanship skills? I've been playing with a couple 3D printers and it's amazing what can be done fairly quickly. Seeing you use SketchUp, you could easily make the switch to Bonsai3D, a true solid modeler, and then print out lots of what you're already crafting if you chose to do so.

Anyway, I'm now a subscriber to this thread. Can't wait to see more!!!

Thanks for the kind words, I don't have any formal design training etc, but I dabble with different tools, LOL. The 3D printers are pretty cool I must say, if I can get one to print a ADA 30C I would be pretty happy right now. Thanks for the link, I had a look and it doesn't seem they can ship to Canada, too bad.

Glad to have you along for the build, things will get going again shortly fingerscrossed

Nano sapiens

Waiting for the tank has got to be hard since everything else is just about ready. Hope you either get the tank soon or find a proper alternative.

Archived