Cultivated Reef

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

I added 4 hermits today. These guys are SPAZES... holy crap.. jumping up 3 inches straight and they can run SOOO fast... instead of hiding.. they get scared and jump or run.. lol

whitehermit1_zpsd5b701ef.jpg

Giving me the 'ol stink eye!

whitehermit2_zpsed0ca32b.jpg

I think that guy needs glasses.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Cool looking little guys!

Thanks :) They have really long legs and can't fit all the way in the shell with that big claw.. I'm assuming that why they run around like idiots instead of hiding.. lol

• 3 weeks later...

I know I haven't updated in awhile but I was just really busy with school and work and now that I am on break. I am still busy catching up on things I didn't have time to do before break.... things like going to the DMV and updating my driver's license address and other 'fun' things.. <_<

I installed a new biopellet 'reactor' and slowly working on this tank. I need to mod it into my skimmer and going to hook the GFO back up and try 1/4 a dose (1/2 dose was killing my macro last time). I have a nice acrylic skimmer stand on the way too from Marine Depot and I plan on hooking up the BRS dosers to my Apex. Maybe I'll even start on the wood skin over break.

I have been working on a poster for a local reef club. There is a drawing for anyone who enters for a full set of reef nutrition and the winner also gets a rose tip bubble anemone. I am not an artist but I can draw better than stick figures. lol I'll post a pic of it when I am done.

Thanks, the only thing I can sort of draw are cartoons lol

I changed the colors a bit so its less "fruity". I tried looking up a guide online and it said to make the words brightly colored and alternating colors to catch a persons attention but I thought maybe it had a little too much going on.

ibsMIRXM4qnEQj.jpg

llama roadkill
lol I think I did okay...

iIYNfpuE1Zxm8.jpg

i9bOMXjhg01Va.jpg

THOSE ARE BOTH AWESOME!

If you don't win, give me their address. I have connections.

(I can mail then a fart in a jar. Muhahah.)

Ugh, my FW 10g sprung a leak from one of the seals. It's leaking slowly but not what I wanted to deal with today :P Probably cram it all into my 5.5g and try and reseal the 10g. I want a 12g mr aqua long for my FW but I have been using willpower to not make any major tank changes until after I move. Less glass tanks to ship and possibly break, the better.

Going to bring GFO online again.. try and find a sweet spot to lower the phosphates from feeding the NPS but not kill my macroalgae like it was doing before.

Psh, for the cost of proper silicone you can just buy a new tank and be done with it.

True but I have a giant tube of silicone already :D It is extra work though. It's just when I think about spending $10 on a tank then I think man that $10 could go towards a 12g mr aqua long which is what I really want but I'm trying to hold off until I move into my next apt and buy new tanks then and set them up then and there.

Just ordered some corals off LA/DD... mostly gorgs and a few unique softies. :) No fish, trying to stay away from fish for when I move (less I have to sell or move).

Got the GFO back online too! I love my overpowered return pump! It's running two returns, biopellets, and my GFO.

Sucks about the 10g leaking. Do you have links to pics of the coral or are they not WYSIWIG?

Most of them have pics... umm let me see if I can dig them up for you.

and good news! It wasn't leaking.. yay! The condensation was running down the thermometer (hangs over the edge) down the back... to the bottom frame... collecting in the frame and then dripping down into the floor.... moving the thermometer seems to have fixed it.

Sucks about the 10g leaking. Do you have links to pics of the coral or are they not WYSIWIG?

Divers Den items. These are all photosynthetic.

ORA® Grube's Gorgonian Coral:

_cfimg4393333139972898337.PNG

Reef Gen Tracy Morgonian Gorgonia. This one should be awesome.. its a very wide gorg and grows tall. Some of the pics online are awesome.

122313-033a.jpg

Aquacultured Purple Plexaura Gorgonia. Supposedly the brightest purple gorg and purple is my fav color.

lg-122713-035a.jpg

Not WYSIWYG as it came from LA. So basically small frags. Here are pics of their likeness:

Purple Asterospicularia Coral. Did I mention I like purple? :D

lg-050112-065a.jpg

Chili coral, the only NPS I ordered. They only had large in stock so I guess I am getting a big fat one! I have some perfect ledges to hang this under.

p-37407-chili-coral.-2jpg.jpg

Green Lace Gorg, I didn't have a yellow gorg yet....

166649L.jpg

Yellow Fiji coral:

fijiLeatherCoral3.jpg

I also picked up a lemon tree coral awhile back and forgot to mention it. It is just a tiny 1 inch frag but it IS bright yellow. Grow little guy grow!

p-47001-lemon-tree.jpg

I guess I was just on a roll for yellow and purple :P

I have been obsessing on what tanks I am going to set up when I move. I wanted to set up a big tank but now I don't think I want to. I set aside a special savings account and I'm saving up for a 12g Mr aqua long for pure NPS, an upgrade for my mandarin tank to a hex/column in the 40g-ish range for macro and photosynthetic gorgs (I want more room), and a 30g-ish cube for my peacock mantis with a mixed reef of mostly softies and LPS. I would also like to get a 12g mr aqua long FW tank too but thats last on the list.... pfft freshwater ;)

You're the first person I've ever heard of who knew chili coral has to hang.

I do my research! :) The fact that it hangs upside down is the main reason I want it.... I have some prime ledge territory thats baron. Although its pretty sweet looking too :)

LA's picture is kind of misleading though since they have it propped up like a normal coral.

That lemon tree is very cool. Glad to hear about the non-leakage!

I just have a rust colored gorgonian...gonna have to pick up a purple sometime soon.

MyLiquidBlue29BC

Love all the new purchases! You have great taste :) I need to start reading about tree corals and gorgs.

The 12 gallon Mr. Aqua makes me want to set up a freshwater tank again too. It would make a lovely planted tank with some golden white clouds or peacock gudgeons.

I do my research! :) The fact that it hangs upside down is the main reason I want it.... I have some prime ledge territory thats baron. Although its pretty sweet looking too :)

LA's picture is kind of misleading though since they have it propped up like a normal coral.

The store I worked at killed a couple large colonies of it because they wouldn't keep it properly. Even if I positioned it how it was supposed to be someone would move it and they'd just die because of it. I have a small one in my fuge, thought I'd lost it many months ago and I found it perfectly happy inside a hole in a rock.

Archived