Top Shelf Aquatics

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Woke up to the power out about 5am last night. My battery backup mp10 was working though! :D We had some strong winds and it blew a power line down. Somehow it broke right off... idk how... those look strong :blink:

Power came up around 11am this morning.. just as I had gotten nervous enough to light the gas stove and heat up some water to put in some bottles because the tanks were getting chilled. My apex said it dropped from 79 degrees to 74 degrees. Hopefully nothing got too stressed.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for you. It was a great review :).

Hope all goes well with the temp drop....I'm sure all will be fine. I have hot water bottles on hand, just for this sort of situation. Haven't had to use them yet though.

I voted for you. It was a great review :).

Hope all goes well with the temp drop....I'm sure all will be fine. I have hot water bottles on hand, just for this sort of situation. Haven't had to use them yet though.

Thanks so much!

Hot water bottles is actually a great idea. I was filling up random water jugs I could find around the house. I'm just glad it wasn't very cold out today. "Not very cold" for MN is ofc around 4 degrees though. :happy: I would have probably been freaking out if I didn't have a gas stove (It would also deny me my hot coffee and add to my distress).

When I got home today I did a head count and my Bangaii Cardinal perished during the power outage. I am guessing the rapid temp drop stressed him since flow wasn't an issue. He is the only one who perished though.

The flower nems in the 20g (had no flow) look really pissed off. They are hiding out of the light under some macro now. I think they will come around through as flowers are pretty tough. The clam looks just fine. He has survived a tank crash though.. he just doesn't give a shit. lol

When I got home today I did a head count and my Bangaii Cardinal perished during the power outage. I am guessing the rapid temp drop stressed him since flow wasn't an issue. He is the only one who perished though.

The flower nems in the 20g (had no flow) look really pissed off. They are hiding out of the light under some macro now. I think they will come around through as flowers are pretty tough. The clam looks just fine. He has survived a tank crash though.. he just doesn't give a shit. lol

Good thing u had the backup! I dont have one yet.

Good thing u had the backup! I dont have one yet.

For sure, it has saved me a few times. Snow and wind is always knocking down crap here.

I think I am going to sell my Midas Blenny because he is a butt-head. It will be sad to see his barnacle empty though but when I downgrade I don't have room for him anyways.

Boooo for downgrading! Sorry about the cardinal. :(

Voted again!

Well it's an upgrade and a downgrade. :)

I want to get 60g hex to replace the 20g hex, then the 45g cube will replace the 20g Long my mantis is in. Then a 12g Mr Aqua long to replace the 40B.

So I guess 2 upgrades and 1 downgrade. Some of the contents will be moved into the 45g cube and a few fish will be in the 12g Mr Aqua.

I won't be downgrading this tank until I can get a used 60g hex and get the 45g cube up and running though.

I guess it's more of a shifting stuff around between tanks than a downgrade.

Hexes are never upgrades! ;) Not a cube fan either but heyyyyyyy it's not mine! LOL

Pfftt.. who has room for 3 long tanks? That would be awful in an apartment but I agree long tanks are awesome!

I want to do something super clean and challenging (hence the 12 aqua + NPS). The main reason for upgrading the hex is I need a large tank to support the 12g from all the NPS feeding so I'll make it a macro + gorg tank to combat nitrates/phosphate and add extra water volume.

I wouldn't mind eventually turning the 45g cube into a 60g rimless starphire cube with a nano-box hybrid light (again super clean). A long tank + nano-box would cost a kidney so planning on a cube tank for that reason alone.

I would love a large long tank but that's for after I buy a house and I can put it in the wall between two rooms.

IT WAS PAYDAY!! Went for colorful frags, sick of the hubby grumping over my NPS corals and Gorgs that don't "glow".

_cfimg-2811553488574994694.PNG

_cfimg-8615266575468197044.PNG

_cfimg-3784002743069804212.PNG

_cfimg-8192251858612181887.PNG

Can't wait to see some updated FTS (on all your tanks :D)

Will be updating this one tonight. I had a mini crash months ago followed by evil dino that further wiped out my tank so I have been rebuilding it back up and didn't want to post a pic of it in its pathetic state.

An update! WHAAAAAAAT!

Yellow Fiji:

yellowfiji_zpse217878a.jpg

Bam-Bam's:

bambam_zpsaf826542.jpg

FTS, sorry for the ugly clip... I was too lazy to go wash my hands and take it out. :P Some of the corals are closed.. they are normally open.. probably a snail or hermit crab fooling around.

DSC_0634_zpsb55b78fc.jpg

DSC_0630_zpsd5908ba2.jpg

I got some free browned out SPS to see if they survive as well as the Diver's Den one for free. Will be interesting to see of the brown SPS color up and what they may turn into.

I had my blue xenia too high and bleached it *slap self* I moved it down yesterday to see if it will color back up.

The lights are about 40% but I am going to slowly raise them a bit since I have some SPS in there now. Anenome will probably appreciate it too. Unfortunately the chemicals followed by dino killed parts of my coral so what new growth I had.. well I am starting over :(

Some tiny frags in here of random zoa's and lemon tree ect.. can't see them in the FTS though.. they are just babies :P

Well, I'm bummed. The corals didn't arrive in too good of shape this morning. Will prob be sending some pics to LA for a refund on some of them. :tears: Maybe if I am lucky.. they can grow back/recover.

• 3 months later...

Archived