Coral Vue Hydros

Tamberav's 40 Breeder

Tamberav

Where did you get the female? My LFS only gets males and I want a pair

Get on the emailing list at bluezoo and LA... bluezoo seems to get them more often though. Mine was from bluezoo.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polarcollision

Get on the emailing list at bluezoo and LA... bluezoo seems to get them more often though. Mine was from bluezoo.

Good idea.

I read further in your thread and saw that you sold them. Any reason? I was kinda bummed to read that since it's my favorite fish and I don't see them mentioned on here much. If I were to guess: was it jumping? It definitely needs the lid. I spooked it while cleaning the glass and had to retrieve it from BEHIND the aquarium. Picture me panicked trying to reach 2 feet deep into a tiny slot between wall and tank. Once the cat fur washed off he was back to normal. Sigh. Then one night I heard splashing from the back chamber where the filter floss rests. No idea how he got through the glass lid or how many hours he was trapped. All I can say is very resilient fish! Maybe with a lady friend he'll want to stop exploring the air. :-)

Good idea.

I read further in your thread and saw that you sold them. Any reason? I was kinda bummed to read that since it's my favorite fish and I don't see them mentioned on here much. If I were to guess: was it jumping? It definitely needs the lid. I spooked it while cleaning the glass and had to retrieve it from BEHIND the aquarium. Picture me panicked trying to reach 2 feet deep into a tiny slot between wall and tank. Once the cat fur washed off he was back to normal. Sigh. Then one night I heard splashing from the back chamber where the filter floss rests. No idea how he got through the glass lid or how many hours he was trapped. All I can say is very resilient fish! Maybe with a lady friend he'll want to stop exploring the air. :-)

They were easy targets for my midas blenny. My midas is pretty aggressive so they went off to a larger tank :)

My husband didn't really like them either :/ I guess because when they aren't flashing, they aren't as colorful as other fish. They were pretty cute as a pair though, the female would follow the male around. Then he'd chase her and she'd follow him around again.

Polarcollision

They were easy targets for my midas blenny. My midas is pretty aggressive so they went off to a larger tank :)

My husband didn't really like them either :/ I guess because when they aren't flashing, they aren't as colorful as other fish. They were pretty cute as a pair though, the female would follow the male around. Then he'd chase her and she'd follow him around again.

Interesting that yours wasn't very colorful. I think this guy is the most painted of all my fish. Maybe I just have boring fish though. LOL They sound adorable playing their games.

Interesting that yours wasn't very colorful. I think this guy is the most painted of all my fish. Maybe I just have boring fish though. LOL They sound adorable playing their games.

He was very bright but I don't know.. my husband just called it "that orange fish" because you couldn't see the pretty fins unless he put them up. Everyone has their own taste though. He pretty much likes the mandarins because "they don't swim but sit on the rocks" lol :)

Polarcollision

He was very bright but I don't know.. my husband just called it "that orange fish" because you couldn't see the pretty fins unless he put them up. Everyone has their own taste though. He pretty much likes the mandarins because "they don't swim but sit on the rocks" lol :)

Well, you DO have that gorgeous red dragonet for comparison. Funny what people are drawn to. Your husband sounds a little like mine. Tim's favorite fish is the PJ cardinal because it sits motionless by itself in the dark area. I'm not even going to analyze THAT!

Well, you DO have that gorgeous red dragonet for comparison. Funny what people are drawn to. Your husband sounds a little like mine. Tim's favorite fish is the PJ cardinal because it sits motionless by itself in the dark area. I'm not even going to analyze THAT!

lol!!

Yup, that sounds about right.

What!?

I like that more than I expected...

Gotta watch these in order.

This one actually kicks ass if you have a good sound system. I've driven around blasting it before. :D

This one actually kicks ass if you have a good sound system. I've driven around blasting it before. :D

Omg, thats amazing. I really want a bird but don't have time to devote to one :( Had one growing up as a kid and he was so awesome.

Yeah they're neat and all but I could never have one. They're basically babies that never grow up. I had enough of them working in a store full of birds that screamed non-stop for hours on end.

