inTank Media Baskets

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Picked up a battery backup for my Vortech.. woo! Now I can stop imagining coming back to dead fish/corals everytime I go away for a weekend.

Thinking I will buy a air pump back-up for my smaller tanks (only kicks on when power goes out):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000256502/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2US1IENPV2T7N

Does nano-reef not do contests anymore? Getting the itch to make a cheap 0.5 to 1g pico micro for funsies.

Excellent buy! You can never have to much insurance for your aquarium. Just make sure the vortech powerhead is close enough to the surface to agitate the water. The whole purpose is gas exchange and I have seen pumps that are just way to low to accomplish this.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent buy! You can never have to much insurance for your aquarium. Just make sure the vortech powerhead is close enough to the surface to agitate the water. The whole purpose is gas exchange and I have seen pumps that are just way to low to accomplish this.

I was wondering about that. After doing some reading around I was finding information that was saying that gas exchange happens just by lifting the bottom water and circulating it to the top. So now they got me really confused!

"Powerheads breaking the water near the top, were no match for powerheads or airstones, creating an upswell from the bottom to the top."

Post #5 and #8.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f43/surface-agitation-amp-gas-exchange-13450.html

More cat pics!!!!!!!!!! :) that's an awesome kitten :) snuggle bug?

Okay I will get some for you :) He loves to snuggle if you go lay down in the bed, he HAS to be touching you when he sleeps.

Oddly enough I got him from the animal shelter where someone dropped him off because he "wouldn't cuddle". He was a kitten at the time so of course he didn't want to hold still. He was also very malnourished and abused. I wouldn't want to cuddle with those people either.

People like to buy pets because they look cool and then throw them away when it wasn't as perfect as they imagined or they realize the actual expense of keeping an animal. So sad.

Very sad... Hey my baby Sam was "terrified and stupid"...she's mentally handicapped. What do you expect people? Gosh...and piglet, the cuddle bug of the house was "the devil cat" lol she bit me numerous times while I was working at the shelter....lol and I still took her home.

llama roadkill
Nah, value led. Would have done photon but this is just a temperary tank so the controllability wasn't all that appealing for the price.

What will be your next tank?

Very sad... Hey my baby Sam was "terrified and stupid"...she's mentally handicapped. What do you expect people? Gosh...and piglet, the cuddle bug of the house was "the devil cat" lol she bit me numerous times while I was working at the shelter....lol and I still took her home.

Yeah we could not even get near ours for 6-9 months. He was soo scared of people because he was abused. He now trusts us and we can pick him up and he loves to snuggle but hes still scared of strangers. He LOVES LOVES LOVES other cats and dogs though.

What will be your next tank?

40B will be upgraded 120g-300g or something. I may do a micro reef soon though for funsies.

llama roadkill

Yeah we could not even get near ours for 6-9 months. He was soo scared of people because he was abused. He now trusts us and we can pick him up and he loves to snuggle but hes still scared of strangers. He LOVES LOVES LOVES other cats and dogs though.

40B will be upgraded 120g-300g or something. I may do a micro reef soon though for funsies.

Where does anyone find these huge tanks? I have only seen a 75 for sale in person.

Where does anyone find these huge tanks? I have only seen a 75 for sale in person.

not petco. lol

Theres a 125g near me for $125. Dollar per gallon! Used of course.

You can generally buy up to around 180g already made.. when you get real huge, those are usually custom made tanks. I would like to have a custom made one in-the-wall style eventually.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/326468-fs-custom-huge-acrylic-tank/

Don't you mean.. where have YOU been?

Uuhh..... I know where I've been. What about where you have? :)

I'm currently in california

More cat pics!!!!!!!!!! :) that's an awesome kitten :) snuggle bug?

Onyx:

onyx.jpg

Natawni:

BADKITTY.jpg

DSCN1732.jpg

natawni.jpg

Natawni as a kitten and before I knew betas shouldn't be kept in jars:

d34bdb64.jpg

tawni2.jpg

Me and my moms horses, Oreo and Raven:

myhorses.jpg

More pics inc...

More photo dump:

jem3_zpsb0f9303a.jpg

jem2_zpsdb803d0e.jpg

kitties_zps3de61a04.jpg

Brought my cats with me to my parents to visit.

Onyx and my moms cat Monkeyboat were friends fast:

blog_zpsdd789976.jpg

porchkitties_zpsbf396063.jpg

Great pics. I love animals and especially dogs. Unfortunately I am allergic to cats and cannot own any. Your cats are really cute and sweet. Favorite pic is of your dog and cat on the couch together. It's a photo you would see on a calendar :)

Great pics. I love animals and especially dogs. Unfortunately I am allergic to cats and cannot own any. Your cats are really cute and sweet. Favorite pic is of your dog and cat on the couch together. It's a photo you would see on a calendar :)

Thank you! Onyx thinks he is a dog! He sleeps with the dog and waits at the window when you leave.. when you return he runs to the door to greet you and he loves tennis balls!

I'm actually allergic too :o They are both bengal cats which is a hypoallergenic breed. :)

Thank you! Onyx thinks he is a dog! He sleeps with the dog and waits at the window when you leave.. when you return he runs to the door to greet you and he loves tennis balls!

I'm actually allergic too :o They are both bengal cats which is a hypoallergenic breed. :)

What? Hypoallergenic breed, yes! Going to look into this :) I like the look of Bengal cats as the look like mini leopards.

Archived