This is incredible.

There was a green parrot at work that screamed constantly. "HELLO!!! HERE KITTY" that kinda stuff. Gets on your nerves after a little. My brother and sister in law have an African Grey Parrot that screams randomly.. Scares the crap out of people.

And Tamb... I may have possibly ended up with a job of some sort of better pay scale.......

This is incredible.

There was a green parrot at work that screamed constantly. "HELLO!!! HERE KITTY" that kinda stuff. Gets on your nerves after a little. My brother and sister in law have an African Grey Parrot that screams randomly.. Scares the crap out of people.

And Tamb... I may have possibly ended up with a job of some sort of better pay scale.......

Oh we had some terrors. There was a blue and gold macaw, an umbrella cockatoo, and a blue front amazon that would scream constantly for hours on end. It was literally ear splitting, you couldn't even talk to customers. The bad thing was they were right up front where all the action in the store was. It was incredibly bad for business but the home office said we had to keep them there. I couldn't even count how many customers ended up leaving with crying kids or walked out of the store as soon as they came in. You could literally hear them on the far end of the parking lot. Some of those birds were there for years, one for 5 years, and they wonder why they don't sell.

This is incredible.

Congrats!! Now go set up your 40B or hell... 80g rimless... !

Oh we had some terrors. There was a blue and gold macaw, an umbrella cockatoo, and a blue front amazon that would scream constantly for hours on end. It was literally ear splitting, you couldn't even talk to customers. The bad thing was they were right up front where all the action in the store was. It was incredibly bad for business but the home office said we had to keep them there. I couldn't even count how many customers ended up leaving with crying kids or walked out of the store as soon as they came in. You could literally hear them on the far end of the parking lot. Some of those birds were there for years, one for 5 years, and they wonder why they don't sell.

Yah, if I got a bird again, it would be a love bird. Their vocals aren't anywhere near as loud as the large parrots.

Good to know! I just read an article by advanced aquarist as my "crash course". Apparently they don't seem to bother leather/soft corals with stinging so thats good to know since I am mostly doing mostly a softy tank with a few LPS.

UPS is late *shakes fist*

yep! mine is on the same rock as a Devils hand leather and they seem to coexist just fine :)

Congrats!! Now go set up your 40B or hell... 80g rimless... !

Yah, if I got a bird again, it would be a love bird. Their vocals aren't anywhere near as loud as the large parrots.

House isn't big enough for an 80g. I'll have to send you a link to the house we're looking at building in the next couple years. I need ideas on where to put a 100 or so gallon rimless. :-D

House isn't big enough for an 80g. I'll have to send you a link to the house we're looking at building in the next couple years. I need ideas on where to put a 100 or so gallon rimless. :-D

drooool... so ... whens the 40B ganna be up then? YOu need to get it running so we can trade corals and stuff.

drooool... so ... whens the 40B ganna be up then? YOu need to get it running so we can trade corals and stuff.

a little under 40k in student loans left and then we'll do it. Pretty sure we picked a name for our daughter btw. :-D

a little under 40k in student loans left and then we'll do it. Pretty sure we picked a name for our daughter btw. :-D

oooo... what is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a few little acro frags next weekend. Selling my wp20 and he threw in some corals. I told him I am not picky just bring over some brightly colored ones of whatever he thinks is fair. So it will be sort of a surprise of what I get which is kind of cool actually.

Saw these deep-water coral beauty's on bluezoo. It has less blue but I actually like it because of the contrasting color. And only $28.

tahitiancoralbeauty_PS.jpg

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=6893&cid=9

I didn't realize coral beautys came in soo many color variants. People need to get pro and breeding them so they can be the next "designer" styled fish like clownfish. lol

coral-beauty-morphs.png

Koi coral beauty:

coral-beauty-nov-16-2011.jpg

Huh I didn't even know they came in different morphs. I've only ever seen a standard one, in person or online.

Yeah pretty crazy. If they were easier to breed. I could see so many morphs forming.

Archived